Sometimes I feel like the only one who likes all 4 songs that have been released and is expecting to like the entire album, no exceptions. :p

I say this as someone who's been a fan since 2001.

You're not alone, I pretty confident I'll love it.

Sometimes I feel like the only one who likes all 4 songs that have been released and is expecting to like the entire album, no exceptions. :p

i'm excited for the whole thing to be honest as well, just more excited for some remaining tracks than others based on descriptions haha

and out of the ones we've had so far, i like all of them but psycho seems to be the one i skip when it comes on so far, reapers is by far my favourite, followed by mercy

Stop being wrong.

It's boring, underdeveloped and overrated :phu:

I doubt I'll like the whole album. I'm fairly optimistic about it though, already seems like it'll be better than TR and T2L with it's punchy production and (so far) fairly cohesive sound.

I'm nearly the same.

Mercy is just ok. It serves it's purpose as a 'radio friendly single' I guess.

Looking forward to the whole album though. Will definitely be better than T2L

all I'm hearing is freddy mercury, rock anthem and ballads, none of which sound good.

and frankly, that helsinki jam-like riff in the globalist is a bit weird.

Yeah I'm a bit nervous about The Globalist. Probably shouldn't have watched the making of vid to get those preconceived ideas in my head.. Hopefully it delivers.

all I'm hearing is freddy mercury, rock anthem and ballads, none of which sound good.

and frankly, that helsinki jam-like riff in the globalist is a bit weird.

Matt's had Mercury comparisons since at least Absolution days so that's irrelevant, I remember when Uprising came out that was called a "rock anthem" and Uprising is a pretty good song so that's all good and eh if Invincible is anything to go by they do ballads alright

also the riff with the countdown sounds sick

Why do so many people dislike Psycho again?

It's just incredibly repetitive and drags on a little bit, if it was the length of the shortened version played on Jools Holland it would be so much better. Just a little too long

Matt's had Mercury comparisons since at least Absolution days so that's irrelevant, I remember when Uprising came out that was called a "rock anthem" and Uprising is a pretty good song so that's all good and eh if Invincible is anything to go by they do ballads alright

Invincible is great but that was 10 years ago. A more recent and relevant comparison would be Explorers, which is less encouraging.

Why do so many people dislike Psycho again?

It's good, just could've used a bit more variety, particularly during the 'fucking psycho' bits.

Psycho's length was perfect for the gig I visited on friday, but otherwise that's a good point I guess. I don't mind the Drill Seargent during the track though.

When I saw it, it felt just a chorus too long. Like, by the last one you could tell people were getting a bit tired and were ready for it to end.

Psycho's length was perfect for the gig I visited on friday, but otherwise that's a good point I guess.

Definitely seems like one that's better in a live environment, more fun when you can jump around to the riff and get into the music. But just sitting and listening it's like "oh yay, repetition number 20 of the 03050 riff how interesting... oh you said fucking psycho again, cool..."