I kinda wish Dead Inside had been track 2 (and every other track pushed back one to make a total of 13), and there could have been some kind of instrumental "Drones Overture" or something as the first track. Just guitar, drums and bass jamming out for a minute and a half or so. Kind of like an introduction to the musical style and themes of the album.

I kinda wish Dead Inside had been track 2 (and every other track pushed back one to make a total of 13), and there could have been some kind of instrumental "Drones Overture" or something as the first track. Just guitar, drums and bass jamming out for a minute and a half or so. Kind of like an introduction to the musical style and themes of the album.

I'm happy with dead inside as an opener but that would've been cool too.

Why on earth do people think Chris recorded the "I'm gonna make you/break you/a fucking psycho" from Psycho + "drones" + "here come the drones" parts of Reapers in studio? He's never been featured that prominently on a track he hasn't written himself and those parts are obviously Matt.

Why on earth do people think Chris recorded the "I'm gonna make you/break you/a fucking psycho" from Psycho + "drones" + "here come the drones" parts of Reapers in studio? He's never been featured that prominently on a track he hasn't written himself and those parts are obviously Matt.

Doesn't Chris do the background of the final chorus in Explorers? I know he does live (and quite beautifully) ... can't remember if it sounds like him or Matt on the studio track.

Psycho is obviously Matt. Not 100% sure about Reapers.

Psycho is Matt, but it isnt obvious that the "drones" parts in reapers is Matt - just because Chris hasn't featured vocally in any songs he hasnt written in the studio doesnt mean he doesnt feature in this track.

I'm more inclined to think he is doing those vocals given he is featured in the lyric vid as such. It's a song emulating their live sound, Chris does backing/ support vocals live - perhaps it inspired the change from chant to distortion :)