I really am. Anything but studying for finals works for me :LOL: also I care little about personally respecting the "real" release date, because those are just chosen for profitability anyways. The album was done since the beginning of April, so from that point on I'd have no guilt listening to the band's completed efforts. The only thing I think I've ever felt guilty about hearing early just because it was from an unfinished product was the The Globalist/Defector leak. There's a fine line between artistry and greedy capitalism for me

Was gonna post this on the gig discussion thread but it got closed just as I hit post :LOL:

So in reply to you on there:

"To be honest all I want them to do is make their setlists less predictable, have a bit of spontaneity in there. Make every gig like a Zepp one, just completely surprise people with different songs played and not the same old ones each night."

Was gonna post this on the gig discussion thread but it got closed just as I hit post :LOL:

"To be honest all I want them to do is make their setlists less predictable, have a bit of spontaneity in there. Make every gig like a Zepp one, just completely surprise people with different songs played and not the same old ones each night."

I reckon the best way for them to do their Drones tour setlists would to have the standard 'Drones' slots for the songs, and then have a few 'random' slots - like one slot for a Showbiz era song, a couple for OoS, a couple for Abso, etc... (and one for CE :D )

Here Muse would be able to play all their new stuff, and also surprise fans with a few random oldies

I reckon the best way for them to do their Drones tour setlists would to have the standard 'Drones' slots for the songs, and then have a few 'random' slots - like one slot for a Showbiz era song, a couple for OoS, a couple for Abso, etc... (and one for CE :D )

Here Muse would be able to play all their new stuff, and also surprise fans with a few random oldies

That's not a bad suggestion to be honest

I like this point and will use it to justify that tiny speck of guilt when I (hopefully) get to listen to a leak. Haha!

I think it became really obvious when Dom was asking if they could play 'The Handler'. It's a shame they're still being 'controlled' like that considering their 'status'...

Haha thanks. Yeah! It's a shame, record companies typically are the ones who decide a release date so the album can chart, profit, etc. I feel like a lot of artists would be more prolific if they wanted to be but aren't because of record companies.

I agree, there should be a standard amount of songs (or maybe the entire album) for each album tour they do off of said album, then rotate out a majority of other songs. I mean let's be honest, Muse has over 150 songs in their discography. There really is no need to be playing the same 3-9 songs all the time and a further 4-5 most of the time when there are so many possibilities.

That's not a bad suggestion to be honest

I just hate at every fricken gig there's a spot for Uprising, Starlight, etc..

I've seen those songs live enough. Maybe play MK Ultra instead of Uprising one gig? Even USoE? How about Hoodoo, MoTP, Assassin instead of Starlight?

Just those 'staple' songs are getting a little old. I just would love to have a huge surprise when I go to a gig. Last time I saw them, the previous night they played CE, Sunburn, and Animals.. We ended up getting Bliss (good) but also Guiding Light, Feeling Good, and no Hysteria.. Slightly disappointing to be honest.

If they just had a few slots for those particular albums we could avoid this altogether. Everyone gets an OoS song, etc..

EDIT

I mean, last time Radiohead came to Aus (sadly couldn't see them) they mixed up the sets completely both nights.. Muse should use their discography instead of making us bored of their 'classics'

I agree, there should be a standard amount of songs (or maybe the entire album) for each album tour they do off of said album, then rotate out a majority of other songs. I mean let's be honest, Muse has over 150 songs in their discography. There really is no need to be playing the same 3-9 songs all the time and a further 4-5 most of the time when there are so many possibilities.

Exactly, and this tour I think is the time for them to start changing things. Hopefully once Drones is released we'll start seeing a bigger difference in their sets. Friday's gig is the day it comes out in Australia I think so that could be one to watch out for.

I just hate at every fricken gig there's a spot for Uprising, Starlight, etc..

I've seen those songs live enough. Maybe play MK Ultra instead of Uprising one gig? Even USoE? How about Hoodoo, MoTP, Assassin instead of Starlight?

Just those 'staple' songs are getting a little old. I just would love to have a huge surprise when I go to a gig. Last time I saw them, the previous night they played CE, Sunburn, and Animals.. We ended up getting Bliss (good) but also Guiding Light, Feeling Good, and no Hysteria.. Slightly disappointing to be honest.

If they just had a few slots for those particular albums we could avoid this altogether. Everyone gets an OoS song, etc..

EDIT

I mean, last time Radiohead came to Aus (sadly couldn't see them) they mixed up the sets completely both nights.. Muse should use their discography instead of making us bored of their 'classics'

They should definitely mix things up more. I like all the songs they do play but I want to hear other stuff now.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=92196

I don't think it will leak today...

Based on worldwide earliest release dates :

- The Resistance was released on Friday the 11/09/2009 and leaked on Tuesday 08/09.

- The 2nd Law was relesased on Friday the 28/09/2012 and leaked on Monday 24/09.

Don't expect it until Monday or Tuesday this time :(

I mean let's be honest, Muse has over 150 songs in their discography. There really is no need to be playing the same 3-9 songs all the time and a further 4-5 most of the time when there are so many possibilities.

Keep in mind rehearsals and re-learning their own songs. Remembering structures, specific notes, etc.

I don't think it will leak today...

Based on worldwide earliest release dates :

- The Resistance was released on Friday the 11/09/2009 and leaked on Tuesday 08/09.

- The 2nd Law was relesased on Friday the 28/09/2012 and leaked on Monday 24/09.

Don't expect it until Monday or Tuesday this time :(

It releases Friday the 5th in most countries.

Right now I reckon Muse would be able to play without much of a fuss:

Psycho, Mercy, Dead Inside, Reapers

Madness, Animals, Panic Station, Survival

Uprising, Resistance, US, UD

Starlight, SMBH, MoTP, Assassin, Knights

AP, TiRO, SS, Hysteria, Blackout, B&H, RBS(?), Fury, The Groove

Dead Star

New Born, Bliss, Hyper Music, PiB, CE(?), Feeling Good, Futurism

Sunburn, MM, Uno, Unintended

Yes Please, Agitated

And you can come up with a lot of setlists involving a lot of hits and rarities from that.

Can we assume that Dom's double bass pedal is used for either the handler or globalist? Seeing as they are the only other two unheard songs that have heavier descriptions. Im really interested in hearing what Dom has recorded!

Edited by James Ward

Doesnt he use double bass on Dead Inside?

Nope, that's easily single-kick pedal work. Just like Undisclosed Desires (the acoustic version), or Assassin.

And Dom with a double pedal - let alone MUSE with a double pedal for the drum kit - worries me slightly. :(

It's one of those things that will either really enhance the song and its heaviness or it'll just be overkill and just ruin it.

Nope, that's easily single-kick pedal work. Just like Undisclosed Desires (the acoustic version), or Assassin.

And Dom with a double pedal - let alone MUSE with a double pedal for the drum kit - worries me slightly. :(

It's one of those things that will either really enhance the song and its heaviness or it'll just be overkill and just ruin it.

Dom does use a double bass pedal on Dead Inside. It's shown on the music video and various live ones.