Amen. Dick heads can be very closed-minded I've found (I'm not saying all people who like metal are like this, just a lot that I've met).

Fixed. :)

The music you like doesn't define you as a person. Who you are does.

You can be a close-minded elitist all you like.

Thinking it's "metal" or "manly" to throw piss bottles at people who don't fit your narrow world-view of what's "acceptable" and potentially really hurting someone, makes you an ignorant cunt.

I hate any sort of "culture" where that sort of shit is encouraged. Grow the fuck up.

I mean, figuratively... cuz most of those guys are getting on in years...

I know, and you're totally right. I just have to say that's not exclusive of metal elitism, it's across all genres of music. There will always be narrow-minded assholes that won't accept anything beyond their standards.

Personally, I love metal, a wide range of metal genres actually, but I don't see it as the top of the music scene or whatever...It's just music that I enjoy, isn't that the reason of music in the first place afterall?

I know, and you're totally right. I just have to say that's not exclusive of metal elitism, it's across all genres of music. There will always be narrow-minded assholes that won't accept anything beyond their standards.

Personally, I love metal, a wide range of metal genres actually, but I don't see it as the top of the music scene or whatever...It's just music that I enjoy, isn't that the reason of music in the first place afterall?

Pretty much this.

As a rock/metal festival, the people attending should be pissed if Muse pulled out a Madness-Guiding Light-Undisclosed Desires. Okay bottling is a little far, but I can still understand it

Pretty much this.

As a rock/metal festival, the people attending should be pissed if Muse pulled out a Madness-Guiding Light-Undisclosed Desires. Okay bottling is a little far, but I can still understand it

Pretty sure they won't pull anything like that tbh I'm expecting some of the old and heavy ones

Bottling and other types of aggressive behaviors are a little more common with "cultures" like the metal heads, though, which is my big problem.

You've got this gross, "uber-male" mentality that goes beyond elitism and into violence.

People who think hurting innocent people is not only acceptable, but funny/impressive.

Pretty sure they won't pull anything like that tbh I'm expecting some of the old and heavy ones

Yeah I believe they did say Download was an "excuse" for older heavier tracks, so I really do have high expectations. Playing between Slipknot and Kiss too they should know what sort of crowd will be attending :LOL:

Praying for Showbiz. Not expecting it, but I can pray...

Bottling and other types of aggressive behaviors are a little more common with "cultures" like the metal heads, though, which is my big problem.

You've got this gross, "uber-male" mentality that goes beyond elitism and into violence.

Yes, that unfortunatelly true. And believe that we, the pacific metal heads (normal people with no intentions of harm :LOL: ) are the first against that kind of behaviour, and also try to pass a different image to the outside world. It's not enough obviously, most of the people still thinks that all of us are violent mosnters xb But it's totally understandable

People who think hurting innocent people is not only acceptable, but funny/impressive.

:LOL: By no means is that exclusive to metal.

Mods vs Rockers

1970s Punks

1990s Gangsta Rap wars

1930s Delta Blues

It was present within classical music.

All you're doing here is grouping an entire fanbase of a massive genre into one, small box. It's ignorant and insulting. The thing about sweeping statements is all they do is spread shit.

:LOL: By no means is that exclusive to metal.

Mods vs Rockers

1970s Punks

1990s Gangsta Rap wars

1930s Delta Blues

It was present within classical music.

All you're doing here is grouping an entire fanbase of a massive genre into one, small box. It's ignorant and insulting. The thing about sweeping statements is all they do is spread shit.

I didn't want to bring rap into it, for obvious reasons.

But, if you read my original post, my point was that the assholes who ARE violent give the entire "culture" a bad rep.

Having an accepted tradition of throwing bottles of piss at people makes a "sweeping statement" to the world, and implies those individuals WANT the culture to be viewed that way.

I didn't want to bring rap into it, for obvious reasons.

But, if you read my original post, my point was that the assholes who ARE violent give the entire "culture" a bad rep.

Having an accepted tradition of throwing bottles of piss at people makes a "sweeping statement" to the world, and implies those individuals WANT the culture to be viewed that way.

What reasons?

I've never met a single person whose condoned piss bottle throwing. I feel you're taking an extreme circumstance and applying it across the board.

What reasons?

I've never met a single person whose condoned piss bottle throwing. I feel you're taking an extreme circumstance and applying it across the board.

She actually is, but you can't blame her. Most of the people in those circles really do intend to pass that idea of themselves

She actually is, but you can't blame her. Most of the people in those circles really do intend to pass that idea of themselves

Again, I've never met any who do. Quite frankly, metal concerts are wonderful experiences. Everyone understands what happens in a mosh pit (for example) and generally follows the ethics of them.

I actually dated a guy who was into a lot of metal that was a bit, too far, for me - for about six months.

His circle of friends and the places he hung out drove us apart. So, I mean, I'm basing it on more than just Download festival. And throwing bottles.

It certainly wasn't everyone, but I met with a lot of glorified violence and sexism that was either encouraged, or ignored, and it made me sad that a vocal minority ruined it for a lot of others.

You can pull up videos of different acts at Download for instance, it's not just a couple of isolated people doing it.

Humans have such a mob mentality sometimes. :noey: