So Defector is going to be the best song off Drones.

:D

From the descriptions and making of I think it'll be my least favourite. But that's my opinion.

Edit: This is only a prediction. I'm not making pre-judgements and I am willing to be proven wrong :)

Is there a screenshot or something of the journalist saying Reapers is coming? Or was it some insider source thing? Not saying I don't believe it but I'm just curious.

Insider source. Someone else also mentioned some journalist on facebook too.

At least it's been better than T2L's so far.

EDIT:

[Promotional talk about the album which leads to chris's singing]

How cool would of it been in the story of this album, Matt was singing one character and Chris was singing another character, so duo protagonists throughout the album (maybe each one on a different side). Then they both meet/collide in a big song such as The Globalist.

Edited by googoogee

Hey man, easy. That was a super personal album. Chris sang twice.

Seriously, I thought that was going to be a normal thing from then on but I guess not :/ Chris has a awesome voice.

How cool would of it been in the story of this album, Matt was singing one character and Chris was singing another character, so duo protagonists throughout the album (maybe each one on a different side). Then they both meet/collide in a big song such as The Globalist.

He was talking about the promotion of the album.

He was talking about the promotion of the album.

I take back what I said. (Totally misread) But I don't take back what I thought would of been cool:phu:

Anybody have any guesses on what song(s) they might cover, if there is any? There was Popcorn and Prague when Resistance came out then Sign O' The Times with T2L.

That would require more developed storytelling than Matt's probably capable of! He can't even stay in character for a whole song. But it might be cool if they had some guest singers too, like The Hazards of Love. More of a rock opera with conversations that hint at the action, while the music fills in the gaps in the story. It would leave a bit more to the listeners' imaginations.

I just didn't care for Chris' singing at all, tbh. I do think still that the two different narratives are going to confuse most people, or cloud what the point of the story is.

It seemed more open to interpretation until it was revealed that The Globalist is just the liberated protagonist who ruins himself with a lust for power by taking control of the system he escaped from

Edited by jonisdead

I take back what I said. (Totally misread) But I don't take back what I thought would of been cool:phu:

Anybody have any guesses on what song(s) they might cover, if there is any? There was Popcorn and Prague when Resistance came out then Sign O' The Times with T2L.

I think maybe there will be a proper cover of Lithium because they've already played that at Lollapalooza and Coachella

guys. I'm going to bed now, I'm the only one who wakes up, checks twitter, then later the board and search the net for news of the album?

I'm quite addicted and hyped for this album.

I dunno. night

Yeah, I don't know what I'm gonna do after the release, my life will be so empty :LOL:

I think maybe there will be a proper cover of Lithium because they've already played that at Lollapalooza and Coachella

I kind of wondered if that was just something quick they whipped up that was in a range Matt could more easily sing in at the time. Well, the parts without the screaming anyway. A proper cover would be nice.

It seemed more open to interpretation until it was revealed that The Globalist is just the liberated protagonist who ruins himself with a lust for power by taking control of the system he escaped from

I read Matt say it was a "what if" story about the dark forces winning, and was a completely different character. Likely the basis of the idea for the rest of it since it was written first.

But yeah, for people not reading all the interviews it's going to seem like the story doesn't end on the hopeful vibe Matt intended it to.