I wasn't a fan of Muse back in 2012, so haven't had the excitement of waiting for an album before. Looking back at The 2nd Law, it's easily my least favourite, but people were raving about it when it was released. I just think that maybe my current love for Drones is undeserving and that if I were looking back at the album, I may find it to be one of my least favourites. I just find it sad that I can't give a good impression of the songs. Looking back at a song is not exciting because for me it's always been there, so I'll just shrug it off on listening whereas I'll absolutely adore a Neely released song because it's just been released. So I'll enjoy this album even if it's just like The 2nd Law because I'm here to enjoy it when initially released and experience the hype.

About the spanish store... Here it comes out the 9th June, it must be mistaken. I think they mean that they start packaging and shipping them on June the 2nd to customers...

Although if I get it the 2nd I'll be pretty happy :awesome:

that's what I said to a friend.

I know it may sound stupid, but I like to give a fair evaluation of the albums and list them accordingly. It's how my mind works. I love the hype of all of this, but I don't like that it'll ruin the listing of the albums. Can anyone relate?

Christ reading those T2L reactions was depressing, didn't realise how much it was praised when released. Only one or two voices saying what most of us think of it by now. Are we destined to repeat this cycle again?

Christ reading those T2L reactions was depressing, didn't realise how much it was praised when released. Only one or two voices saying what most of us think of it by now. Are we destined to repeat this cycle again?

I think there's usually a stage of love for the album because it's so new, followed by a long stage of hatred and calling it underwhelming, before it finally having a set opinion. The Resistance is now widely accepted by fans. I jumped in after, so all albums are the same age to me, and I'm not a fan of The 2nd Law.

1) "Uhmmmmmm not what I expected but pretty good. Way better than T2L!"

2 months later

"New Muse album is such a crap...where is OOS???"

2 Months later

"Madness was a totally different story"

1 year later

"New Muse album next year?? Yay!!!"

Same old story

The cycle can not be broken.

that was just previews though, no?

Australians could stream the whole album, while people everywhere else could only listen to previews. I remember that night, could barely sleep waiting for someone to rip the whole thing.

okay went trough the thread now...what thread were you reading? There was the initial excitement because the song previews were available, so people went mad. Then when people had listened to them, the reactions were very mixed, and most of the positive reviews were by people who are no longer here, so that might still be their opinion, who knows? Hens hated it, forevermusic said he needed more time with it, Dee was praising some of the individual songs but complained about it as an album. Niall gave it a bad review, and Kueller was unimpressed as well. Loads of people were disappointed by Chris' songs as well as explorers and big freeze. Pretty much like these days.

Spark, futurellama, a-museing and citizen_eraser were also unimpressed.

Edit: same goes for Gareeh and Banksy. Basically the opinion of a lot of people was "better than TR", which doesn't say much.

Edited by Tjet

The cycle can not be broken.

To be fair, I remember listening to Survival and Madness trying to find good things about them until one day I just gave up. Not been the same initial reaction with Reapers, Mercy and Psycho. I actually do like them. Pretty sure I'll dislike Dead Inside in time, though.

To be fair, I remember listening to Survival and Madness trying to find good things about them until one day I just gave up. Not been the same initial reaction with Reapers, Mercy and Psycho. I actually do like them. Pretty sure I'll dislike Dead Inside in time, though.

Same, I never the singles from the 2nd Law the same amount of attention as I do for the released Drone tracks.