Anyway, if there's other people like Demonocracy who clearly struggle to understand posts written in what seems to be normal english (at least to me?), my point about Muse and Pitchfork is that they don't "hate" the band at all.

Well, then you could have just presented your opinion as it is, instead of something like this:

yeah omg how dare they

Do you think the above post communicated your point? Well, yes it is "normal english", but it didn't communicate your point in the slightest bit. And you blame me for "struggling to understand" your point.

I don't get this. You think that I sometimes answer with ":)" to silly posts just because I made the thread or feel like a mod? I'm not insulting anyone, I'm not fighting with anyone, and a ":)" reply to a stupid post isn't going to derail a thread that moves this fast, is it? I know it doesn't add much to it (or to a discussion that doesn't really exist in the first place), but is it going to make anyone cry? You're all overreacting. If I actually attacked people or insulted anyone you'd have a point.

Why does this thread move fast? Because there's a lot of news? I don't think so. One can only wonder why.

Your belief is false. That was not my thought. When I said "moderate", I did not mean it in the "official Moderator" sense, but in the sense as if you are the "host" of a discussion thread, responding to opinions excessively etc. I don't see how not "making anyone cry" is a justification for posting silly, unconstructive posts. Surely you can do better than that as an intelligent being.

Do you think the above post communicated your point? And you blame me for "struggling to understand" your point.

Yes.

"Why do they hate the band so much" doesn't strike me as a honest question though. And actually I just checked, Showbiz got a 6.7 and HAARP got a 6.5 on Pitchfork. They didn't review OoS and Abso (don't know why) but I guess at least OoS could have got a 7. Then they gave 4.2 to BH&R, 5.9 to TR and 5.5 to T2L. That's not "hate".

Sounds like I'm defending Pitchfork but I really am not, just reporting the scores they gave to Muse.

?

Why does this thread move fast? Because there's a lot of news? I don't think so. One can only wonder why.

Your belief is false. That was not my thought. When I said "moderate", I did not mean it in the "official Moderator" sense, but in the sense as if you are the "host" of a discussion thread, responding to opinions excessively etc.

Oh of course, the thread moves fast because Fabri, the main antagonist of the story, is spamming the board with his off-topic, negative and unrelated comments against the poor users of this community.

Am I responding to opinions excessively? Really? This is hilarious.

?

Well, that was only after someone called you out for making snarky comments. You could have just presented your point as it was in response to the original question, instead of posting the "how dare they" comment.

Oh of course, the thread moves fast because Fabri, the main antagonist of the story, is spamming the board with his off-topic, negative and unrelated comments against the poor users of this community.

Am I responding to opinions excessively? Really? This is hilarious.

Oh I made no such assertion that the thread moves fast because of you, did I? ;)

But yes, there must be a reason why your posts have been called out to be snarky by multiple users. You certainly seem to post more unnecessary, snarky posts than most of the other users here. Otherwise, why would we call YOU out and not anyone else? Because we have a personal vendetta against you? I doubt so. It's more likely that we do so because its obvious to a significant extent.

Well, then you could have just presented your opinion as it is, instead of something like this:

Do you think the above post communicated your point? Well, yes it is "normal english", but it didn't communicate your point in the slightest bit. And you blame me for "struggling to understand" your point.

Your belief is false. That was not my thought. When I said "moderate", I did not mean it in the "official Moderator" sense, but in the sense as if you are the "host" of a discussion thread, responding to opinions excessively etc. I don't see how not "making anyone cry" is a justification for posting silly, unconstructive posts. Surely you can do better than that as an intelligent being.

Just stop.

perhaps sarcasm is a language that needs to be learned but i had no problems at all getting the gist behind "yeah omg how dare they"

It would have been a sarcastic response if Con101 had posted something like "How can they/dare they post such reviews of Muse?". But as explained a few pages back, that was not his question. So it was not a proper sarcastic response, heck, it did not even respond to the question.

It would have been a sarcastic response if Con101 had posted something like "How can they/dare they post such reviews of Muse?". But as explained a few pages back, that was not his question. So it was not a proper sarcastic response, heck, it did not even respond to the question.

thanks for the english language lesson, it's greatly appreciated.

(really though i am genuinely impressed at how patronising you managed to make this sound.)

Thanks for taking us through that in such detail. The thread is forever in your debt.

Well, that was only after someone called you out for making snarky comments. You could have just presented your point as it was in response to the original question, instead of posting the "how dare they" comment.

God forbid someone used some sarcasm to convey a point on the internet! I apologize, I promise I'll never use sarcasm again and will present my opinions in a clearer/more light-hearted way, for the board is dark and full of terrors.

You certainly seem to post more unnecessary, snarky posts than most of the other users here.

I don't post more unnecessary posts than others. I just post more in general.

Glad we now have a sarcasm professor here!

Language and grammar are inherently flexible. They are constantly changing and evolving and it is impossible to state that there is only one way in which to portray what you mean. Sarcasm, for example, does not obey a special rule.

ETA: Full marks to Fabri for Game of Thrones reference. :LOL:

The riff posted last night reminds me of a classical piece. I can't put my finger on which one exactly or who composed it though.

Yeah, there is something about it that feels classical. Now I'm trying to think what the hell it could be. :LOL:

Knowing Matt, it's not unlikely that there'll be a classical influence on the album somewhere.