:awesome:

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to learn that rhythm properly.

I haven't played that song in a long time. Is there actually any #logic behind it? Because I just memorized it.

Lolwut?

Also James, what speakers do you have in your Orange Crunch 4x12?

I don't have the 4x12, but I'm sure they came with the G12T-75s. The amps and cabinets were identical to the standard ones, just more Matthew with orange covering.

Gibson's Les Paul-inspired watch costs more than a Les Paul

Than most Les Pauls.

Probably, but I gave up trying to count and just memorised it as well.

I didn't even try to count - I went straight to trying to memorize it.

But... maybe a good way of understanding it would be counting the beats in each measure, and then the amount of beats in the next measure before the 'stab' occurs?

Assuming it's in 4/4:

You have four measures at the beginning with no stabs (just palm muted notes)

Then the fifth measure you have one STAB three four

the sixth measure is STAB two three four

the seventh measure is the same as the sixth

eighth measure is the same as the fifth

and so on. Maybe there's a pattern, but I've only tried listening that far.

Edited by james90

I didn't even try to count - I went straight to trying to memorize it.

But... maybe a good way of understanding it would be counting the beats in each measure, and then the amount of beats in the next measure before the 'stab' occurs?

Assuming it's in 4/4:

You have four measures at the beginning with no stabs (just palm muted notes)

Then the fifth measure you have one STAB three four

the sixth measure is STAB two three four

the seventh measure is the same as the sixth

eighth measure is the same as the fifth

and so on. Maybe there's a pattern, but I've only tried listening that far.

Sounds about right... I think.

Are you missing them completely on the Ellipsis tour?

Sounds about right... I think.

Are you missing them completely on the Ellipsis tour?

It's highly likely that it isn't, but that's the best I can hear it without using a calculator.

And yes :facepalm: Two shows nearby... can't go to either because of scheduling conflicts :nerd:

@jbias12

you're in Germany aren't you? The fan club just sent out some pre-sale passwords for two shows there. You should go.

Although, I think the guitar show is usually around the same time (October), so don't get yourself into a scheduling conflict like I did.

@jbias12

you're in Germany aren't you? The fan club just sent out some pre-sale passwords for two shows there. You should go.

Although, I think the guitar show is usually around the same time (October), so don't get yourself into a scheduling conflict like I did.

Yea I got super stoked when I saw the October dates. I'm planning on going, but holding out to see if there's a MGW show this year at that time. Last one was the first week in October.

is that from stub hub? You should just get the enhanced experience, so you can go and take 86 pictures of the old amps and guitars like I did. Maybe they'll even have the kemper setup like they did on the UK tour

Nah, I checked LiveNation (supposedly the official site?). Might as well get the enhanced experience tbh - it's like $50 more expensive

Also James, you should go to the Biffy show in DC with me next month. 9:30 is supposedly a great venue and tickets are so cheap :eek:

Edited by Cider

Yea I got super stoked when I saw the October dates. I'm planning on going, but holding out to see if there's a MGW show this year at that time. Last one was the first week in October.

Get the meet and greet if they offer that. Speaking of which, they still haven't admitted me into that Facebook group so I can show the band the guitar I built assembled :phu:

The Jason spec (using that term loosely, as I have no idea what was in the original) came back the other day as well. It's really... different looking, but sounds really good. Doesn't look too far off from the original one, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone make a copy of this one.

http://www.weezerpedia.com/wiki/images/a/a9/Riversscrapedpaint.jpg

Nah, I checked LiveNation (supposedly the official site?). Might as well get the enhanced experience tbh - it's like $50 more expensive

Also James, you should go to the Biffy show in DC with me next month. 9:30 is supposedly a great venue and tickets are so cheap :eek:

They have ticket "resellers" on there from what I remember, so make sure you don't have those selected. And you should get that. It's sort of pointless if you plan to get GA and go to the museum thing as well... when I went, most people skipped the museum altogether in order to get a barrier spot. On the other hand, you'll still probably get there earlier than non-VIP, even if you play the psycho riff through the kemper and take 86 pictures of the old guitars.

I might do that if it's on the weekend. And of course, it's just that Muse tickets are really expensive.

Edited by james90

They have ticket "resellers" on there from what I remember, so make sure you don't have those selected. And you should get that. It's sort of pointless if you plan to get GA and go to the museum thing as well... when I went, most people skipped the museum altogether in order to get a barrier spot. On the other hand, you'll still probably get there earlier than non-VIP, even if you play the psycho riff through the kemper and take 86 pictures of the old guitars.

I might do that if it's on the weekend. And of course, it's just that Muse tickets are really expensive.

I never bought from that site before so I had no idea what those tickets were, but those were $245 seats without the VIP stuff. >"< Honestly I think it's not worth it, considering the fact that we would have to sit through 30 Seconds to Mars to see Muse :(

The Biffy show is n a Saturday! I haven't been to enough concerts to know whether $25 a pop is normal or not, but it sure is cheap for a small, personal venue. :D

I never bought from that site before so I had no idea what those tickets were, but those were $245 seats without the VIP stuff. >"< Honestly I think it's not worth it, considering the fact that we would have to sit through 30 Seconds to Mars to see Muse :(

The Biffy show is n a Saturday! I haven't been to enough concerts to know whether $25 a pop is normal or not, but it sure is cheap for a small, personal venue. :D

Then get VIP seated. You can look at all the guitars while the opening act is playing, and you don't have to worry about losing your spot.

It is. I also once paid under $10 to see Royal Blood at a 250 capacity venue. #CheapAsChips

Is it $25 for Biffy in a small venue? Fuck.

Yep. That's what I paid to see them at a 550 capacity venue in 2013. No additional charge for the meet and greet either. :ninja: That was my first time queuing though... 3pm to 8pm seems like nothing compared to what I did for the psycho tour show (5am to 6pm)

But then it wasn't out in the cold, and people seemed a lot more approachable at the Muse show for some reason.

Jaicen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxkd1D_Xz3I

First three songs only, but still, it's old material that's never been seen before (as far as I'm aware)

That's a great find, it's actually a fairly good recording too, and very interesting to see the GK on the Pacifica. . Surprising to hear them rocking Nishe etc,I still need to look at the other one, been stacked out with the kids today

It is. I also once paid under $10 to see Royal Blood at a 250 capacity venue. #CheapAsChips

Yep. That's what I paid to see them at a 550 capacity venue in 2013. No additional charge for the meet and greet either. :ninja: That was my first time queuing though... 3pm to 8pm seems like nothing compared to what I did for the psycho tour show (5am to 6pm)

But then it wasn't out in the cold, and people seemed a lot more approachable at the Muse show for some reason.

Oaft. Would love to see both of those bands in such small venues, especially with tickets that cheap!

I was surprisingly lucky on the Psycho tour. Queued for about an hour and got dead near the barrier... until I couldn't stand the heat and moved back.

Oaft. Would love to see both of those bands in such small venues, especially with tickets that cheap!

I was surprisingly lucky on the Psycho tour. Queued for about an hour and got dead near the barrier... until I couldn't stand the heat and moved back.

I would too. I'd be interested to see what sort of venues Royal Blood are playing next tour... you know, after they finish the album.

It seems like it's still possible to get pretty close, even if you're not queuing from 5am or earlier. I did it the difficult way - got there early and didn't move from my spot at all during the show.

And I remember you mentioned that. It was really bad at webster hall too... GA was basically just a massive pool of sweat :vomit:

I would too. I'd be interested to see what sort of venues Royal Blood are playing next tour... you know, after they finish the album.

It seems like it's still possible to get pretty close, even if you're not queuing from 5am or earlier. I did it the difficult way - got there early and didn't move from my spot at all during the show.

And I remember you mentioned that. It was really bad at webster hall too... GA was basically just a massive pool of sweat :vomit:

Hopefully a few more than last time if it sells out insanely quickly again! I think they played at about 1300-2000 ish capacity places in glasgow, so probably about the same size venues but maybe more dates. Still gutted that I missed both gigs :facepalm: