2015.06.12 - Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf, Netherlands

forevermusic

Back in 2001 I tried to let him say 'Scheveningen', impossible of course. He asked what it meant, I told him 'beach', but, as my English pronunciation wasnt very good either, he heard 'bitch', so he was shocked that I let him say a swear word, but then my friend corrected him and explained it was 'beach'like 'coast', hahah... lot of fun...good times...

:rolleyes:

Hahaha omg that's pretty funny :LOL::LOL:

Anyone who's been there the whole weekend? Besides all the Dave Grohl-talk, there's been a lot of complaints about the crowd. Was it really that bad? I was at Pinkpop a few years ago and it was a weird mix people you don't expect at festivals, but that was when they struggled with selling tickets so that's not really representative.

If the crowd wasn't dead during a few songs when Muse played, that might be pretty good compared to what I've heard about other acts. :LOL:

EDIT: Rather off-topic - regarding the Foo Fighters cancellation: too bad the organization is spreading weird stuff like "compensations because of annulations don't exist at any festival in the world." That's not true at all. Communication should be done by the company behind this festival, Jan Smeets is really good at responding with this kind of nonsense in interviews.

Edited by SmellyCat

Anyone who's been there the whole weekend? Besides all the Dave Grohl-talk, there's been a lot of complaints about the crowd. Was it really that bad? I was at Pinkpop a few years ago and it was a weird mix people you don't expect at festivals, but that was when they struggled with selling tickets so that's not really representative.

If the crowd wasn't dead during a few songs when Muse played, that might be pretty good compared to what I've heard about other acts. :LOL:

EDIT: Rather off-topic - regarding the Foo Fighters cancellation: too bad the organization is spreading weird stuff like "compensations because of annulations don't exist at any festival in the world." That's not true at all. Communication should be done by the company behind this festival, Jan Smeets is really good at responding with this kind of nonsense in interviews.

I was there the whole weekend. It is true the crowd sucked sometimes but I think that it's Dutch nature. People only really dance and go nuts when they're really big fans. Lots of the time they just stand and listen, however while still enjoying it!

I dunno, sometimes I wish I lived in the UK or something. It's so great to be in a crowd that really goes nuts, and the artists appreciate it as well.

Don't see why not, unless Muse have said NO to that....Slash's full set is up as well as others...

There was some tweet that they didn't get permission to show the full set, but only three songs. They only aired two, but if they were planning to show a third one, they'd have done that by now.

I was there the whole weekend. It is true the crowd sucked sometimes but I think that it's Dutch nature. People only really dance and go nuts when they're really big fans. Lots of the time they just stand and listen, however while still enjoying it!

I dunno, sometimes I wish I lived in the UK or something. It's so great to be in a crowd that really goes nuts, and the artists appreciate it as well.

That's kinda sad... Pinkpop's line-up wasn't really that great but there were a lot of acts that could be enjoyable with a good crowd etc.

I was also there the whole weekend. I think the hot weather also played a part in the crowd being mellow. And there is also the difference in the sort of visitors on each day. On saturday and sunday lots of local families who just come there to picknick. Didn't bother me though, wasn't there for the crowd :cool:

• 3 months later...

Nope it's definitely not playback: if you really pay attention to it you can always hear slight variations in the playing. Way of strumming, timing, extra nonsense he does inbetween sections.

He is just so experienced running around while playing guitar that it doesn't make much of a difference anymore. I mean, look at how he can play the Hysteria solo perfectly while swinging the guitar from side to side, and also the plug in baby riff while 'pirouetting'.