Muse - Live At Rome Olympic Stadium

KirkBot

Just came back from the screening in Newcastle, thought it was amazing. Matt's rebel tooth in ultra high definition is something i'll never forget

newcastle as in cineworld boldon?

I thought it was incredible, apart from one annoying crowd participant!

Also back from the screening, it was wonderful! Loved everything, from the quality, the sound (though they did have it a little quiet for the first three songs). I had a good seat and I was very glad of the mostly quiet audience as all I wanted to see was Muse, and all I wanted to hear was also Muse, and Muse only. Not some random person near me singing along or whatever. One person kept calling into the songs, towards the end but not after them usually, and she didn't even stop after she'd gotten a few death glares from a lady in front of her. I would have :chuckle: And the other was rustling with a fucking plastic popcorn bag, I would have liked to kick them both out of the cinema and city in one kick. :mad::viking:

Loved the transition to colour in Follow Me, I was surprised the song had started in b/w but then I realised where it would happen and it did, yay! :dance:

And as other have written also, Matt sprinting along the catwalk... though it's competing hard with Chris doing the same thing, in KoC after he's finished the Man with the harmonica :love:

And also when Matt and Chris "met" on the catwalk and Chris was looking like "Can I go now? No, ok...now? Still not? Oh come on! Can I? Please? FINALLY!" *runs off* :LOL::LOL:

So many amazing moments, I liked the cuts - also the fast sequence - the crowd was good, singalong, good atmosphere, all well captured! Loved the bass turning the cinema into a 4D experience at times :LOL:

What I loved most actually were all those little smiles. :supersad: I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how much fun the band had :love:

re: the quiet/loud cinema crowd: I very much enjoyed having the clean Muse sound and hearing only the band, on a gig it's usually loud enough to drown out those next to you but it wasn't in the cinema. Being able (!) to sit there, chill and enjoy the gig was a great thing, even though I didn't do much chilling, as I was constantly singing along noiselessly/lightly tapping the drums finger on finger (just as noiselessly) or dancing in my seat or tapping the rhythm (I checked to make sure I wasn't disturbing anyone, and I didn't). Had anyone really gone out loud it would have been simply annoying...most obvious fans were doing the same as I was, and the casual viewers were just sitting and watching. After the credits we all gave applause though :D /goodcinemacrowdimo :phu:;)

Yep. Also, the unnatural change of the audience's volume was distracting.

I didn't think it was too bad. It would have been worse if it had been kept quiet. You'd have the loudness of TIRO, an awkward quiet chorus singalong, and back to normal volume.

As McQueen, Supremacy was really quiet at the start. But I'm not sure if that's a cinema issue or not.

Sometimes the crowd was too loud, c'mon. Felt unnatural.

The whole thing was incredibly loud in general though

I felt it was too quiet in parts, but that might be the cinema.

I understand what you mean about the crowd being unnatural, but I think it'd be worse if it were quieter. Though I must admit, the volume of the crowd during starlight was particularly unnatural. That was way too loud.

The crowd noise was unnatural and out of place, because they simply turned it up and down at various parts, and it did not sound like a natural increase; it sounded like what it was, someone turning the volume up and down.

At some of the theaters with sub par sound, the louder it got, the more muddy the entire sound got, and certain parts of songs were completely drowned out.

I get that it was trying emulate what it would sound like live to an extent, but when I'm watching it from home (or theater) I want to clearly hear the band over people screaming.

The crowd noise was unnatural and out of place, because they simply turned it up and down at various parts, and it did not sound like a natural increase; it sounded like what it was, someone turning the volume up and down.

At some of the theaters with sub par sound, the louder it got, the more muddy the entire sound got, and certain parts of songs were completely drowned out.

I get that it was trying emulate what it would sound like live to an extent, but when I'm watching it from home (or theater) I want to clearly hear the band over people screaming.

I'm still pissed I missed it the one night it played at the Lagoon.

None of those are in the film. And the intro IIRC is just the Unsustainable dialogue.

Really? Monty Jam and House of the Rising Sun are like one minute each or so, why weren't they in the movie? They were exclusives of this tour and all. Monty Jam was perfect when used to introduce Feeling Good and HOTRS had a pretty amazing audience reception (at least on my gig). Dracula Mountain was just purely badass.

On the contrary, we got MWAH. Meh.

Really? Monty Jam and House of the Rising Sun are like one minute each or so, why weren't they in the movie? They were exclusives of this tour and all. Monty Jam was perfect when used to introduce Feeling Good and HOTRS had a pretty amazing audience reception (at least on my gig). Dracula Mountain was just purely badass.

On the contrary, we got MWAH. Meh.

HOTRS an exclusive of this tour?

Yeah though, I guess they could have kept at least Monty Jam. I'd say MWAH was good (albeit shortened) with the dead banker and the black&white.

HOTRS an exclusive of this tour?

Yeah though, I guess they could have kept at least Monty Jam. I'd say MWAH was good (albeit shortened) with the dead banker and the black&white.

It wasn't? I thought so, oh well. Still. The crowd singing a cover without Matt's voice right before TIRO sent chills down my spin last June. Sigh. Not having Monty Jam puzzles me, it fits right before Feeling Good so perfectly...

PS: You watch Breaking Bad. I like that.

It wasn't? I thought so, oh well. Still. The crowd singing a cover without Matt's voice right before TIRO sent chills down my spin last June. Sigh. Not having Monty Jam puzzles me, it fits right before Feeling Good so perfectly...

PS: You watch Breaking Bad. I like that.

They've been playing it since 2006 I think.

Thanks. I like your username.