Digitech Whammy V vs. Boss PS-6

spiderpirata

Just googled it, it's named a harmonist pedal, it doesn't look significantly better than most other intelligent harmonizers, certainly not capable of running an MOTPesque effect all by its lonesome. Matt or someone really should bring out a pedal that does the MOTP effect, so people don't have to fork out on a Whammy and Cubase, or Guitar Rig etc.

Hmm, it could be a simple sequencer if you aren't looking for the whole deal, like, I can get the MOTP effect going on Guitar Rig with just an analogue sequencer and a pitch pedal. Not Both pitch-shifting patterns used in the song, but still, the basic setup. If it was purely for sequenced pitch-shifting, the pedal could just have a screen showing the positions of the individual sliders that control the stage and pitch. Something like that could be reasonably priced, though I guess it may turn out to be a one trick pony, largely for small budget Musers.

Ya, though if you want to pay for your software used for sequencing it, that's more money. And can you really get a whammy for £100ish? I was looking for one a while ago and it was nearer the £200 mark..

Get a decent one second hand, easy. Someone on here's selling one for £70 or something IIRC?

And 'acquire' the software :ninja:

Don't really know much about amps, my Spider IV is the only amp I've had besides the 15w practice amp I got with my first guitar. I want something that can do decent clean tones, but also whack out heavy-ass distortion.

I personally would recommend Vox VR or Valvetronix series or any Blackstar. Few people on here have blackstars now

Why does barely anyone on here have a Blackstar? A guy on youtube who does a lot of decent Muse covers uses a Blackstar, so that gets me leaning in that direction.. pedal wise what do you advise for a basic setup? I just want decent overdrive, fuzz, whammy (4, 5, or DT?) EQ, delay, and a phaser

Why does barely anyone on here have a Blackstar? A guy on youtube who does a lot of decent Muse covers uses a Blackstar, so that gets me leaning in that direction.. pedal wise what do you advise for a basic setup? I just want decent overdrive, fuzz, whammy (4, 5, or DT?) EQ, delay, and a phaser

I think he meant quite a few. I have one, Dom has one, mfc has one. A few others (Will?).

Whammy I'd say 4 if you want to budget, and 5 if you want the latest (better processor and works with chords). Both will do fine for Muse stuff.

Also, this is just me, but EQ could be lower in priority. Depends on what you'd do with it.

Whammy 4 doesnt work with chords? in what way? Is it true the 5 has no dry output? What's different with the DT? I use my Spider's additional (non-amp) EQ a lot, so I've grown to have EQ quite high up on my priority list. There is a cover of MOTP on Youtube, in which I love the guitar tone, the guy says he uses a Digitech Bad Monkey, I cannot quite tell, but would you say the Bad Monkey overdrive is the key to this tone?

Also, why does everyone seem so fixed on having a tuner? I can tune fine by ear..

Whammy 4 doesnt work with chords? in what way? Is it true the 5 has no dry output? What's different with the DT? I use my Spider's additional (non-amp) EQ a lot, so I've grown to have EQ quite high up on my priority list. There is a cover of MOTP on Youtube, in which I love the guitar tone, the guy says he uses a Digitech Bad Monkey, I cannot quite tell, but would you say the Bad Monkey overdrive is the key to this tone?

Also, why does everyone seem so fixed on having a tuner? I can tune fine by ear..

It sounds really glitchy with chords. That might be your thing though as I kinda like the sound too. The Whammy 5 allows for both glitchy mode and a new one better for polyphonic.

The DT has a lot of other features but I find it a bit too much (and the pedal is fuckhuge).

Meh tuners are just convenient, love me TU2

Dunno about DT so much, but I've had both Whammy 4 and 5

Whammy 5 does everything the 4 does, except it doesn't have the dry output as well as wet, but I never used it anyway.

Whammy 5 unlike the 4 has true bypass, runs on 9V DC so is more compatible with most power bricks, has the polyphonic chords mode

and looks sxc

If you can get a Whammy 5 for a decent price I'd get that. I got one off US eBay (cheers James oxoxoxo) for cheap, but customs can be a dick

Never really tried Whammying chords, not in a funky way, I've used pitch shifting to change them long term in a song, but not for wankery like Matt does.

The 5 sounds more like my kinda thaang, what's the price range on 'em?

And I hate to be buggy, but what's either of your verdicts on the tone in that video? As if it is mainly the Bad Monkey, I'd probably go for it when I start getting my pedals

Never really tried Whammying chords, not in a funky way, I've used pitch shifting to change them long term in a song, but not for wankery like Matt does

My Iron Lung is a decent example of a whammy 4 with chords

think it's whammy 4? Was a while ago they did that, dunno when each whammy came out

Hmm, it could be a simple sequencer if you aren't looking for the whole deal, like, I can get the MOTP effect going on Guitar Rig with just an analogue sequencer and a pitch pedal. Not Both pitch-shifting patterns used in the song, but still, the basic setup. If it was purely for sequenced pitch-shifting, the pedal could just have a screen showing the positions of the individual sliders that control the stage and pitch. Something like that could be reasonably priced, though I guess it may turn out to be a one trick pony, largely for small budget Musers.

With guitar rig, you can have two sequencers controlling two whammy pedals right at the beginning of your chain. Each sequencer has a different pattern as needed for the song. Have the default for the setting to have first seq/whammy on, and the 2nd off. Then you bind the on/off for all 4 effects to one button on the foot controller. One tap switches effects and patterns