Digitech Whammy V vs. Boss PS-6

spiderpirata

opinions?

i'm confused about the KEY knob on the Boss PS-6.

so you will change the KEY in every song? hmmm.

it also function as a whammy due to the S-Bend feature?

In an NME article, the song was described as 'stadium stomp' and being about the world being in "meltdown."

According to previews of the album, Big Freeze is a surprising song with funk elements while retaining a 'Muse-y' sound. [1]

In the chorus, you can hear similar vocals to Map of the Problematique. The guitar effect at the start also bares similarities to Map Of The Problematique. Matt later revealed the effect is created with the use of a pitch-shifting pedal made by Boss. Matt claims Boss 'ripped him off' due to the pedal creating such a similar sound to the one he invented for Map Of The Problematique. The song has been compared to U2.

• 2 weeks later...

Either I am severely misinformed, or that quote has so many holes it's not even funny: As far as I'm aware, the same effect is used in MOTP and BF, just with the sequencer/s pitch parameters shifted around a bit. There is no pedal used for this effect, in either song, the effect is generated (by Matt at least) by routing the guitar signal through 2 synths (I know there is more to it than that, but I cannot be bothered to go into detail) Matt has no reason to use a Boss pitch shifting pedal anyways seeing as he has Whammys. I'm not sure if the above quote was a troll or something, but I'm just in a state of WAT right now over it. Rant over. tl;dr: The above quote is total crap

Either I am severely misinformed, or that quote has so many holes it's not even funny: As far as I'm aware, the same effect is used in MOTP and BF, just with the sequencer/s pitch parameters shifted around a bit. There is no pedal used for this effect, in either song, the effect is generated (by Matt at least) by routing the guitar signal through 2 synths (I know there is more to it than that, but I cannot be bothered to go into detail) Matt has no reason to use a Boss pitch shifting pedal anyways seeing as he has Whammys. I'm not sure if the above quote was a troll or something, but I'm just in a state of WAT right now over it. Rant over. tl;dr: The above quote is total crap

According to MuseWIki, Matt did Big Freeze with the boss pedal.

Still remember on The Resistance Tour page on Wikipedia there was a part that mentioned the setlists being criticized by people "such as Dee3Dee".

:LOL::LOL:

There's a few things on Musewiki I don't get

Including that the Bomber has an Ibanez neck. Fuck offffff it does not

It is a good site though, do love having a gander through MuseWiki, the amount of detail is insane!

What really bugs me is Facebook pages for matt's guitar, and you see clueless idiots posting pictures of bobble's black carbon thinking it's Matt's going

"so beautiful 0_0 matt has the best guitars"

wankers

wankers everywhere

and then there was one of santa and they called it the Bomber. They're a fucking page dedicated to Matt's guitars yet don't know the name of them. Urgh. People. People are the worst.

I do like MuseWiki too but I hate how some fans consider it always official sources of info.

Then again a lot of people actually considered the edited "Twilight is shit" quote Liam made to actually be real and used it in arguments.

:LOL::LOL:

There's a few things on Musewiki I don't get

Including that the Bomber has an Ibanez neck. Fuck offffff it does not

It doesn't, I asked hugh last year. It's just an old Mansons neck. They wouldn't even legally put their logo on a neck that's not theirs :LOL:

Also, I saw something important (cant remember what, could have been NME) before the release of T2L quoting Al's edit in musewiki, with reference to "twisty kaoss" :LOL:

Edit: OH YEAH!!! it was the local newspaper around Newton Abbot doing a thing about Mansons...

It doesn't, I asked hugh last year. It's just an old Mansons neck. They wouldn't even legally put their logo on a neck that's not theirs :LOL:

Also, I saw something important (cant remember what, could have been NME) before the release of T2L quoting Al's edit in musewiki, with reference to "twisty kaoss" :LOL:

It's obviously not an Ibanez neck! Just because the headstock bore resemblance urgh

Edit: OH YEAH!!! it was the local newspaper around Newton Abbot doing a thing about Mansons...

I know what you're talking about - I don't think it actually said twisty kaoss though. I'll see if I can find the link, but I think it must have been in the first thread which is gone now

aha, mybad, how did I misinterpret it? And did he really use a Boss pedal for Big Freeze? The effect sounds almost identical in nature to MOTP

Well afaik Matt never said he used this Boss pedal. He just mentioned it in an interview previous to the release of T2L that it was capable of a similar effect to the one he 'invented', which as you said uses some nord thing he keeps in his rack. I imagine he'd use the same gear for BF as MotP, makes sense. But yeah, nowhere did he say that he actually uses the Boss pedal I think.

Well afaik Matt never said he used this Boss pedal. He just mentioned it in an interview previous to the release of T2L that it was capable of a similar effect to the one he 'invented', which as you said uses some nord thing he keeps in his rack. I imagine he'd use the same gear for BF as MotP, makes sense. But yeah, nowhere did he say that he actually uses the Boss pedal I think.

Ah, I was a bit confused there, so this Boss pedal can do a pitch-shifting effect, all on its own, similar to the one in BF and MOTP? And I swore I read somewhere that Matt didn't actually coin this effect, that others have used it before him. I don't have any evidence either way, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere..

Ah, I was a bit confused there, so this Boss pedal can do a pitch-shifting effect, all on its own, similar to the one in BF and MOTP? And I swore I read somewhere that Matt didn't actually coin this effect, that others have used it before him. I don't have any evidence either way, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere..

I'm sure Matt was talking bollocks when he said he invented it. It's not really much of an invention :LOL:

I don't actually have any idea about this boss pedal