Legitimate instrumental versions?

djarv

This is all about the two 2nd law tracks... basically because of the overlaying speech/soundbites I simply can't listen to them.

It embodies a lot of what greatly depresses me about the world today, and having an intense overwhelming feeling of "well what's the point?" is very bad when you're behind the wheel of a vehicle. It just gets to me too much.

So, they always get skipped, which is a huge shame because the rest of the track is truly fantastic.

I can see these things exist, but as far as I can tell only illegally, which to me is as good as not existing at all.

Can anyone tell me if there are any official releases/special editions/anything legitimate containing these that I have completely missed?

Also, do Muse have a history of releasing such things?

In my searches since the release of The 2nd Law, various forums suggest they do, but this site says not.

Thanks all!

Yup, the unsustainable reliance on fossil fuels with the production predicted to be not off max capacity (not running out) threatening war, and with the UK currently relying too heavily on imported energy, it depresses me greatly. It's just something my head does getting caught up in that stuff which is really annoying but I try and forget about it in areas I can't personally make a difference in.

Those news-like sound bites on Unsustainable and Isolated System stab straight into those feelings though, and give it a good twist, hence skip.

Thanks for your response, where or on what are the instrumentals available?

As I say can't find them anywhere legitimate.

Cheers!

Found the one you're talking about. Wow, it's beautiful.

Actually i was talking about this :happy:

http://www.muselive.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=53384

The Isolated System Instrumental with choir is a fantastic piece of music and i can appreciate it better without the vocals, i could listen the track over and over...

But in the context of the album i understand why the news reader is there.

Actually i was talking about this :happy:

http://www.muselive.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=53384

The Isolated System Instrumental with choir is a fantastic piece of music and i can appreciate it better without the vocals, i could listen the track over and over...

But in the context of the album i understand why the news reader is there.

Brilliant! Now I can finally listen to these two tracks without getting annoyed at those frankly 'non-musical' elements ;)

Define "non-musical"

I meant those sounds that don't actually comprise part of the melody/symphony directly. The song would sound perfectly fine without them -- in fact, some people such as myself think that a 'non-musical' "newsread" potentially spoils an otherwise fine piece of music. Doubt this thread would exist if such things had no value/merit ;)

I meant those sounds that don't actually comprise part of the melody/symphony directly. The song would sound perfectly fine without them -- in fact, some people such as myself think that a 'non-musical' "newsread" potentially spoils an otherwise fine piece of music. Doubt this thread would exist if such things had no value/merit ;)

:eek:

His problem was the lyrics being pessimistic, not the music being bad. It's more "musical" than everything you ever created, I guess... and it's my keep

I am listening right now to the Instrumental version of the album and wow.. Madness and Unsustainable are 1 million times better like this! I think i will replace these 2 on my itunes :x ahah!

Now in a more serious tone, I believe honestly that the major problem with the album are the voice parts (and lyrics in some cases), not by lack of effort or incompetence, but because I think Matt actually tried to hard to be different and innovative but he ended up but reducing the quality of the melody created.

Always a pleasure anyways to listen to the instrumental versions!

Archived