2013.02.06 - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Spittle

Man, I was so hyped when the concert ended I didn't even notice that I dropped my T-shirt under my chair. Anyone know where I can get another one? I can't find it anywhere online, it's the black one with a photo of the band in white. The only bad thing on an otherwise amazing night. :\

Try the rock shop on Granville street

I was so pissed at the people around me....I understand if you're new to muse but what's the point of stranding in my way near the front if you don't know any songs , and looking at your phone the whole time?!

Agree completely.

My intention to was avoid the barricade b/c I didn't wanna get squished and shoved around too much by crazy MUSE fans (not that there's anything wrong with that, I just don't wanna get all bruised up).

So I hung around the very right side in front of Chris, but the dudes right up at the barricade barely even wiggled... gosh maybe the last third of the set did they bop their head a bit.

Hell I should've just made my way up so I could get a better view without their heads blocking my way (I'm too short).

All in all, I still enjoyed myself. LOVE Chris' teal bass!!

Also wished for Save Me instead of Liquid State.... that song doesn't do anything for me.

TIRO back to back with SS and Matt sexing the riff right before my eyes :D but by then my ears were semi-deaf and couldn't hear vocals very well. (Or does SS just sound better on recording?)

Hope you all had fun!

Agree completely.

My intention to was avoid the barricade b/c I didn't wanna get squished and shoved around too much by crazy MUSE fans (not that there's anything wrong with that, I just don't wanna get all bruised up).

So I hung around the very right side in front of Chris, but the dudes right up at the barricade barely even wiggled... gosh maybe the last third of the set did they bop their head a bit.

Hell I should've just made my way up so I could get a better view without their heads blocking my way (I'm too short).....

Barrier is the BEST place if you're short -- the 3 gals next to Rog were barely 5 feet tall and had a stellar view of the whole show!

BTW some of us on the barrier didn't move much because we were in there like sardines! My forearms are one big bruise, but so worth it! Plus I took a few vids (gocanux47 on YT) and had to be still -- so hard!

The security guard in front of us gave me a guitar pick that had fallen on the floor, and sneaked me a folded-up setlist out of his pocket! Another benefit of being up front. (And Rog got a MB hand-slap, nice!)

I hate ranting, but I just feel alienated that they didn't play more of their older songs :(

I know they're trying to promote the new album, but look at the Chili Peppers. Their setlist here was so diverse, and they played all the classics! Muse only played ONE song from Origin of Symmetry, and two songs from Absolution.

I hate feeling a sense of elitism, but I just hate how the NEW Musers are just going to think MUSE is just an electronic pop band, when really, they have a wider sound than that...they played almost ALL of 2nd Law, and it would have been nice to see more songs from Origin or Absolution.....

BTW, nice pictures! I was near the front in front of Chris, but too many tall people in front of me....

I hate feeling a sense of elitism, but I just hate how the NEW Musers are just going to think MUSE is just an electronic pop band, when really, they have a wider sound than that...they played almost ALL of 2nd Law, and it would have been nice to see more songs from Origin or Absolution.....

You should really give new fans more credit.... I mean we were all new fans at once, and we listened to older stuff too, no reason to think that newer fans wouldn't either.

I was so pissed at the people around me....I understand if you're new to muse but what's the point of stranding in my way near the front if you don't know any songs , and looking at your phone the whole time?!

oh my goodness, i particularly hated this - these two girls made it their goal to elbow their way in front of me and it would either have been me battling them or me enjoying the show, so i chose the latter but still managed to view that both of em didn't know what the hell was going on, no lyrics, no expression, no nothing. so annoying, they only kept taking photos and blocking views.

but other than annoying people :rolleyes: , the show was wicked! i really liked their dedication to getting different angles of them playing and showing it - looking at the youtube videos from a far it looked like everyone got to see what was going on without having to be very close - love it! i was on the chris' side and besides those two, the people around me were really enthusiastic - singing, jumping and fist pumping, man it was awesome! being tall certainly helped ;)

ps. can i just say the finale with the fog on the people in the front was a god send, it was so hot and that just ended the show on the best possible note - literally and fig!

Our neighbors on the barrier might see themselves in this clip -- a bit shaky, we were buffeted quite a bit up there! It gets really wibbly-wobbly when Chris threw a handful of guitar picks, most of which ended up on the floor in front of the barrier. "Our" security guy gave me one!

As much as I enjoyed the gig, I kind of left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Last time they were here in 2010 I remember not even being able to BREATHE by the 4th song. They've definitely toned the rocking down and there were less outro riffs.

Maybe some prefer that but that's part of my enjoyment of Muse's live performances.. they finish a song and just decide to jam out for a bit and it sounds great.

To me the gig just felt very business like. Kind of like "OK boys we're here. Let's do our thing and get the hell out of here."

2010:

Uprising

Resistance

New Born + YYZ riff + Headup riff + Micro Cuts riff

Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm riff

Supermassive Black Hole

Interlude + People of the Sun intro + Hysteria + Testify intro + Back in Black riff

2013:

Unsustainable

Supremacy

Supermassive Black Hole

Panic Station

Resistance

Plug In Baby

This also made me realize they didn't even play Hysteria.. :(

As much as I enjoyed the gig, I kind of left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Last time they were here in 2010 I remember not even being able to BREATHE by the 4th song. They've definitely toned the rocking down and there were less outro riffs.

Maybe some prefer that but that's part of my enjoyment of Muse's live performances.. they finish a song and just decide to jam out for a bit and it sounds great.

To me the gig just felt very business like. Kind of like "OK boys we're here. Let's do our thing and get the hell out of here."

2010:

Uprising

Resistance

New Born + YYZ riff + Headup riff + Micro Cuts riff

Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm riff

Supermassive Black Hole

Interlude + People of the Sun intro + Hysteria + Testify intro + Back in Black riff

2013:

Unsustainable

Supremacy

Supermassive Black Hole

Panic Station

Resistance

Plug In Baby

This also made me realize they didn't even play Hysteria.. :(

To be fair, I think the individual performances of the songs themselves were better than the first time. Supermassive Black Hole was fucking amazing this time, while it felt like nothing special the last time.

oh my goodness, i particularly hated this - these two girls made it their goal to elbow their way in front of me and it would either have been me battling them or me enjoying the show, so i chose the latter but still managed to view that both of em didn't know what the hell was going on, no lyrics, no expression, no nothing. so annoying, they only kept taking photos and blocking views.

but other than annoying people :rolleyes: , the show was wicked! i really liked their dedication to getting different angles of them playing and showing it - looking at the youtube videos from a far it looked like everyone got to see what was going on without having to be very close - love it! i was on the chris' side and besides those two, the people around me were really enthusiastic - singing, jumping and fist pumping, man it was awesome! being tall certainly helped ;)

ps. can i just say the finale with the fog on the people in the front was a god send, it was so hot and that just ended the show on the best possible note - literally and fig!

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those people was me! I was on Chris' side too.

To be fair, I think the individual performances of the songs themselves were better than the first time. Supermassive Black Hole was fucking amazing this time, while it felt like nothing special the last time.

Agreed. Vocals were top notch this time around.

Archived