2013.02.06 - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Spittle

Yeah no kidding eh, those fees are ludicrous. Just picked up 3 floor and 2 seats (Mother needed somewhere to sit...) pretty damn excited for this, but still so expensive. :'(

haha mother is going? that's awesome lol

last time I felt bad for Silversun Pickups since no one was getting into their music.. I'm definitely pumped Band of Skulls are opening.

I couldn't get into the silversun pickups, because i don't like the silversun pickups... but i do enjoy band of skulls so look forward to the rare opening act that will entertain me...

as for the cfox presale code... it would be "madness" to share it with you :p

I couldn't get into the silversun pickups, because i don't like the silversun pickups... but i do enjoy band of skulls so look forward to the rare opening act that will entertain me...

as for the cfox presale code... it would be "madness" to share it with you :p

I love the silversun pickups, they were great live too :)

Thanks for the hint, though it seems that GA is sold out. I guess I will have to try my luck tomorrow :(

^ Totally disagree, I was at the barrier for 2010 and it sounded absolutely excellent.

^ Agree! :yesey:

The only downside to being at the barrier on the last tour was the height of the stage and them being on the towers for part of the show. Makes for a very sore/stiff neck, especially after consecutive shows. I suppose it could be all the head-banging, too. Lol!

Planning to queue again this time. It's going to be so fucking cold queuing in early February. April was bad enough last time.

how close is too close really depends on the stage and speaker setup. most big venue bands are smart enough to have the curved speakers that ensure sound is pointed at those on the floor. but i have been to shows, summer sanitarium at seahawk stadium 2003 comes to mind, where if you were right against the fence you actually couldn't hear very well because the speakers were hung behind you facing away.

stage height will also come in to play. If the touring stage is anything like the launch show stage here http://muse.mu/images,the-2nd-law-launch-shows-london-and-paris_162.htm?photo=4027 then being up front should be fine view wise. luckily there are plenty of shows before ours so you'll be able to get an idea of where the sweet spot to stand is before showing up.

back to back floor for metallica in august made me realize i'm getting old and my knees are junk so i'll be sitting this one out. though i'm hoping my seats in 325 still have a good sight lines of the stage i'm a little worried as the seating map shows it directly to the right of the stage... i passed along my ok seats in sec 116 row 13 for a shot at front row balcony so we'll see if it pays off or not...

• 2 months later...

I have VIP tickets and am asking every day if it's Feb yet ^.^

I missed their last concert by three days and was heartbroken! The Resistance was a PHENOMENAL album! I really hope they play Exogenesis Symphony in Feb! Though I know it's going to be soo fucking epic I'll have to bring a change of underwear! :LOL:

Matt Bellamy's voice is just orgasmic!! :$

I'm trying to think of all the ways I could get to meet him through my being a journalist... any ideas? hehe.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyone going to the Vancouver concert that purchased both VIP and GA tickets to get first access to the floor that might be interested in trading off their VIP seats with me? I got VIP seats but they're pretty far back and would love something closer :D

Pretty sure that VIP tickets don't get you access to the floor early..... or even the floor.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this thread picks up as we get closer to the concert. I'm banging my head against the wall right now wondering why I bought GA this time again. Last time I had GA I lucked out and got one dude behind the fence.

This time it's February in Vancouver. I bring a jacket and nowhere to put it inside! The weather report is not looking friendly right now.

(I liked Silversun Pickup's... one song. Hope this opening band will be much better!)

how close is too close really depends on the stage and speaker setup. most big venue bands are smart enough to have the curved speakers that ensure sound is pointed at those on the floor. but i have been to shows, summer sanitarium at seahawk stadium 2003 comes to mind, where if you were right against the fence you actually couldn't hear very well because the speakers were hung behind you facing away.

stage height will also come in to play. If the touring stage is anything like the launch show stage here http://muse.mu/images,the-2nd-law-launch-shows-london-and-paris_162.htm?photo=4027 then being up front should be fine view wise. luckily there are plenty of shows before ours so you'll be able to get an idea of where the sweet spot to stand is before showing up.

back to back floor for metallica in august made me realize i'm getting old and my knees are junk so i'll be sitting this one out. though i'm hoping my seats in 325 still have a good sight lines of the stage i'm a little worried as the seating map shows it directly to the right of the stage... i passed along my ok seats in sec 116 row 13 for a shot at front row balcony so we'll see if it pays off or not...

Old? OLD? I'm twice your age, in a knee-high ortho boot, and my partner has a prosthetic leg, and we rocked the barrier last week in San Diego. Just sayin...

This production is very different from 2010's: without the towers, the entire performance is much more intimate. And no stiff necks! Plus they play a couple of songs directly for the people behind the stage, nice touch. There is really no "sweet spot" on the barrier, everyone gets a great view. Kinda depends on if you want to be closer to Matthew or Chris, though they both play on both sides at times.

***Anyone going to either/both Alberta shows and Vancouver? There will be a Canadian fan flag started in Alberta, but need a way to get it to Vancouver. Message me if you can bring it to the Vancouver gig; otherwise it will be mailed on to Florida, but folks can sign the flag that was started in San Diego.***

***Anyone going to either/both Alberta shows and Vancouver? There will be a Canadian fan flag started in Alberta, but need a way to get it to Vancouver. Message me if you can bring it to the Vancouver gig; otherwise it will be mailed on to Florida, but folks can sign the flag that was started in San Diego.***

Mary, are you working out the US flag details with Jessica? Just wondered if she was going to try to mail it up here? Let me know if I can help.

Mary, are you working out the US flag details with Jessica? Just wondered if she was going to try to mail it up here? Let me know if I can help.

She's going to express mail it to me in Tacoma, should get there in time for Seattle. Will try to get up there early-ish to get it to you in queue.

Also told Jessica that we can take up a collection to reimburse her for postage, might be pricey to express-mail it. Told Cris we would reimburse her for her expenses for the flag, markers, etc. but it didn't happen in SD, can PayPal her the $ and make that part of the collection. Even if everyone kicks in a dollar, it will add up.

Archived