The Third Single: Follow Me

michael8888

God, why are the worst songs on the album often singles??

(exception being Panic Station, if it is one, cus that song rocks.)

What happened to Stockholm syndrome and New Born style singles?

Well those tracks were still some of the catchiest on the albums, at least New Born. What would have been the alternative? Darkshines?

God, why are the worst songs on the album often singles??

(exception being Panic Station, if it is one, cus that song rocks.)

What happened to Stockholm syndrome and New Born style singles?

Follow Me is a great choice for a single. You may not like it (I think it's up there with the best things Muse have ever done), but the point of a single is to promote the band and the album.

and isn't casual enough for those 5-song musers.

I don't care :erm:

I feel like if Stockholm Syndrome is radio-friendly, Supremacy could be. You are right though, Follow Me is more radio-friendly, so it'll definitely be the next single. Which is so predictable.

I don't care :erm:

I feel like if Stockholm Syndrome is radio-friendly, Supremacy could be. You are right though, Follow Me is more radio-friendly, so it'll definitely be the next single. Which is so predictable.

Who cares if it's predictable? :LOL: Follow Me is the best choice they could have for a single, with Panic Station (which I think will be the 3rd)

Who cares if it's predictable? :LOL: Follow Me is the best choice they could have for a single, with Panic Station (which I think will be the 3rd)

Panic Station should be the next single, then Supremacy. Follow Me is a good song, I just don't really care for it being a single. They should promote the album with better songs. Sorry Fabri.

Panic Station should be the next single, then Supremacy. Follow Me is a good song, I just don't really care for it being a single. They should promote the album with better songs. Sorry Fabri.

Since when the best songs of the album necessarily have to be the singles?

I have a question, though... Why does it really matter to us, post album release, what songs become singles?

We might all agree that Supremacy is the superior song on the album, but it ISN'T radio friendly.

For me, I want whatever song on that album is going to help Muse's sucess the most to become a single. I feel Follow Me has a very good chance at that.

I'm still torn with Panic Station... might be better overseas, but not sure how it would be received in the US.

I can actually see Follow Me fitting in with Top 40 radio.

I think a part of the problem is that a lot of new people will be introduced to Muse with the single, and if it's a song like Follow Me, some people (Muse fans) might not want to get associated with that song.

For instance: I'd much rather have Survival played somewhere than Madness, because I enjoy the rockier and ridiculous side of Muse, and not the poppy one.

I definately see your point, and again, maybe it's just got to do with the vast differences in popularity of the band in different regions.

I would be seriously excited to see people in the US latch on to ANY Muse song. And it really wouldn't change how I felt about it.

I want the band to acheive that level of success in the US... be played on the radio, TV programs, and maybe even tour here more often. :D

I also grew up when everything was synths and pop cheese, and loved it, so I may be naturally more tolerant.

Hell, I survived the Twilight phase... (barely.)

I think a part of the problem is that a lot of new people will be introduced to Muse with the single, and if it's a song like Follow Me, some people (Muse fans) might not want to get associated with that song.

For instance: I'd much rather have Survival played somewhere than Madness, because I enjoy the rockier and ridiculous side of Muse, and not the poppy one.

That's actually much more the problem of the "old fans" than anything else. Muse mostly don't aim their singles to old fans since I'd say BHAR. Think about SMBH, UD and now Madness.

That's obvious because singles address to casual listeners and not to music fans in general.

That's actually much more the problem of the "old fans" than anything else. Muse mostly don't aim their singles to old fans since I'd say BHAR. Think about SMBH, UD and now Madness.

That's obvious because singles address to casual listeners and not to music fans in general.

Yeah I agree it's the logical thing to do for Muse, but I was just describing why I think people are bothered with which song will be the next single :p.

I don't really have a problem with it myself. I'm kind of the only Muse fan in my group of friends anyway so it doesn't really bother me.

Thing is Muse just doesnt get played on mainstream radio.Even their poppiest songs,starlight,wasn't introduced to mainstream radio.I think Muse however hard they try won't get that sort of success.:rolleyes:

I honestly think Follow Me is the single to do that. It'll be huge here in America.

Archived