That's what I'm considering honestly. Muse is my favorite band but I'm not going to go see them if they're just going to play the same shit I saw 3 years ago with the addition of 3-4 new songs. Maybe once every tour but I'm fucking done with the idea of seeing them multiple times on the chance that they'll feel good that night and play something different for a change.

You seem rather agitated, my good man. Might I recommend one of these?:

take-a-chill-pill.jpg

Bliss is like Dead Star for me. It's a bit confusing why they don't play them more often seeing they were moderately successful singles and get the crowd going. I can only assume the band don't like the songs which is justification enough for why they don't play it, but still.

But they HAVE been playing it often, for several years.

But yeah, Citizen Erased has definitely not been played more than Starlight on The Resistance tour, MAYBE throughout their entire career but I'd be willing to bet Starlight has been played more.

No one ever said anything about the resistance tour. You just said it had been played more times than Starlight and I disagreed.

If your point is just about TR tour, then you're missing the point. Them being bored of it stems from the amount of times they've played it since 2001, not 2009...

What makes you think they're trying to be Coldplay? Coldplay nearly always play more than 20 songs at each gig, and usually play at least one old album track that lots of the audience probably don't know. If Muse were 'being like Coldplay' at their shows then I'm pretty sure there would be a lot less complaining around here.

Not really, beacuse Coldplay have played exactly the same setlist at all this year's shows, for example. Other things... their stadium gigs are 1,5 hour long (like Muse's arena set), they have played with Rihanna, etc. etc.

Also, I shall repeat myself:

Not the amount of songs is a problem, it's the duration of the whole gig. Usually, if the band has mostly short songs, they play a lot of them to increase the length of a gig. I mean, if you have 15 songs in the setlist and playing them takes you 2 hours, it's OK.

Simon, have you ever considered running for the presidency? You're an amazing debator :LOL:
Political debates are among the most ignorant things you can get involved in, so no thanks. Especially Swedish politics.

"Why do you think like this?"

"I don't think like that actually, never said I ha-"

"BUT THIS IS WHAT I THINK YOU THINK LIKE, NOW EXPLAIN WHY"

That was great fun and Matt was hilarious! Really dunno what that was all about!

Loved all the new songs live, sounded really good in the flesh. So have been given the opportunity to be there :)

I do hope the tour setlists will be longer, seemed a really short gig. If that's what I'll get for my £65, I'll be very disappointed.

Bliss is like Dead Star for me. It's a bit confusing why they don't play them more often seeing they were moderately successful singles and get the crowd going. I can only assume the band don't like the songs which is justification enough for why they don't play it, but still.

Yeah I'm really wondering about the reluctance to play pretty much anything from pre-2004 apart from PIB and TIRO as well. Is it uncomfortable? In the same way that digging up the past and reading a diary you wrote ten years ago would make you cringe, does singing lyrics you wrote ten years ago have the same effect? Or are they just fed up of the songs?

I'm talking about the whole "they played CE at least 30-40 times during the TR tour."

You said they played it that much throughout the TR tour. I was counting them out.

28 times between 2011 and 2010.

Obviously PiB gets the better reaction

Nothing confusing about it really.

That's what I'm considering honestly. Muse is my favorite band but I'm not going to go see them if they're just going to play the same shit I saw 3 years ago with the addition of 3-4 new songs. Maybe once every tour but I'm fucking done with the idea of seeing them multiple times on the chance that they'll feel good that night and play something different for a change.

This is why you don't go to 2 dates on the same arena tour, you're just not going to get a variation. You might get 1 or 2 differences, nothing major.

If you look at my gig list, my method is to go to one date every arena tour (since Abso) and then always go to the one-offs, festival headlines, stadiums, special event gigs etc...

As a result (and with a bit of dumb luck) the list of Muse songs (B sides aside) that I've not seen (and in most cases, on multiple occasions) is pretty small.

This is of course harder outside of the UK.

Horrible, just horrible.

May they burn in hell.

It's not horrible actually. But imagine reactions here if Muse would play with her (or some other pop star). That was my point. ;)

Not to mention that Matt is a pop star by himself. :ninja:

It's not horrible actually. But imagine reactions here if Muse would play with her (or some other pop star). That was my point. ;)

Not to mention that Matt is a pop star by himself. :ninja:

Well I would hate it because I'm not a fan of Rihanna, but not because she's a pop singer. Wouldn't mind them performing with Pink, Lady Gaga or Adam Lambert for example.

Archived