Citizen Erased has been played loads more than Starlight :erm:

And it was played 10 times in 2011 alone. And that was a slow year for Muse. It was played at least 30-40 times during the TR tour.

Maybe in European stadiums and a few Russian gigs but Citizen Erased was played in New Jersey (on the second half of the American tour in october 2010), that one New Orleans festival, soundchecked at LA Rising, Lollapalooza, Kansas City and Outside Lands.

Then they opened with it while opening for U2.

I am starting to get disheartened with these forums. It seems like 99% complaining with 1% of positivity.

Actually, when the album was released, the board was the most positive I've ever seen it. People are only just beefing now because of the setlist lengths, which is very fair, IMO.

What makes you think they're trying to be Coldplay? Coldplay nearly always play more than 20 songs at each gig, and usually play at least one old album track that lots of the audience probably don't know. If Muse were 'being like Coldplay' at their shows then I'm pretty sure there would be a lot less complaining around here.

I'm referencing Coldplay in the sense that they're pretending to be some "completely radio-friendly Twilight band that churns out only pop-radio hits" rather than a rock band.

Maybe in European stadiums and a few Russian gigs but Citizen Erased was played in New Jersey (on the second half of the American tour in october 2010), that one New Orleans festival, soundchecked at LA Rising, Lollapalooza, Kansas City and Outside Lands.

You're awful at getting your points across. :LOL: What are you trying to say with this? That this was the only times it was played in the past 3 years?

And this is besides the point anyway, it was clear from Muse on the TR tour that they were pretty tired of the song back THEN.

That's my point.

It seems like at this point they could play a setlist of entirely Bsides and the forums would still complain.

I mean, they even found a way to complain about Reading & Leeds...

People just like to complain. It happens. During TR tour it was way worse. Way...way worse.

The setlists don't bother me that much because whenever I see Muse it's an amazing experience and I thoroughly enjoy myself. However, I can see where everybody is coming from.

Radiohead have 8 studio albums and they still managed to have a orientated and differentiated set. They don't have that many casual listeners though, so the hits don't necessarily have to be brought out.

People just like to complain. It happens. During TR tour it was way worse. Way...way worse.

Oh it was, it really was. I anticipate it will be just as bad this tour.

Radiohead have 8 studio albums and they still managed to have a orientated and differentiated set. They don't have that many casual listeners though, so the hits don't necessarily have to be brought out.

Yeah Radiohead have a lot less 'casual' fans to apese, and less 'hits'.

I don't mind them playing the hits. I just don't see why they can't play other stuff TOO. It's not like their set is filled to the top. They're playing bare minimum for even being allowed to call themselves the headliners/main act atm.

Yeah, I'm more of this viewpoint than anything. Obviously I'm not expecting them to close a gig with Showbiz or to play Yes Please, but a couple of rarities never hurt anybody. It's more that people want the hits gone altogether and replaced with rarities that I do have an issue with.

So everyone here us glad that they didn't win tickets now? Whatever your all so pessimistic it makes me sick!!!

I must admit I don't get all of the pessimism tonight. There are times when people need to just accept certain things about Muse :LOL:

Throwing what occasions they played it at us doesn't mean jack - they've played it more times than Starlight. Stats are stats.

I would forgive them almost anything if only they would play for just an extra five minutes and squeeze Bliss into setlists on a regular basis again. It's not like I'm asking to hear Space Dementia again, or freaking Map of Your Head. Just Bliss. Pleeaase.

But they've been playing it foreeeeveeer

Don't bother going to the live shows anymore then if there so awefull

That's what I'm considering honestly. Muse is my favorite band but I'm not going to go see them if they're just going to play the same shit I saw 3 years ago with the addition of 3-4 new songs. Maybe once every tour but I'm fucking done with the idea of seeing them multiple times on the chance that they'll feel good that night and play something different for a change.

I would forgive them almost anything if only they would play for just an extra five minutes and squeeze Bliss into setlists on a regular basis again. It's not like I'm asking to hear Space Dementia again, or freaking Map of Your Head. Just Bliss. Pleeaase.

Bliss is like Dead Star for me. It's a bit confusing why they don't play them more often seeing they were moderately successful singles and get the crowd going. I can only assume the band don't like the songs which is justification enough for why they don't play it, but still.

Archived