"Best Muse Song Ever - Chris Martin"

dougwalters

Ya Hannah loves Wiz Khalifa.

She is more into N.W.A though. She feels like they really sum up here life. She can relate to their message.

:noey: who's N.W.A? :erm:

I have to admit I do like fix you and the bass of paradise but I really don't like his voice and find their music too boring and depressing

Keane and Coldplay falling in love with a cheesy, shitty pop song. Somehow this doesn't strike me as a coincidence.

I wouldn't call Madness cheesy. And (the majority of)Coldplay's music isn't really cheesy either. Emotional and at times overblown, but not really cheesy. I don't think Keane (at least the one album I own, Hope&Fears) is really cheesy either because it has that earnest quality to it.

Obviously it depends on one's interpretation of cheesy, but the widely accepted definition among board members seems to be "any (pop)music that I don't like". I associate with most with being kitch and tacky and syrupy/overly sugary, e.g. massive power chords coupled with that certain "80s"-esque production style. The blow up in Madness in the 3 minute mark in a way does fit that, but considering the subtle progression of the beginning, the restricted production, the breathy, intimate style of Matt's vocals etc Madness mostly stays away from the cheese. imo.

Archived