Madness reviews

Magnolia86

Guest bellamylookalike
Also it's not like they are fascinated with their own albums and songs like we are. I am sure it can easily become a blur after a few years have elapsed.

Definitely.

A few years ago, at my job, I was in charge of researching and "solving" a large financial issue in our company.

After delivering my report, I was asked to present it to an upper management group, and take questions.

I am a confident person, generally, and a decent public speaker.

However, my thoughts tend to be a little chaotic, and sometimes taking questions can be a bit... tricky.

So, while taking questions and doing quite well at it, I was mentally juggling what I should and shouldn't say, being cautious to avoid saying anything that could be taken out of context and used against my division, and to keep my normally large hand gestures from getting outside the "box" of my physical frame.

For some reason, about 1/2 way through, someone asked me to spell my last name (instead of, you know, just reading it on the report...)

I answered this question wrong.

A few years ago, at my job, I was in charge of researching and "solving" a large financial issue in our company.

After delivering my report, I was asked to present it to an upper management group, and take questions.

I am a confident person, generally, and a decent public speaker.

However, my thoughts tend to be a little chaotic, and sometimes taking questions can be a bit... tricky.

So, while taking questions and doing quite well at it, I was mentally juggling what I should and shouldn't say, being cautious to avoid saying anything that could be taken out of context and used against my division, and to keep my normally large hand gestures from getting outside the "box" of my physical frame.

For some reason, about 1/2 way through, someone asked me to spell my last name (instead of, you know, just reading it on the report...)

I answered this question wrong.

I know exactly what you mean. :eek: (OK you have a way more experience than me.)

Sometimes I have massive mental leaps.:LOL: So other person don´t get what I want to say.

There are many things I want to say and in the process of articulating my thoughts, it gets a bit messy. The only thing one can do is attempt to structure ones´s thoughts.

I guess Matt has the same kind of issue.

I know exactly what you mean. :eek: (OK you have a way more experience than me.)

Sometimes I have massive mental leaps.:LOL: So other person don´t get what I want to say.

There are many things I want to say and in the process of articulating my thoughts, it gets a bit messy. The only thing one can do is attempt to stru

cture ones´s thoughts.

I guess Matt has the same kind of issue.

Yes I can also sympathise with this, and Serpent Satellite's post, not so much on public speaking (which would make this comment too long if I went into it - it's long enough already) but I somehow managed to achieve a first class honours in my recent degree with two academic prizes, yet I do stuff like load the dishwasher and forget to put in the dirty dishes from the dining room. I once forgot where the public car park is in my local town even though I park in there all the time, which was scary for a few minutes until I remembered, so I can definitely sympathise with being forgetful.

There's more than one factor that contributes to it I think. One is that stress produces the hormone cortisol which causes forgetfulness. I was definitely very stressed at the time I forgot where the car park was. Of course there is just being naturally scatty or having a disorganised way of thinking, but also there is a tendency to think of the big issues rather than the mundane things, something Matt also mentioned in a recent interview, that he hasn't got much talent for the small things (a translated interview, hence probably isn't word for word - I can't post it as it was in a gossip mag, he was talking about new fatherhood).

But anyway to cut a long story short, it isn't particularly unusual, I don't think, to forget simple details, however obvious they may seem to others.

Archived