I wonder how many people here have only read 1984 because b3llz0r likes it :LOL:

:LOL: actually it is on the A level reading list... And I did try to originally read it when I was 10 or 11 and just getting into Muse, some teacher suggested it at school as they saw some lyrics I was singing or something, hardly read a chapter back then :LOL: It's an amazing book though.

I think if I hadn't read 1984 before The Resistance came out, the album would probably have put me off :LOL:

It is a damn good book though. If more people read it because of Muse then thats no bad thing really.

Even if all the Twilight fangirlys completely miss the point and suddenly become retarded political activists :facepalm:

Yeah but you'd also read anything Bellamy told you to.

Anyway The Resistance is a good album.

I think I'll pass on the laws of thermodynamics.

The Resistance is a grand album but it could have been much better. Just little things like the quaking in MK Ultra and the shortness of the GL solo are two things that come to mind.

Hmmm.... question for p90 owners.

As you all may know, my Spear RD has 2 x P90s. We also know that Matteh has 2 x P90's wired as humbuckers. Cool story. My P90s are spaced much further apart than matteh's, BUT, when i have the pickup toggle switch set to the middle, it seems to really quieten out the gain. On my peavey, I put in a coil-split mod, and it's similar sounding to that. So it's making me wonder, even though the P90s are far apart, is there some sort of hum-cancelling going on in the middle position. If so, and I decide to wire them as a single pickup, I need to figure out what way to do the controls. Not in terms of wiring, I can figure that out, but what controls do I want to have, i.e., 1 Tone, 1 Volume and then what else?

1. It's gay.

2. US is over produced.

3. MK could be so good as a 3 piece track like it is live.

4. The symphony isn't a symphony, it's 3 songs.

5. IBTY should have been a B side.

6. Undisclosed Desires is a shit song and is over rated.

Edit: GUIDING LIGHT IS MUSE'S SECOND SHITTEST SONG.

I hate The Resistance as most of you know' date=' so yeah it wasn't a great selling point.[/quote']

Wait ... I thought you loved it.

Anyway The Resistance is a good album.

The Resistance is a good album. I just listen to it without Resistance, Guiding Light and add in WaTU and it's actually pretty damn good. That playlist keeps growing on me every time I listen to it.

I think I'll pass on the laws of thermodynamics.

:LOL: My thoughts exactly.

Just little things like the quaking in MK Ultra and the shortness of the GL solo are two things that come to mind.

What? The quaking?

1. It's gay.

2. US is over produced.

1. In before the infractions.

2. Also, it sucks.

3. No. No it couldnt be.

4. Lets not get into technicalities on what a symphony is.

5. It should have been killed with fire.

6. This.

In conclusion, I partly agree with you, and then the other part, fuck you I'm spirderman.

1. It's gay.

2. US is over produced.

1. Is it just me or can you say whatever you want in KnT without any consequence. I dare you to say something is gay in banter/MM. Perma'd instantly.

2. Not really.

3. It's great on the album.

4. That is true but it's three good songs so fuck it who cares.

5. It's different but not bad. Good piano piece. Would have been fun live however, Matt can't speak french but I'm not sure if that's something only people who speak french notice.

6. No. Great on the album. Terrible live.

Wait ... I thought you loved it.

since when i hate it omg

1. Is it just me or can you say whatever you want in KnT without any consequence. I dare you to say something is gay in banter/MM. Perma'd instantly.

It's because Niall's not a mod here.

since when i hate it omg

It's because Niall's not a mod here.

Before he/and or James comes (not me, the other James) I'd suggest you delete it because I'd be surprised if you aren't infracted. I'll even remove it from the quote if you want.

Before he/and or James comes (not me, the other James) I'd suggest you delete it because I'd be surprised if you aren't infracted. I'll even remove it from the quote if you want.

Calling an album gay isn't going to get me in trouble. That's like calling Freddie Mercury gay :chuckle:

Anyway I've called loads of things gay here before. And worse stuff than gay.

Christ what has KnT become.

Fuck all the shits, we are in Kit & Tab.

You only get in trouble for voicing an opinion that is incorrect or saying that someone's vocals are shit.

Calling an album gay isn't going to get me in trouble. That's like calling Freddie Mercury gay :chuckle:

It's actually the exact opposite of that. Freddie Mercury WAS gay. An inanimate object cannot have a sexual orientation therefore it is the exact opposite of what you just said.

How do you know The Resistance isn't female though?

If it is, then I take that back.

What's funny is that calling something gay isn't insulting homosexual people at all really, I mean I find homosexuality completely natural, they were born that way, that's who they are.

Calling The Resistance gay could be a massive complement to a gay person (who likes the resistance)

what an awful argument that was.

on a side note, they're going to take away the spiderman thread in banter. :(

On a relevant note, MAYBE the resistance was muse's difficult/experimental/failure album? many musicians have one, and based on what we've heard from 2nd Law so far, I'd be optimistic that 2L is going to shit all over TR, and TR will become the forgotten shit album.

trufax...... i hope.

What's funny is that calling something gay isn't insulting homosexual people at all really, I mean I find homosexuality completely natural, they were born that way, that's who they are.

This is very true. Something that I wish the admins on the site would understand but baby steps. By making such a big hoopla out of the word gay they actually make it worse. They are like everyone else in the world stop trying to segregate it. However, you are using gay in this context as an insult. It is the ace in every teenagers satchel of insults however, it's not tolerated on this site. Whether, that is right I don't want to get into it.

Calling The Resistance gay could be a massive complement to a gay person (who likes the resistance)

This is just stupid. And not like Jamie stupid ... beyond that.

On a relevant note, MAYBE the resistance was muse's difficult/experimental/failure album? many musicians have one, and based on what we've heard from 2nd Law so far, I'd be optimistic that 2L is going to shit all over TR, and TR will become the forgotten shit album.

trufax...... i hope.

Yes this I agree.

I think TR lacked some human touch or something, I'm not sure. Definitely lacked grit, but also it felt like their hearts weren't in it, and I think that's due to Chris not being there for half of it and Dom and Matt worrying/feeling like it was falling apart.

But yeah it felt like it didn't have much effort into the song writing and performance and too much into the production, but it was their first time self producing so who can blame them.

trufax...... i hope.

I still don't think T2L is gonna be amazing. I reckon it'll have a few stand out tracks but apart from that I think they're way past their peak. You could be right about TR but T2L could easily be as big a shambles.

Archived