Signal Path

StandYourGround

I don't think the wah pedal is on his board anymore. Maybe they had something planned with mike skinner at one point :ninja:

And here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1SyBLF_23k

at the beginning of the solo. it sounds more like a volume drop actually, but somehow I don't think he's standing on both the volume and whammy pedal...

so it's either being done by the guitar tech, or it's being done somewhere else (outside of his setup)

I'm pretty sure he got the dunlop wah setup during the BHAR era, and it disappeared not long after that.

I don't know what was used for SFA exactly. FAQ has some info, but that was for the recording

As for the showbiz songs, if you're referring to what he used for the showbiz tour, then I'm pretty sure that was something off the roland pedalboard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXAegFyb9A

2:17. definitely doesn't sound like a normal wah sound

I'm pretty sure he got the dunlop wah setup during the BHAR era, and it disappeared not long after that.

I don't know what was used for SFA exactly. FAQ has some info, but that was for the recording

As for the showbiz songs, if you're referring to what he used for the showbiz tour, then I'm pretty sure that was something off the roland pedalboard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXAegFyb9A

2:17. definitely doesn't sound like a normal wah sound

In later tours he probably got the custom dunlop (since he can afford it :rolleyes:) for those songs. He didn't seem to use many rack effects during the showbiz tour so the roland would have been easier live then.

I actually have an effect on my zoom that makes the exact same sound as @2:17. Its called a resonece pedal on it but its basically a super wide wah.

It was more of "am I right?" kind of thing - seeking conformation of people that know his rig well :)

or we could Tweet Dom? :LOL:

No no no. He has a midi controllololed wah (short for whammy) built into his 10 string that he used to record sober in 1993. I know because I met my local postie man.

You're all wrong. Matt's recorded every album on a kazoo, then runs it through loads of effects to make everything sound like Undisclosed Desires on the new tour.

I KNOW MATT'S GEAR BECAUSE IN MY KINDERGARTEN CLASS THERE WAS A GUY NAMED MATT

A seven string kazoo signed by Morgan freeman.

oh ok

it's this one apparently

http://www.skrydstrup.com/as44.htm

not sure how it works exactly.

That switcher runs dummy loads for each amp channel and the uses relays to switch the amp channel to the output when needed. It's a pretty simple device, there are some basic controls and a MIDI section but the audio path is fairly direct. I'm surprised that he doesn't run a separate cab for each amp and then feed his stage cab with a SS amp feed of the FOH signal. That is certainly what I would do. If I wanted to control the mix of the amps and effects from the stage, I would run a MIDI controllable mixer, like a Yamaha 01V96 on top of the amp. It's actually how I would run a big rig if I could.

JT

Can't believe he's not in stereo. What a waste :L

As for the wah, that was at the very least present on the early resistance tour. That rig rundown video shows it.

Another thing I find confusing is how all his MIDI gear is controlled by the liquid foot controller. To me all the gear must be connected to the loop switcher but is there not only like one MIDI in port on the switcher? Or has the switcher got a MIDI out and all the MIDI stuff gets sent to a computer before the controller?

I only ask because I'm trying to figure out how I'd control my M13 and other gear using a loop switching system.

You could be right - I want you to be - but this easily could have been done in post-production, just panning his channel Left and Right - similar to Micro Cuts on record

Possibly but it seems unlikely. That video was a live stream, so if it would need to be done at the desk in real time if not at his rig and it doesn't sound like a pan pot being thrown left and right. Its much choppier. Like a stereo delay.

Possibly but it seems unlikely. That video was a live stream, so if it would need to be done at the desk in real time if not at his rig and it doesn't sound like a pan pot being thrown left and right. Its much choppier. Like a stereo delay.

It wasn't a live stream I think - It was recorded, then edited for MySpace a month later :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjn1bUF8LF4&feature=context-vrec this was a definitely a live stream, i watched it at the time and the same thing happens at the end of guiding light and during other parts of the gig too. Its obviously an effect as well since he hits the strings again by accident, setting it on another repeat. That is not an fx that would be done in post.

He is definitely in stereo, now I just need to work out how its all connected together.

Archived