Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

Anyone willing to share some mentions of what devices and interfaces they've been using to record this...There's been some brilliantly clear recordings, and I'm wondering about an upgrade if it's not going to break the bank...

Singstar mic (the end is a usb) into Garageband

Mmm, I'm never really keen on my recorded toan. I wanna get a second mic that I can position slightly different to get a fuller sound. Was looking at an AKG 214, but that's require a new sound card with two XLR sockets, as well as my new guitar and pro tools for uni and other general stuff

Yeah I'm looking at getting another mic too, don't know what I'm looking for though :LOL: I recorded so long using DI that I never really checked out mics, luckily my Pa has an SM58

I am getting inspired by DJ Ötzi for this round. Originally i wanted to bring maximum "austrian hütte music/folkdisco/plebcore" but without the sweet vocals of Ötzi it would be meaningless so i had to drop the original concept. But still this is a Muse cover so i have to retain some tastelessness and cheese in response to their latest tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiWmWTuA4Vw

woah Apogee Duet looks ace cakes, shame about the price

Yeah it's really cool, I've got the older model though (the silver one) and got it second hand so luckily didn't have to spend *quite* so much on it. To be honest I was planning on just getting something much cheaper by M Audio but had a bit of spare cash at the time I was looking to buy so thought I'd splash out - very glad that I did though. It sounds great and is incredibly portable and easy to work, only downside is that it doesn't handle MIDI. Plus it looks cool as fuck and matches my Macbook which is what my mother was most impressed with :LOL:

So I think the tones I managed to record range from 'exactly the sort of thing I was after' to 'definitely should have changed the strings first'. Pretty pleased though.

Yeah if you're pleased with it then we know we're all fucked

After this is all finished can we reveal the identities of each entry from each round?

Only pleased with (some of) the toanz. The playing's reassuringly ragged. I honestly have no idea who any of them are by, only suspicions about a couple of them, so I'd be really interested to find out who did what. Also hoping for people to post up what guitars/amps/pedals etc they used.

Only pleased with (some of) the toanz. The playing's reassuringly ragged. I honestly have no idea who any of them are by, only suspicions about a couple of them, so I'd be really interested to find out who did what. Also hoping for people to post up what guitars/amps/pedals etc they used.

Reject

Vox AC30VR

Muff on one part

And some plug ins on my DAW since I don't actually have the pedalols

SM57

:awesome:

I think I know most of the entries to be honest

:LOL: I love US. The middle section sounded fucking massive at Wembley. Blew my ears

Fair enough, don't think they played it at Glastonbury (had to suffer through GL though) but the studio version is terrible lyrics, shite production and about 3 minutes too long. Plus the title's a fucking pun for god's sake.

Fair enough, don't think they played it at Glastonbury (had to suffer through GL though) but the studio version is terrible lyrics, shite production and about 3 minutes too long. Plus the title's a fucking pun for god's sake.

Nah, no US at Glasto, would've been ace though. I mean this was them performing it just a few weeks before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=561mHdw-KRo

bangin

Yep the production's awful.

Awesome middle section live though

And I dont get the pun

Archived