2012.12.18 - Sportspaleis, Antwerp, Belgium

L.

Hi!

I'm searching two tickets (most expensive seating tickets or standing places) for the concert at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp!

I would like to pay the original price. We're not going to exploite eachother, are we?! ;)

So, if for some reason you aren't able to go, then contact me and make me happy! :)

Thank you!

Bye,

Magali.

Last weekend I got an email that there are tickets available for people on the waiting list.

Wow, was I happy I took the time to put myself on the waiting list (which seemed pointless to me atm).

Got myself 4 tickets for the middenhal, which are imo the best places. 59 euros a ticket.

There are still some tickets available... however, they aren't exactly the best places....

http://www.teleticketservice.com/tts/nl/reservation/12_12_18/20_30/muse

Who else got lucky?

Original email (in Dutch)

Beste Muse fan,

U heeft zich ingeschreven op de wachtlijst voor het concert van Muse op 18 december.

Wij hebben goed nieuws, want om productionele redenen zijn er nu terug een aantal tickets beschikbaar.

Daar bovenop wordt de zaal ook uitgebreid waardoor de zitplaatsen achter het podium vrijkomen. Deze plaatsen zijn dichtbij het podium met goed geluid en zicht maar dit voornamelijk op de achterzijde van de band en het podium (rear view).

Betaling kan uitsluitend met creditcard.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Studio Brussels (a Belgian radiostation) is organizing their annual action Music for Life this year during the week that Muse will come to Belgium. This year's "subject" is dementia. A choir of people who have dementia will perform as a kind of "support act" for Muse. They will sing Follow Me.

Here's the video about their action (in Dutch). Really funny and cute in some way if you understand the language:

You've got to be pretty heartless to laugh at a group of demented people singing your song.

Good thing I'm not heartless. I used to work with people with dementia, and my grandmother had it. They actually have a good sense of humor. I just think it's funny. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope there won't be idiots who will yell at them or something.

You've got to be pretty heartless to laugh at a group of demented people singing your song.

You have to admit that the video is a bit funny at some points. The video they've made for MFL is clearly made to give enough attention to dementia but the funny parts have also an important place in the video. I'm pretty sure nobody laughs with the fact that the people do have dementia. The parts that are rather funny in the video are situations that you could get with every "older person", so I don't see the problem. For me they've reached a good balance inbetween promoting their action and keeping it interesting for a wide audience as a commercial (it's already on television).

Good thing I'm not heartless. I used to work with people with dementia, and my grandmother had it. They actually have a good sense of humor. I just think it's funny. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope there won't be idiots who will yell at them or something.

To me it came across as 'lol what a joke' rather than an amused yet loved kind of funny, sorry :chuckle:

You have to admit that the video is a bit funny at some points. The video they've made for MFL is clearly made to give enough attention to dementia but the funny parts have also an important place in the video. I'm pretty sure nobody laughs with the fact that the people do have dementia. The parts that are rather funny in the video are situations that you could get with every "older person", so I don't see the problem. For me they've reached a good balance inbetween promoting their action and keeping it interesting for a wide audience as a commercial (it's already on television).

oh yes the ladies were priceless. I also used to work with people with dementia and I don't think I've had so many laughs as during those afternoons, some were proper witty!

To me it came across as 'lol what a joke' rather than an amused yet loved kind of funny, sorry :chuckle:

oh yes the ladies were priceless. I also used to work with people with dementia and I don't think I've had so many laughs as during those afternoons, some were proper witty!

I would never see it as a joke. More like you say. You can have a lot of fun with them. I'm sure they'll have fun and we will notice that, what will make us having fun and laugh and feel happy.

Actually, now that I write this.... it's the perfect opening act. It will get more response then a lot of support acts I've seen. ;)

Is anyone heading to Brussels after the gig? If there'd be someone going by car, I'd be supergrateful if I could catch a ride. Of course I'd pay for it as well! I just don't want to be stuck in Antwerpen if I miss the train or in central Brussels if I miss the metro and I don't really fancy leaving before the encore.

Archived