The Custom Guitar Thread!

tomrulez

I don't think a thread like this has been done before but forgive me if it has! Virtually everyone on here has mentioned having a custom made at one point or another so I thought it would be a good idea to see what everyone would have done if they could afford one. I'll start!

Ibanez JS Series body shape (Bass wood)

Neck-thru Maple neck with Ebony fretboard - full scallop - 22 frets (no face dots only side dots) (soft V profile, gloss finish)

Gotoh HAPs

Manson MBK2 bridge, GFS Dream 90 neck

Ibanez ZR Trem (with piezo saddles)

One volume for pickups, separate volume for piezo

Two recessed output jacks (Similar to the Ibanez JS Series)

Three-way strat style switch

Push pull on main vol for coil tap (bridge p/u)

Matte black finish to body, all hardware chrome

Sounds interesting - you're liking the MBK-2 then?

I'm not sure if I should post as I'm more than likely going to have this built, but...

mahogany tele-ish style body with rounded edges

lightly flamed maple neck with soft V profile. Clear gloss finish on the back.

chrome finish on body, gloss black on headstock front

22 fret ebony fretboard (compound radius, side dots only, 6105 frets, graphite nut)

bare knuckle nailbomb bridge pickup and mississippi queen neck pickup (chrome covers with black allen bolt pole pieces)

gotoh 510 HAP tuners (chrome finish)

gotoh 510 tune o matic bridge and tail piece (most likely with a solid black finish)

1x volume, 1x tone (with push pull coil split), 3 way toggle pickup selector, 1/4" jack on front

It's loosely based on an existing guitar which I think someone on here owns. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.

Guest Batman.

I'd absolutely love a really good quality acoustic made, that plays decently. Hardly any of the acoustics that I've played have been any good past the 12th fret - one that plays like an electric would be perfect.

I'd absolutely love a really good quality acoustic made, that plays decently. Hardly any of the acoustics that I've played have been any good past the 12th fret - one that plays like an electric would be perfect.

check out the Anderson crowdster

Guest Batman.
check out the Anderson crowdster

Oooh looks nice, however there seems to be a distinct lack of a sound hole :LOL: What sort of a difference does that make? Never tried an acoustic without one.

I guess along the lines of a Tele Plus, but different pickups (Bareknuckle Warpig?) and maybe a sustainer in the neck rather than a pickup?

Not put much thought into it, but I guess a Tele meant for huge amounts of distortion and fuck all else.

Well the only guitars I want are a Fender Jaguar and a 60/70's Gibson SG. :p

:yesey:

Nice topic idea, tomexclamationpoint!

My ideal custom: maybe the BiLT Relevator:

StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=3442C90C-C708-4994-A78B-DF6325694EF4&Image_Type=image

Jazzmaster body shape with all the standard features and the addition of a Strat middle pickup.

Oh, and inbuilt fuzz and delay :awesome:

If it has to be a Manson, I'd get something similar in an E shape.

Other than that, maybe a nice boutique relic Jazzmaster or Jaguar like the Danocaster I put in the General Gear & Tab thread.

I would probably opt to build one myself, but if I were going for a custom I'd probably have a nice Fender Custom Shop something or other. Most likely either a Jag or a Strat.

If it were a Jag I'd go for an Epiphone P90 in the bridge and probably a Fender single coil in the neck. Maybe 3 tone sunburst or a really deep blue.

And if it were a Strat then I would probably go for SSS (all Fender), perhaps a moderately aged white finish.

Nooooooo idea really, so this was a great post.

Enjoy.

I would probably opt to build one myself, but if I were going for a custom I'd probably have a nice Fender Custom Shop something or other. Most likely either a Jag or a Strat.

If it were a Jag I'd go for an Epiphone P90 in the bridge and probably a Fender single coil in the neck. Maybe 3 tone sunburst or a really deep blue.

And if it were a Strat then I would probably go for SSS (all Fender), perhaps a moderately aged white finish.

Nooooooo idea really, so this was a great post.

Enjoy.

And if it were a Manson? ;)

Why would a custom guitar have to be a Manson?

I don't think anyone said it had to

I recall you were considering piledrivers for the tele you have now. Decided against those? I really like them though...they're a lot louder, but they do lose a bit of that tele sound.

I don't think anyone said it had to

I recall you were considering piledrivers for the tele you have now. Decided against those? I really like them though...they're a lot louder, but they do lose a bit of that tele sound.

That would have been 6/7 years ago! :LOL:

Just never got around to it and then joining a garage blues/punk band, pickups like that wouldn't have been quite right. I'd like a 4-way switch though.

If it were a Manson I would have them make it all spiky and shit, then drill some holes in it, cover it in aluminium, put my pedal board inside, relic it oh so slightly, then have it finished off with the very finest Encore neck.

Goth from the 60s?

I want a 6 string bass with the shape and style of a ricky but with a sustainer instead of a neck pickup, an active EQ but just the bass boost control on the front (the rest inside) and i've always wanted to try a built in delay with tap tempo button on the front. Should be pretty standard!

I guess along the lines of a Tele Plus, but different pickups (Bareknuckle Warpig?) and maybe a sustainer in the neck rather than a pickup?

Not put much thought into it, but I guess a Tele meant for huge amounts of distortion and fuck all else.

I'd like something like this... I might mod my squier like that, or put a piledriver set in it...

Right, well...people have seen my ideas I imagine over the past few months. I've had a few Jazzmaster mockups. In the end I've come up with a compromise between them

Jazzmaster shape

Mahogany body and natural finish

f20101212175620-fender-elvis-costello-jazzmaster.jpg

Black anodized pickguard like on the Lee Ronaldo

Sonic-Youth-JazzMaster.jpg

Not sure about pickup choices, but I imagine a humbucker and p90 set, maybe single coil sustainer squeezed in like on 007

Ebony/dyed rosewood board, no inlays

Not sure what shape headstock

Archived