Guitar/Bass Technique Thread

brian KEEEEM

If you can already tremolo pick, does it decrease your learning curve? Or is the technique for tremolo picking chords completely different? Yeah, the whole arm aches after a while ;) I know it's a question asked by every newbie to guitar or a guitar technique, but how long am I looking at to be able to do it properly? I can already tremolo pick, and have been playing for about 10-11 months

If you can already tremolo pick, does it decrease your learning curve? Or is the technique for tremolo picking chords completely different? Yeah, the whole arm aches after a while ;) I know it's a question asked by every newbie to guitar or a guitar technique, but how long am I looking at to be able to do it properly? I can already tremolo pick, and have been playing for about 10-11 months

I'd say its totally different. When i tremelo pick i like to anchor my arm on the body of the guitar, then my wrist anchors on the bridge and that works best for me when picking single strings. But when your tremelo picking chords i like to anchor my arm the same, but you have to keep your wrist and fingers floating above the strings.

It's one thing i've never worked on much actually. It reminds me of when you first start playing guitar, and you try and pick strings with your hand just floating (before you realise that you can pick much more accurately with your hand/pinky anchored down)

That makes sense now after watching a few live vids of Showbiz to try and see how Matt does it (really wish it would make a grand reappearance on the setlists) I've got the basic technique down, but it seems like it's going to take a while to get to the speed I want. I was working on a cover of Showbiz as its one of my favorite's, both to listen to and play, seeing as I can't tremolo chords, I tried tremolo picking both octaves seperately, and overdubbing yhem, but it just didnt sound right, do here I am, sitting on my bed, yelling at my wrist to go faster -.-

Archived