james90

honestly, the length of it doesn't matter, it's just a guideline. Even if it was 2cm, it would suffice.

2 centimeters?

Oh right...

9425.jpg

I'll get the picture soon, what's the best way to photograph it? I have a tripod and all of that, but you said something about putting it against the wall?

omfg we had that picture printed out at A1 on the door to our architecture studio since 1st year :LOL:

You pretty much nailed the shots on those 2, so either of those. Maybe one like the 1st one for both (so we can compare the shapes lol) It's probably easier to lay them on the carpet than prop them up against the wall cos of their stupidly awkward unusually unique shape.

is this what you want?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/BlackHolesAndRevelations/miscguitarstuff/IMG_1581.jpg

i have a feeling i screwed something up with the picture, as the first mark on the ruler was right at the top of the wang part... but it looks lower than that in the picture

that is perfection in itself.

tomorrow, the modelling begins :D

edit:

james didn't you (or possibly hooglebug) use a really unusual bridge in something recenlty?

Edited by Neil.

I was going to wait until you were back, seeing as you were probably busy fanboi'ing over some band!

packaging video was an epic fail, not sure if I should post it :$

BUT, MFC express gets an A+ from me anyway. bubble wrap was of high quality (I counted about 3 different types), and a generous amount was used throughout (including OUTSIDE of the box!). wangcaster arrived in one piece without any form of erectile dysfunction. Highly recommended, can't go wrong, very good for the money.

I was going to wait until you were back, seeing as you were probably busy fanboi'ing over some band!

packaging video was an epic fail, not sure if I should post it :$

BUT, MFC express gets an A+ from me anyway. bubble wrap was of high quality (I counted about 3 different types), and a generous amount was used throughout (including OUTSIDE of the box!). wangcaster arrived in one piece without any form of erectile dysfunction. Highly recommended, can't go wrong, very good for the money.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I put it round the outside because I was worried the box would rip :facepalm: It tok 3 boxes to find one that fitted as well

And I was fanboying over a few bands :$ Namely Green Day, ahghggh I was suddenly 8 years old doing air guitar to Brain Stew. And Foos, but they go without saying.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I put it round the outside because I was worried the box would rip :facepalm: It tok 3 boxes to find one that fitted as well

And I was fanboying over a few bands :$ Namely Green Day, ahghggh I was suddenly 8 years old doing air guitar to Brain Stew. And Foos, but they go without saying.

But how did you see green day when...

neilarmstrong.jpg

I take it Dave Grohl didn't play his Manson? Seems like he's only used it at 2 or 3 gigs

OH and also, it's interesting how this guitar has this weird ringing noise on some notes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNdiNsOlqaQ

I always thought that was an effect, but I guess not. it's much more subtle on mine - probably because of the weaker neck pickup

for some reason the last one I had didn't do it at all

But how did you see green day when...

neilarmstrong.jpg

I take it Dave Grohl didn't play his Manson? Seems like he's only used it at 2 or 3 gigs

OH and also, it's interesting how this guitar has this weird ringing noise on some notes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNdiNsOlqaQ

I always thought that was an effect, but I guess not. it's much more subtle on mine - probably because of the weaker neck pickup

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Dave didn't, no. :( But the show was awesome so I dont care!

oh yeah, it sounds like a piano twinkling or something, pretty cool. Wacky guitars, anyway. Got character!

Are you sure? I think when I heard them play Agitated with that guitar I thought, "Yep, that sounds like the weak pickup alright..." :LOL:

Are you sure? I think when I heard them play Agitated with that guitar I thought, "Yep, that sounds like the weak pickup alright..." :LOL:

Well it's not the same pickup anyway - about :20 in the video above, you can see his had a SD hot rails in the neck. certainly higher output than the stock single coil anyway

On a side note, the volume pot in mine was doing that same clicking thing...not sure if I actually need to replace it, as it stopped with a bit of abuse. still a bit noisy though.

I have some nice CTS 1% tolerance 500k pots (which cost $12 each :facepalm: ) but I don't think this guitar is worthy of them!

yeh I just need to get some sheets to drape over the shit to make it look more tidy, then maybe chuck some stuff on the walls. It's hard to describe from pictures, but before there was a layer of caked dust, probably 1 or 2mm thick on absolutely everything. It was horrible. The room hadn't been cleaned in probably 20 years and used to be used as a pottery studio. I was using a shitty old mixer, cables everywhere etc. Now I have my mackie set up with better cables, got rid of most of the dust, put carpets in and a settee etc...

It's so much nicer now. I realise no-one here gives a shit but I'm well chuffed

ugh dat floor!!

Yeh I just had to bin a couple of cables, the rest is fine. Most of the water was soaked up by some books which are stored in there while my bro's in Australia. I haven't had the balls to tell him yet.

is the q-tron any good? it seems like it was designed by the mutron guy so it should be good.

ugh dat floor!!

Yeh I just had to bin a couple of cables, the rest is fine. Most of the water was soaked up by some books which are stored in there while my bro's in Australia. I haven't had the balls to tell him yet.

aaww... :( in hindsight, i wish it all got destroyed.

aaww... :( in hindsight, i wish it all got destroyed.

Well in the process of tidying up, I did actually find some spare electrical parts. I could post them to you for free if you fancy not making some more pedals? And I found an encore neck if you want to not build any guitars?