"Knights of Cydonia" trumpets

Jazzthief

Did you like the trumpets in "Knights of Cydonia" live and do you want them back  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the trumpets in "Knights of Cydonia" live and do you want them back

• I liked them, but don't want them back
    • I liked them and want them back
    • Didn't like them
    • Don't care

During the Black Holes & Revelations Tour they had trumpets in "Knights of Cydonia". They also had them in the album version but not as prominent.

I always thought that they sounded very cool in the live performances and was saddened to see them removed from the Resistance Tour's version of "Knights...".

I personally would like them to return in the next tour, so I'm putting up a poll to see how many other Musers liked them and would like to seem them return.

Well they only actually used trumpets live for a handful of shows; a couple on the BH&R arena tour (I was at one where they did in Manchester), Jools Holland, the 2007 stadium gigs and a few in Mexico/South America in 2008.

99% of performances of it are without trumpet :).

Well they only actually used trumpets live for a handful of shows; a couple on the BH&R arena tour (I was at one where they did in Manchester), Jools Holland, the 2007 stadium gigs and a few in Mexico/South America in 2008.

99% of performances of it are without trumpet :).

Hmm... I thought that every performance had them 'cause all of the performances I've seen had them. But they still were awesome and should return, but that's of-course just my opinion :).

If they did bring back Dan the Trupmet Man it might inspire City of Delusion.

I'm all for it.

I would love that. I also think it would be cool if they just let Morgan learn trumper(For KoC and CoD) and learn the clarinet as well(for IBTY, if they brought it back that is) Synthed band instruments seem lame live to me, since I play the clarinet. I can play the CoD solo on clarinet, since it's in the same key, so I love it even more.

Archived