So I was on the Betty Crocker website the other day when I came across this video to make a guitar cake. Being the Muse fan that I am I decided the only logical idea was to make it into one of Matt's custom guitars... So I chose the Glitterati. :D

Please excuse some of the mistakes. I finished it at 10:30 - 11pm on Saturday and I have been sick for the past few days. Also my piping bag broke while I was doing the strings. :(

I'm planning on doing another one for my birthday and then one of Chris' bass guitars for a friends birthday. :D

Any questions or suggestions don't hesitate to speak your mind.

Constructive criticism welcome. :)

BTW I sent this pages link to Matthew and Muse's twitter accounts in the vain hope that one of the band might see it. :D

P.S Yes I did notice I only did 5 strings... This was my first attempt. I will keep practicing.

I'll be making a cake version of Chris' Fender Jazz bass within the next few days so wish me luck. I will post pictures as soon as possible.

Here is a picture of the bass...

http://www.musewiki.org/File:Maplebass.jpg

100_2593.thumb.JPG.91f86b9fbf89e9e70d525fa90be47046.JPG

100_2594.thumb.JPG.0f79838fda1487a51abf7bb276e65032.JPG

100_2596.thumb.JPG.fb8c83a3d6c4e79c6a2955cc361f1939.JPG

Yeah I knew that would be an issue. Like I said my piping back broke but I wanted to try different ways of doing it. Next time I'm going to make a thicker neck and use a different icing mix. I'm going to try to do it during the day rather than at like 11 pm.

Yeah I knew that would be an issue. Like I said my piping back broke but I wanted to try different ways of doing it. Next time I'm going to make a thicker neck and use a different icing mix. I'm going to try to do it during the day rather than at like 11 pm.

Hey, awesome work! And I know how hard it is to get the icing mix right, in the middle of the night! You did well with the red colouring as well, it can be difficult to get right (did Lightning McQueen last year for mini-Muser 2 last year). I am impressed!

To mini Muser-1 It is a pretty awesome cake to have for a birthday.

To CreamyPeaches thank you :D

And finally to Parida I'm sorry for starting something...

Actually no I'm not cause Muse are awesome and edible Muse cakes... Genius! :p

Wow that's amazing!

I've been saying I'll do album cover cupcakes for a while now but never get round to it :rolleyes:

Oh and once I made a Matt gingerbread man but forgot to take a picture :( But seriously that guitar is brilliant, I'd never have the patience to do that, especially not in the middle of the night!

I'm looking for suggestions about which one of Chris' bass guitars I should do for my friend's birthday.

I will be posting pictures of any new cakes I make but suggestions would be appreciated.

W-O-W!!:awesome: You made that cake!?It's awesome!

I found some pics of my favourite Chris' bass guitars:

20l08xx.jpg

1gk36s.png

242eo03.png

I coudn't find better pics of those.I hope this cake will be great a your previous one:happy:

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

All these cakes are so cool!! I wish my friends/family would make me a Muse cake for my birthday :( .

Any questions or suggestions don't hesitate to speak your mind.

Constructive criticism welcome. :)

I can't really tell what you're using for glitter, but if you're not using edible glitter, I suggest you go and find some ASAP. Glitterati's not Glitterati without glitter, and it would add to the :awesome:ness

W-O-W!!:awesome: You made that cake!?It's awesome!

I found some pics of my favourite Chris' bass guitars:

20l08xx.jpg

1gk36s.png

242eo03.png

I coudn't find better pics of those.I hope this cake will be great a your previous one:happy:

The second would be :awesome: (It's my favourite bass :p)

:

I can't really tell what you're using for glitter, but if you're not using edible glitter, I suggest you go and find some ASAP. Glitterati's not Glitterati without glitter, and it would add to the :awesome:ness

I used Raspberry jelly crystals for the glitter effect. It didn't work as well as I hoped but I didn't get the chance to find pwoper edible glitter.

The next time I do a Glitterati cake it will be with pwoper glitter. XD

• 5 weeks later...

So I'm posting this anyway even though I think it is terrible. I did say I was going to so I will.

Please feel free to hunt me down and kill me for doing such a shocking job. I feel sad that I did it so horribly so I won't blame you. If you do kill me make it quick and before my major exams please. :D

Anyway I am getting away from myself. This cake is based on one of Chris' Fender Jazz basses used in the BH&R era. It is called the maple bass. There is a link to the original in my first post. So enjoy... If you can handle the epic fail of it.

Blame sleep deprivation, that's what I do. :p

IMG_1023.thumb.jpg.dcff69ceed072eaa671e3e2629df77ee.jpg

IMG_1024.thumb.jpg.52b2c3c0d230a102a9a4bd1fe1c0f865.jpg

IMG_1025.thumb.jpg.9fe188576ddc109da66acb172859a5c2.jpg

IMG_1027.thumb.jpg.3364ad613f8161c5c60787445241fe04.jpg

Archived