Plymouth Uni Secret Gig?

Tiffpietiff

Ah it is fake after all. What an idiot. Anyway, who puts the name of it in full on capitals, even more a giveaway.

Dee3Dee why so negative all the time? Seriously..

Exactly my thoughts after reading your post where you said you believed it.

All kidding aside, am I being negative just because I pointed out the obvious?

The fact of the matter is, no matter how "secret" this gig would have been, it would have been announced on this website with some special way only of getting tickets (winning them, for example). How else would anyone have known that they were playing a gig in Plymouth and be able to attend the gig? This gig was obviously a lie, and it took you way too long to figure it out.

Ah it is fake after all. What an idiot. Anyway, who puts the name of it in full on capitals, even more a giveaway.

Dee3Dee why so negative all the time? Seriously..

The part in bold is just hilarious from someone who just hours ago said he thought it was real :LOL:

Exactly my thoughts after reading your post where you said you believed it.

All kidding aside, am I being negative just because I pointed out the obvious?

The fact of the matter is, no matter how "secret" this gig would have been, it would have been announced on this website with some special way only of getting tickets (winning them, for example). How else would anyone have known that they were playing a gig in Plymouth and be able to attend the gig? This gig was obviously a lie, and it took you way too long to figure it out.

Actually there have been plenty of examples of huge acts/bands playing completely secret gigs in small venues and not announce it to their fans.

Not too long ago, Kylie Minogue played a small pub in Wiltshire which was kept completely secret, Pete Dogherty has done a few low key ones recently in small village pubs and there's a pub/shop in Marlborough that often has fairly large bands doing secret/low key acoustic gigs... I think Muse even did one in Devises prior to their Absolution tour.

Although playing a university would be big news.

Actually there have been plenty of examples of huge acts/bands playing completely secret gigs in small venues.

Not too long ago, Kylie Minogue played a small pub in Wiltshire which was kept completely secret, Pete Dogherty has done a few low key ones recently in small village pubs and there's a pub/shop in Marlborough that often has fairly large bands doing secret/low key acoustic gigs... I think Muse even did one in Devises prior to their Absolution tour.

Although playing a university would be big news.

Exactly. It's not COMPLETELY unheard of, though I doubt that the news wouldn't have hit the forum eventually.

Biffy played a mini, acoustic set ahead of a relatively unheard-of grunge American group called Sunny Day Real Estate at the HMV Forum last year. Everyone around us, including me and my mates, was completely shocked and confused to see three hairy Scots on stage :LOL:! It def seemed to be a secret, random appearance. We even rang up one of my mate's mate who's a HUGE Biffy fan (the equivalent of me with Muse, lol) and he was proper pissed cos he had no clue... and he's on their forum 24/7!

It does happen, but this rumour was just poorly done :chuckle:. And word would have def spread if it's at a uni. Aaand, Musers have special powers... we just know things ahead of everyone, haha :p.

It definitley happened, I was there. It rawked.

Setlist:

Guiding Light

I Belong to You

Feeling Good

Guiding Light

Soldier's Poem

Unintended

Exogenesis Pt. 4

Feeling Good

Invincible

Guiding Light

Falling Down