Hey I just found this forum... Good idea... Looks like a nice contingent of Bostonians here!

I'm a relatively recent Muse addict but I've got it bad now.... I picked up Absolution in November and was blown away so I picked up Showbiz and it was just more of the same. Nary a skip worthy song amongst them. Figuring they couldn't top those 2 albums I shelled out the $28 for Origin of Symmetry and was like holy crap this is amazing. I've worn out that album and have listened to Newborn at least 40 times and still find something different to enjoy in it each listen. They've quickly risen to my top 5 and possibly top 2 fav bands....

Sucks that they hit up Boston just before I started getting into them. Come back guys!

(By the way I just saw Fighting Gravity last night at Harpers Ferry. It's a good show if you ever get the chance to see em.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just got Muse tickets to go to the Atlanta gig. This is a smallish venue so maybe used to try out new songs. WOOHOOO!!! One suggestion that i have to everyone that bought or is going to buy tickets is to go on a Non-muse diet. No Muse for 1 month! I've tried this before for Powderfinger (Aussie band) and it betters the experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, this thread never used to fall so low. :(

How's everyone?

I'm FINALLY going to see Muse on April 8th, I'm way beyond excited. I've been waiting two years for this. :ohmy:

OHHH STEPH!!! That's so great- you deserved one way earlier, but now will be fine. Have an amazing time (as if you somehow wouldn't) and tell us all about it! I'll be living through everyone else since I'm in England during this tour (irony of all ironies, eh?). :D

Ah wicked, a thread for us dirty Americans. :D

So I see there are kids here from Massachusetts? Where abouts?

I currently go to school on the east coast at UMass Dartmouth, in North Dartmouth. Though I live on the west coast, Chicopee, by UMass Amherst... Where Muse will conveniently be playing in a little while.

Anyone planning on attending a campus invasion tour with Muse?

OHHH STEPH!!! That's so great- you deserved one way earlier, but now will be fine. Have an amazing time (as if you somehow wouldn't) and tell us all about it! I'll be living through everyone else since I'm in England during this tour (irony of all ironies, eh?). :D

God, really! But you'll have a blast also, will you still be seeing those sexy Swedish boys?

And yeah, I'm excited beyond words. Two (actual, non local) shows in less than a month is a real miracle for me.

Hey Guys!

I am from Arizona! Saw Muse when they came...they are unreal live! I am so jealous of all of you who are going to see them in the coming months! Tell them to come back to Arizona! We loved them when they came! We even had people waiting outside to meet them afterwards. They are super nice! Have fun!

Cheers

God, really! But you'll have a blast also, will you still be seeing those sexy Swedish boys?

And yeah, I'm excited beyond words. Two (actual, non local) shows in less than a month is a real miracle for me.

Hehe, oh yes, the Swedish goodness is still part of the plan. I'm just going to love watching the kids I'm with- half of them have never been to a show and more than half of them have never even heard of the Hives. Should be very fun.

• 1 month later...

well the one that i went to was in providence. I though the show was amazing!!! their show is always amazing. the 2 new songs i heard i thought were great and they should put it on their new album. I finally heard Space Dementia and that really surprise the hell out of me!! I never thought i was going to hear that song. I thought razorlight was good too. they played a new song and it was good to hear some of the songs i knew. the only thing i seriously hated were the security guards!! they were total jersks. the band saw that. Matt got their attention when they we done with a song and told them,"Hey get out the fucking way! People cant see us perform!!" when he told them off, everyone was cheering because it was true! Well, that's all i have to say about it. Can't wait to see them again...well when they come back with their new album.

Thanks! I especially wanted to hear about that one, because it's the one I would have gone to if it were possible. Ohh, Space Dementia! I haven't seen that one a setlist in ages. Good to know they're not repeating themselves to death. Damn security. I would suck at that job because I'd be facing the wrong way and seriously rocking out. Glad to hear it was fun. :)

yeah it was fun :D !! i would have taken pictures but a security guard was right in front of me so i couldn't do anything. they were really strict when it came to taking photos. before the show started, someone asked if it was ok if they took pictures without flash and they said it was ok. as soon the show started, people were taking pictues and they were making them to stop. when i saw that i was like, "what the hell...you told them that it was ok!" o well.

Archived