Damn, I just noticed the primary contributors to this thread are all from Massachusetts. Thank you for kicking the Yankees' asses for us (Twins). I'll be rooting for you in the series.

Of course, the curse would still be in full effect if we made it to the NLCS but that's a whole different message board. :cool:

What the hell am I talking about... I hate baseball.

Awww, too bad he's got another show tonight. Clearly he needs lots of citrus and sleep. I couldn't believe how stunning he was despite his cold; not to mention friendly (we happened to run into him after the show :happy: ).

I'd say it was no problem too, but my motivation for wanting the Rex Sox to win has nothing to do with baseball and everything to do with wanting a day off school.

cool you got to meet him too. he was doing a signing after the boston show, but since i've already met him twice, decided to leave him alone this time.

(oh, and i noticed the song under your username... didn't that sound so pretty when he sang it?)

i'm generally not a big sports fan, but it's hard not to get caught up in the baseball drama here, so i've started to feel involved. would you really get a day off school?? no day off work, but i think there should be a holiday if they win the series, heh.

Yeah, but I felt really guilty about bothering him because he was so sick. However, being the charmer he is, he didn't mind at all. I think Alana might have scared him though...(*winks in Lana's direction*)

Oh it was so beautiful, especially a capella! Of course now it's killing me that it's not on the web or anything.

Well, it wouldn't be official, but I know already that my brother would go to Boston for the parade, as would 75% of kids at my school, including most teachers, so I'd just sleep in and enjoy myself (assuming they win it on a weekday). There probably will be a holiday if they win though; people are that fanatical.

'lo all... thought I'd check in on the love muse neighborhood.

good to know muse'll be back in town... got my tix for nov 12th... draggin' my lil sis along. hope all is well with everyone.

btw... GOOOOOO SOOOOOOXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!! (ah... gotta love those idiots)

bah... I've been poppin' headache pills by the dozen this past week... but it's all good. I'm gettin' a buzz, at least ;)

I've been so outta the loop. actually turned the radio on at work and some chick called in about not getting into some free show the last time "they" were here and I thought... it couldn't be MUSE they're talking about, could it? I mean, surely this radio station does more than one free show, right? so I got online and there it is... our boys playing 15 minutes from my house. I'm not fond of Clutch Cargo's... practically have to bring your birth certificate and a promisary note for your firstborn to get in (or was that just for the darkness?). I also don't dig their selection of alcoholic beverages... whaddya mean no amstel light??????? and you have to drink from a plastic cup cuz they don't trust you with a glass bottle. grr.

but it's muse and it's all good! and if I can believe the news on this site, it's not the exit opening for them in MI... YESSSSSS!

and how are things in YOUR neck of the woods (besides the obvious... red sox rawkin' and all)

hi everyone!

i just wanted to share my joy about going to their gig in Boston. Yaaahhoooooo! i'm absolutely thrilled about it. My boyfriend agreed to go with me without checking out who they actually are, and he has absolutely no idea what kind of band is it - he never heard of them! But it should be the blast, and now, when i finally got my tickets i saw that the show was sold out!!! The FNX radio station gives some of tickets away and there are some more on ebay for 80$. i guess I was lucky to order them just in time. :cool:

btw, is it the secret machines that open the show in Boston?

Hello, memories, anyone? 15£peryr and mr.jingles. :)

memories, anyone? 15£peryr, Secret Machines aren't opening for Muse unfortunately. They were going to, but then Chris broke his wrist; they didn't know how long it'd take for it to heal at first, so TSM ended up touring with Interpol (which is still an awsome show by the way) instead.

Aw, Pete, that sucks! At least you're seeing them today though. I think they're much better live this time around.

That, rocks, Jen! Well, not so much about the lack of decent alcohol and unusual allowance policies, but you'll still have fun. Are you going with Stephanie (Idealist Stephanie)?

I'm alright. Still on a Sondre high, bless him. Muse is next week (yay!) which is great because I am so busy with school and work that I'm about ready to freak out. I'm trying to find someone to see Razorlight with me, but so far, no takers. :(

I'll go see razorlight with you. I wish.

regarding stephanie, I think I'll have to give her a call. dunno if she'd wanna crash at my place where I'm right down the road and she's a good hour drive away. that'd be cool... haven't seen her since our muse/chicago trip. ms idealist... where are you???

I'm beginning to wonder if zuton will not be opening for muse now. did anyone read on nme.com that they had to cancel the rest of their uk tour because the drummer came down with a viral infection? dunno if they'll want the dude coming all the way over to the States like that. :-/

Aww, I'd go see Razorlight. I got their CD yesterday. :D I'm glad they decided to release it here, I didn't want to have to import it.

And, that's awful about not getting to see Interpol for free, Pete. I'd pay quite a hefty sum if the opportunity came up, though. In some Interpol related news, I may be dressing as Carlos for Halloween. Well, either him or a Hive. I'll look like either. :) I was aiming for Alex Kapranos in the This Fire video, but orange ties are surprisingly hard to come by.

Aww, I love the Zutons! They're like the Coral, but... not. Ah well, I suppose they can't be everyone's cup of joe.

At the last minute i got lucky and found tickets for the free Interpol/Kimmel taping. So if you watched the performance I was the second person right in front of Paul. Even my sister was on the tele singing along. :D

And list night they were great. Now i actually have a plan of attack to somehow sneak into the pit area for the Muse show since they're playing the same venue. I just have to wait over a month :(

I LOVE The Coral! I saw that they were nominated for the shortlist and it made me smile and bust out "Skeleton Key." :happy:

Woah, Steph, that's awesome! I thought about being Carlos too! I have the complexion, body type, and hair color, but I think my hair's too long to manipulate in such a fashion. :(

Again we need the magical transporter so that Jen and Steph can accompany me to Razorlight. *sigh*

At the last minute i got lucky and found tickets for the free Interpol/Kimmel taping. So if you watched the performance I was the second person right in front of Paul. Even my sister was on the tele singing along. :D

Cool! When is that episode airing?

Um... well.. you see.. there's a reason they call the show Jimmy Kimmel "Live" ;)

Oh dear. I apologize for this complete lapse of anything resembling electronic connections in my brain. It's finally caught up with me that I'm running on 12 hours of sleep total for the week. :(

Archived