So do I! Nightfreak is great, contrary to what I've heard from a lot of reviewers.

Haha. Well, I'm a bit darker than Carlos (even you are, Katie =P) but the only tie color I could find was white. I'm considering buying some orange fabric and just making my own tie, though. And for the hair, i was thinking just a bun. My hair is pretty long, too, though. =/

And, Pete, I saw that! But I watched it before I knew you were on, so I didn't look or anything. But Paul was wearing his hat again which made me very happy. I love that hat. :)

I was aiming for Alex Kapranos in the This Fire video, but orange ties are surprisingly hard to come by.

Hahaha! I was going to do that too Steph, though I admit, only for the cape :rolleyes: I decided on MC P Pants from Aquatine Hunger Force :p

Yikes.

It's been a while since I've been here, I'm not even going to try and get all caught up, but another tour brings me back here.

Crazy that it's already time to see Muse again (Boston show for me). Crazier how many people are getting into this band now. I'm going with a group of people bigger than I went with to the last two Muse shows combined!

Who else is heading to the Boston show on Friday?

I am! :D I can't wait. I just read a review of Muse preceeding their performance in Boston, I cringed with every sentence, it was terrible in all respects.

Also, guess who's going to be Alex Kapranos after all cos it's the only costume I can come up with in an hour :rolleyes:

I get to see Muse on the 27th! I might have missed them the first time they came to St. Louis (thanks to not finding out about it until the day afterwards), but I get to see them their second time in St. Louis! And it's about time.

I'm excited!

I can't wait for this weekend!

Fourthisto (n00b on here) and I are meeting up from opposite sides of Ohio and driving up to Detroit on Friday to see you know who, and then Chicago on Saturday! Then in a few weeks we're going to Columbus! Muse OD! (Best OD ever.)

On an unrelated note, I'm completely broke! :LOL:

This my costume:

tetris2.jpg

A little too approproate...

Heheh! :D

Aww, Lana, I didn't do the cape. Just the tie, which I grew quite fond of, and the whole black ensemble. Almost no one knew who I was. Haha, oh well.

In Muse news, they are apparently playing a show for a local radio station, and the show is three hours closer, BUT all the other bands suck, it's a full day festival, and their set can't be expected to be longer than forty five minutes. Still, I'll probably end up going for 45 minutes of heaven, and my friend will accompany me because New Found Glory are playing. :rolleyes:

Ewww New Found Glory...but hey, multi-band settings are a plus because the bands that aren't playing are usually running about; prime snatching territory. (And remember, Dom indirectly knows you!) ;)

Oh Steph, you must've looked so cool! I was JEM and it was AMAZING. I had the craziest outfit you've ever seen. I'll scan a picture of it when I get the film back if I think there's any chance you'll talk to me after you've seen it.

I just have to wait over a month :(

don't want to wait a month? then come to boston on friday! hehe.

so now that muse are soon descending upon us, they're popping up in the local press again. i was reading one blurb that ended with this: "music that is now actually worthy of a radiohead comparison"

it would be nice if that comparison would finally retire.

it would also be nice if our current president would retire, but unfortunately we're stuck with him for longer.

I agree wholeheartedly with that final statement.

I saw a very brief mention of them in the Globe (right beside a lovely John Lennon article) . It basically said that they were playing on Friday, and that they sounded like Radiohead (GRRRRR). :indiff:

Something tells me that Muse will have some things to say on the matter of the election.

I certainly do. What gets me is that this time he actually won the popular vote. I'm so disappointed, I can't even express it. And embarrassed, too. I don't know if it's stubborn Christian values or idiotic excessive patriotism that got this man re-elected, but I can't stand it either way.

I know...I really don't see how he won the popular vote, but then, politics is not my forte. Oh and don't forget fear of the unknown. Honestly, Bush's commercial's slogan on TV this past week has seriously been, "Why take a risk?" :rolleyes:

I certainly do. What gets me is that this time he actually won the popular vote. I'm so disappointed, I can't even express it. And embarrassed, too. I don't know if it's stubborn Christian values or idiotic excessive patriotism that got this man re-elected, but I can't stand it either way.

hello,from the florida of 2004, ohio. it remains to be seen that bush won the popular vote...not every ballot was counted. in cincinnati, in the four minutes after i turned in my ballot, i witnessed 4 african americans being told they weren't on the roster, or their address was 1 number off or their name was 1 letter off..they had to vote provisionally. i blame the republican lawyer challengers responsible for those ballots...i blame the republican made machines that counted the ballots and of course, the psycho rightwing christians from the sticks and suburban sprawl areas who believe that unborn fetuses are more valuable than 100,000 infants, women, and other civilians blown to bits in iraq. please register and vote when you're old enough.

hello,from the florida of 2004, ohio. it remains to be seen that bush won the popular vote...not every ballot was counted. in cincinnati, in the four minutes after i turned in my ballot, i witnessed 4 african americans being told they weren't on the roster, or their address was 1 number off or their name was 1 letter off..they had to vote provisionally. i blame the republican lawyer challengers responsible for those ballots...i blame the republican made machines that counted the ballots and of course, the psycho rightwing christians from the sticks and suburban sprawl areas who believe that unborn fetuses are more valuable than 100,000 infants, women, and other civilians blown to bits in iraq. please register and vote when you're old enough.

I definitely will. One of the most disappointing things about the election is the fact that what... 17% of 18-24 year olds actually voted? Those votes might've cost Kerry the election. :indiff:

I definitely will. One of the most disappointing things about the election is the fact that what... 17% of 18-24 year olds actually voted? Those votes might've cost Kerry the election. :indiff:

I'm sure they did. Younger people are much more often than not liberal. Unfortunately, much more often than not, younger people are also idiots. How can they think not voting is cool or that voting doesn't matter? I'd do anything to be able to vote- but I can't! :mad:

I'm sure they did. Younger people are much more often than not liberal. Unfortunately, much more often than not, younger people are also idiots. How can they think not voting is cool or that voting doesn't matter? I'd do anything to be able to vote- but I can't! :mad:

There's only one way they'd care. If they brought back the draft.

There's only one way they'd care. If they brought back the draft.

That's very true- which is scary. It shouldn't have to be this way. Personally, as a woman, I don't like the idea of a man telling me what I can and cannot to do my body and when. It just boggles my mind that people think issues like these don't involve them.

Archived