Who cares if Deadstar is supposed to be anit american. Actually, I don't know of any song Muse has done that has ever had a strictly politcal bent. Muse are not a politcal band. Deadstar is a great song. I can't blame people for wanting ot hear it.

Second, if people are just getting into Muse, how is that a big deal either? I've been a fan of the band for six years, but I don't care if people are just getting into them and don't know all the songs. I just think it's great they like them and are willing to come out to a Muse show knowing that they won't know all their songs. It shows they're willing to give them a shot, and after seeing Muse live, any casual fan is bound to be converted to a raving die hard fan. I can't imagine someone going to a Muse show and not trying to find out everything they can about hte band afterwards.

DOn't look at it so negatively. As long as people were nice, polite, and respectful of you and the band, who gives a fuck if they're a "newbie" or an "old timer." It's about the music you know.

I agree completely. There also are very very few people that can claim to never have been a newbie to a band, seriously are all the concerts you attend of bands that you've been dying to see for a number of years?

If someone is just getting into Muse, i commend them. It's certainly not a strike against their musical taste or, since Muse tends to be very obscure, their awareness of the music scene. Discriminating against "newbies" is just ridiculous and pretentious.

I think it should be noted to all of us Floridian Muse fans that have been stuck in "Muse limbo" or had to drive 8 hours to see them in Atlanta twice. (Which I definitely don't regret doing btw, two of the greatest days of my life.)

We have been granted our wish.

Muse, in Orlando

25 minutes away, I am so there!

Yes driving the 6 hours to Atlanta was well worth it for 4 songs.

I'm excited about the Orlando date. Hope we get at least one more here.

I was expecting one in Tampa since thats what Matt told us when they were in Atlanta for Curiosa.

I wish it was at another venue besides HOB. Too uptight there.

MUM! Welcome back! :D

Erm...not much. The usual complaining about Muse's injury-prone members and how if affects our tours...Curiosa...etc. Are you going to any of the shows this fall?

Thought I'd mention I saw the new "Hysteria" video on Fuse the other day and it is infinately better than the concept version.

(BTW Lana, your avatars get better and better! *pfhwoar*)

Well, for all of you Floridians like me. There is some incredible news on the site. They just announced another Florida date, so now there is going to be a show in Tampa on November 30th and the show in Orlando at the House of Blues on December 2nd. I will be attending both, because I'm a greedy bastard, and wouldn't miss either show for the world.

So for all you other Florida people, maybe we can setup a pre-Muse show get together for one show or the other, or both.

Anyway, this is loverly news to pass on and I can't wait.

Yay! Finally an Ohio date announced. I had actually given up hope, figured seeing em at Curiosa was all I'd get.

Funnily enough, the friend that screwed me over at the curiosa date was the one who told me about the new Ohio date. He's also trying to make it up to me for his screwup at Curiosa by using his job connections-- He works at a local newspaper and often does interviews-- Over the last week he's interviewed Oderus from Gwar and Jordan Knight (As in the one from new kids on the block.

:LOL: ). I'll let you all figure out what he's trying to plan from there. ;)

Out of curiosity, though, is Ohio the only one who's having muse as a Low Dough Show? Tickets to the ohio date are only $5, which is good because I'm broke, but bad because I'm scared of the newport being so close to a college campus. The last concert I went to there, there were drunken fratboys who literally smelled of pee hanging all over me, and people starting mosh pits near the bar. :'(

Any word on supports? Ive seen some for other dates, (So far I've come across the zutons and secret machines) but I wasn't sure if that's for all dates or just the ones I found. In my rushed look, I also could've sworn the secret machines site said they're in North Carolina the night they're supposed to be in Boston, so I'm totally confused. :confused:

Any word on supports? Ive seen some for other dates, (So far I've come across the zutons and secret machines) but I wasn't sure if that's for all dates or just the ones I found. In my rushed look, I also could've sworn the secret machines site said they're in North Carolina the night they're supposed to be in Boston, so I'm totally confused. :confused:

It's definitely not Secret Machines. They're touring with Interpol.

for new york we got the zutons...i only know 2 songs from them.

I hope we get someone else...I'm not really a fan. Why can't Muse ever tour with a UK band that's on the brink of popularity and are actually talented? I wouldn't mind seeing The Cooper Temple Clause or Razorlight open, and it'd certainly help them get exposure. I'm sure lots of people do like the Zutons, but sensibly, they aren't bent on breaking the US market like the other two bands are.

Not to interrupt conversation, but noticing the list of states represented on this board, I figured Minnesota should be represented as well. I'm really looking forward to November 15th, have been ever since the show at First Avenue (of Purple Rain fame) was announced. Especially considering the fact that the Muse boys haven't been here since their tour with RHCP and Foo Fighters.

I noticed some of you have some sort of inside scoop as to who's opening for Muse on the specific dates of the tour, but I haven't heard anything for this show... any idea who's opening for them in Mpls?

It's good to finally get some Minnesota representation. :)

Unfortunately I don't know who's opening for them there...I still don't know who's opening for Boston earlier. I'm clinging to the insane hope that Razorlight could do it since they're there with Jimmy Eat World on the 6th for no reason.

No worries on my previous question. Apparrently it's The Zutons who are opening for them. I checked out their website... and... well... I'm not too sure about them yet. Kind of a Modest Mouse meets The Dandy Warhols meets the Strokes sort of thing only not quite as good as any of them.

Oh well, I guess that will make Muse seem better??? :unsure:

By the way, nice avatar. Amelie is one of my all time faves.

Archived