Take That's Progress album gets many comparisons with Muse (various reviews)

LTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVM3-pRX5I&feature=player_embedded#!

The lyrics could have been written by Mr Bellamy himself.

That's true, but what subsequently throws me off is that there's too many lyrics. Bellamy's verses usually consist of three or four short lines that he drags out until they're unrecognisable, with lot's of MMMMM in-between. :chuckle:

In my opinion,

the marching sounds like Apocalypse Please and the bass is kinda like in Uprising, when he said "Mirror Mirror on the Wall" I really thought it sounded like Gorillaz's Feel Good Inc. :stunned: so I think it's a mix of uprising and a.p.

Ah I can hear that. Like the soft part in the middle that goes, "Windmill, windmill..." :happy:

I really like Kidz in general actually, it's a choon.

When I heard (I think it's called) 'The Flood' or something on the radio, I instantly thought "Hmm this sounds like Muse" maybe they're trying to piggyback off the success Muse are having by attempting to sound like them.

Or maybe they were just inspired by Muse.

This doesn't really sound like Muse to me and while the lyrics touch on some of Bellamy's favourite themes it's stylistically very different.

I'm surprised that Barlow's a Muse fan. Until a few years ago he hasn't been the greatest songwriter (too many schmalzy ballads) yet he listens to great music. I would have thought it would have influenced him a bit. But maybe it has if so many of you think this sounds Musey.

In my opinion,

the marching sounds like Apocalypse Please and the bass is kinda like in Uprising, when he said "Mirror Mirror on the Wall" I really thought it sounded like Gorillaz's Feel Good Inc. :stunned: so I think it's a mix of uprising and a.p.

Though I think it's a good song, I haven't heard any songs from Take That (haven't heard about them lol)... I kinda liked it a bit.

Exactly what I thought. The marching is very AP and I can get the Uprising vibe. It was the first Muse song I connected with it, followed by AP. I can hear Feel Good Inc in it aswell, the "windmill" bit that Lee mentioned.

Oh, and Kidz is awesome.

Archived