Yes, demand does matter. If enough hype is created about anything then average musicians/clothes/jewellry ...whatever can sell at over-inflated prices.

I don't think the popularity of Muse is down to hype so much as genuinely good music though, which explains why I'm prepared to keep buying tickets to see them when I don't feel the need to buy tickets to see other acts that I like listening to but don't think are worth £70 a ticket.

But if they're famous because people find their music good, the ticket prices are still set because of the popularity. That the music is the reason for the popularity doesn't mean that the music sets the price.

Which Gaga so kindly proves to us, since you and so many others think her music is bad, but she's still popular and has high ticket prices.

Just like I'm sure that there are loads of bands out there that you find good but that still charge way less.

Didn't Muse charge something ridiculous like $140 aus dollars (which is something like £90 is this website is telling me truth) They can only get away with that because the fool is willing to pay

Yes, and the excuse for that is that the production is so huge and costs a lot to move there.

Which is kind of ironic since the large production was supposed to give people something worth the money.

Yes, and the excuse for that is that the production is so huge and costs a lot to move there.

Which is kind of ironic since the large production was supposed to give people something worth the money.

And because people are foolish enough to still get tickets at those prices they will do it again next time, seeing as they already went from blender --> towers --> pyramid :noey:

*assuming the pyramid took more effort to build than the towers.

But if they're famous because people find their music good, the ticket prices are still set because of the popularity. That the music is the reason for the popularity doesn't mean that the music sets the price.

Which Gaga so kindly proves to us, since you and so many others think her music is bad, but she's still popular and has high ticket prices.

Just like I'm sure that there are loads of bands out there that you find good but that still charge way less.

I didn't say her music was bad! I have it on my ipod, it's good for jogging to, although I got a bit bored and changed to Rihanna and Jessie J.....I just don't think it's good enough to pay that much to see live :p

I already said, I agree that hype can do loads. Advertising and marketing people can work wonders in making people 'need' stuff and queue desparately to get whatever the latest hyped thing is.

Once, I heard a new song by Gaga on the radio but I didn't know it was her. I thought it was some crappy Eurovision entry. I heard it a few more times and realised it was Gaga (Edge of Glory) and it grew on me, still not sure how much I was sucked in by hype and how much I actually like the music :unsure:

I know with Muse that I never like them for hype reasons though :happy:

Didn't Muse charge something ridiculous like $140 aus dollars (which is something like £90 is this website is telling me truth) They can only get away with that because the fool is willing to pay

Those of use who went to Leeds/Reading last year pretty much paid £90 just to see Muse :unsure:

Concerning the prices, I reckon it also depends on how much money the venues themselves ask artists to pay. But from what I can tell, Lady Gaga at Stade de france is much more expensive than Muse two years ago. Just as I had to pay more for Radiohaed at Bercy than Muse at the same venue. So far, I have no reason to complain about the prices to see use at least in France.

My point is that in my opinion to decide if a price is really expensive or not, you have to look at the usual prices for that venue.

I didn't say her music was bad! I have it on my ipod, it's good for jogging to, although I got a bit bored and changed to Rihanna and Jessie J.....I just don't think it's good enough to pay that much to see live :p

I already said, I agree that hype can do loads. Advertising and marketing people can work wonders in making people 'need' stuff and queue desparately to get whatever the latest hyped thing is.

Once, I heard a new song by Gaga on the radio but I didn't know it was her. I thought it was some crappy Eurovision entry. I heard it a few more times and realised it was Gaga (Edge of Glory) and it grew on me, still not sure how much I was sucked in by hype and how much I actually like the music :unsure:

I know with Muse that I never like them for hype reasons though :happy:

Those of use who went to Leeds/Reading last year pretty much paid £90 just to see Muse :unsure:

All of this is nice and such, but it's quite irrelevant to the point. The quality of the music is still irrelevant to ticket prices.

Simply because there is no such thing as objectively good music.

But on the other hand, the quality of the music for YOU is relevant to however you think the prices are worth it or not, But that's a whole different matter.

And I am also not talking about hype, dunno why you even brought it up.

Aye and you're the first to tell Muse suck for not having any rotation :p
Although I'm very sure both me and Dee have said several times that the lack of rotation would be more okay if they actually played long sets with production that makes it hard to change things up.

Aye and you're the first to tell Muse suck for not having any rotation :p

The difference being that Gaga is a pop act by nature. Planned shows/static setlists are to be expected because of the dance routines etc. Muse on the other hand are, supposedly, a rock act and as such they should be able to rotate more songs/make changes on a whim.

All of this is nice and such, but it's quite irrelevant to the point. The quality of the music is still irrelevant to ticket prices.

Simply because there is no such thing as objectively good music.

But on the other hand, the quality of the music for YOU is relevant to however you think the prices are worth it or not, But that's a whole different matter.

And I am also not talking about hype, dunno why you even brought it up.

The point is that Muse are better than Gaga and Rihanna even if they play less songs and if you pay £50 to see Muse rather than £70 to see the others, you are getting good value for money, comparatively speaking.

The point is that Muse are better than Gaga and Rihanna even if they play less songs and if you pay £50 to see Muse rather than £70 to see the others, you are getting good value for money, comparatively speaking.

Subjectively speaking*

:LOL::happy:

Or see muse and fuck a Lynda :awesome:

Although I'm very sure both me and Dee have said several times that the lack of rotation would be more okay if they actually played long sets with production that makes it hard to change things up.

Hmm no, Dee is about to say that Muse is a rockband and should therefor mix things up.. :shifty:

The difference being that Gaga is a pop act by nature. Planned shows/static setlists are to be expected because of the dance routines etc. Muse on the other hand are, supposedly, a rock act and as such they should be able to rotate more songs/make changes on a whim.

oh look he did :awesome:

Are you going to see Gaga or Rihanna or any band who charges £70 a ticket?

Also, my point helps put into perspective the argument that people are saying Muse are charging too much for tickets.

Uhm, Muse have charged over £70 on several occasions.

But no, I would not.

But what are you not getting? Gaga plays longer sets and has a bigger production, therefore a higher price is to be expected. Your counter argument to this is that the quality of the music matters too, which it doesn't because you can't possibly judge quality of music objectively. And if you think the quality of the music is being judged when the ticket prices are set, then you are wrong.

Hmm no, Dee is about to say that Muse is a rockband and should therefor mix things up.. :shifty:

oh look he did :awesome:

I still agree with Sippe though. If excuses like "the towers are restricting setlists" and "I lost my pedal" were actually true it would be a different situation. And if they played longer sets, of course.