Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

:LOL:

surprisingly not (at least from the 70s)

sometimes the bands or at least the lead singers ended up in prison for 1-2 days after a gig and sometimes there were some "police brutality" against the audiences but generally they let rock music and even some anarchist punk going on because the leaders tought that if the kids can rebel through music then there won't be a big revolution against the system.

surprisingly i would say that the hungarian music peaked at that time, it all went downhill since, now it's somewhere under the frogs ass.

There were a band called LGT which was heard by the Rolling Stones' manager at that time and the guy thought that they could be his new moneymaking hit band and he wanted to send them on a tour accross the USA and started to organise it but the comrades wouldn't let the band to stay for longer times in the USA. (they started to fuck with passports, the band would have gone to prison if they returned from the USA etc.)

Nevertheless there were some fine ass recordings from that time, not always too original cos the kids wanted sounds from the West and Coca Cola.:LOL: (it could sound interesting for an american but coca cola was like the symbol of freedom here)

Fun times.:awesome:

God, I love the Soviets :LOL:

:D

Yeah, I believe he said he gets them elsewhere and then sends them to BKP - but I can't remember.

Sure, £2099 with case (excluding VAT)

He asks for 20% up front, so I've sent that - will pay the rest in a few months when it's finished. He told me yesterday that it takes that long because he still has the job at Mansons as well, but I'm looking forward to it!

Also, he mentioned this metallic finish that changes from red to orange/gold depending on the angle...that would've been amazing, but worth £500? I went with the standard metallic orange, which should look great. It probably won't be identical to that strat in the pictures, but I sent him that to base it off of.

I somehow missed that post! Bloody bargain and I cannot wait to see it!

I somehow missed that post! Bloody bargain and I cannot wait to see it!

Yeah, I'll definitely post pics - besides the AF, this is my first custom. He actually had the body cut out already from about a year back, but just a very rough shape. The bridge is going to take a while to get (it's the same one as yours), but the guitar won't be done by then anyway.

Yeah, I'll definitely post pics - besides the AF, this is my first custom. He actually had the body cut out already from about a year back, but just a very rough shape. The bridge is going to take a while to get (it's the same one as yours), but the guitar won't be done by then anyway.

Tim does such a good job of everything (though I'm preaching to the converted here I know!) what's the turn around time estimate?

Tim does such a good job of everything (though I'm preaching to the converted here I know!) what's the turn around time estimate?

I think he said about five months, maybe less - it's because he still has the job at Mansons and does this on the side really.

That's still not bad going! Gives time to save anyway ;)

Not at all - seeing as the MB-1 took almost twice as long to be built. I've only sent £450 as the deposit though, but that's some out of the way. he said he'd send pics during the build, so i'll post those when I get them!

Not at all - seeing as the MB-1 took almost twice as long to be built. I've only sent £450 as the deposit though, but that's some out of the way. he said he'd send pics during the build, so i'll post those when I get them!

I look forward to seeing those, in build pics are awesome!

How arousing is my new signature by the way?

I look forward to seeing those, in build pics are awesome!

How arousing is my new signature by the way?

very!

And yeah, I'm not sure when he's going to start, but it's fun watching some planks of wood turn into a guitar :awesome:

44631_103013036425641_100001508349757_25987_3844156_n.jpg

The finish ended up quite different to that, it's almost got this purple shade to it.

very!

And yeah, I'm not sure when he's going to start, but it's fun watching some planks of wood turn into a guitar :awesome:

44631_103013036425641_100001508349757_25987_3844156_n.jpg

The finish ended up quite different to that, it's almost got this purple shade to it.

I'm not sure I've seen you post a pic of starkaster since you took delivery of it?

I have, and I'm sure you've seen it before??

body_angle.jpg

I'm going to try to make the clips of it today - the bridge pickup is a tad dark, but the neck.... :eek:

It's awesome looking guitar never mind anything else, I even like the pearloid binding on it now too :)

Cool hope you manage it, I've been longing to hear that neck pickup sound..

Even if I had teh monies, I don't think I would've gotten a DL-1...

I'd never played the MB-1 before I got it, but I'd be really reluctant to buy a guitar like that without even seeing what the final thing will look like. I really loved the proto, wonder if they'd be willing to sell it at some point? Surely they'll make a new proto that looks like what the actual guitar they're selling will...:LOL:

Even if I had teh monies, I don't think I would've gotten a DL-1...

You said you'd join us on the second run :(

its the humbucker in place of the p-90 thats throwing me off. also the shape looks different, but it might be the angle the picture is taken at?

that's the prototype - the production ones will have a soapbar P90 in the neck like the original.

there definitely seems to be a difference with the horn though.

Hey im still selling my manson mb-1. its finally on ebay. please tell people if u know of anyone who might be interested.

heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200543996958&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I would love to. But neither I nor anyone I know has almost 4,000 dollars to spend. That is a sexy guitar though my friend.

I most likely will, I just didn't want to go first because there are no pictures of what it really looks like. Once you get yours I'll know whether it's worth another $6k ;)

Jim, are you a gigolo? ;)

Where on earth are you getting those sums of money from at 16!? :LOL:

Archived