Best Muse songs to fill an hour at a party

jackparker

Ok, so this is the situation:

A Party

Lasts 6 hours

each hour one band is allowed to be played only

muse is the second last one

what muse songs should i play? For example what should i open with and close etc. and which shouldn't i play.

did i mention that all 6 bands being played are rock bands?

HELP!

exactly

so what songs?

if i were to fill 6 hours i might just play everything from start to finish (+ b sides), and then start on the live bootlegs and put creep somewhere in the middle :)

What's the crowd going to be like? I know you said all the bands were rock, but who's going to be there? Mostly guys? Mostly girls? Equal mix of both? What are they like?

Ok, sensible answer.

A few suggestions would be (in no particular order):

Plug In Baby

Hyper Music

Stockholm Syndrome

New Born

Map of the Problematique

City of Delusion

Assassin

Dark Shines

MK Ultra

Uprising

Muscle Museum

Bliss

Time is Running Out

The Small Print

The Groove

Sunburn

Supermassive Black Hole

In Your World

Knights of Cydonia

That's probably over an hour's worth.

Kick off with Hyper Music and end with Knights.

Ok, sensible answer.

Plug In Baby

Hyper Music

Stockholm Syndrome

New Born

Map of the Problematique

City of Delusion

Assassin

Dark Shines

MK Ultra

Uprising

Muscle Museum

Bliss

Time is Running Out

The Small Print

The Groove

Sunburn

Supermassive Black Hole

In Your World

Knights of Cydonia

Sorry but...Darkshines and Hyper Music in particular is NOT party material x)

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. Muse in general just isn't party material. It's just awful when someone at a party decides that his/her favorite band would be a good idea to put on, and before you know it everyone is starting to feel awkward and wonders what the hell is going on. :LOL:

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. Muse in general just isn't party material. It's just awful when someone at a party decides that his/her favorite band would be a good idea to put on, and before you know it everyone is starting to feel awkward and wonders what the hell is going on. :LOL:

But it's been agreed in advance so everyone knows what to expect. Still a bit of an odd idea.

Still don't see what's wrong with Hyper Music - it's not the cheeriest lyrically but who's going to listen closely to the lyrics at a party? And Darkshines has a good bassline.

But it's been agreed in advance so everyone knows what to expect. Still a bit of an odd idea.

Still don't see what's wrong with Hyper Music - it's not the cheeriest lyrically but who's going to listen closely to the lyrics at a party? And Darkshines has a good bassline.

Who is going to listen closely to the bassline at a party? The things that will be heard is the vocals, guitar and the chorus. I can't imagine anyone enjoying Darkshines at a party tbh.

Ok, sensible answer.

Plug In Baby

Hyper Music

Stockholm Syndrome

New Born

Map of the Problematique

City of Delusion

Assassin

Dark Shines

MK Ultra

Uprising

Muscle Museum

Bliss

Time is Running Out

The Small Print

The Groove

Sunburn

Supermassive Black Hole

In Your World

Knights of Cydonia

:LOL:i love how long it took to actually get a helpful answer

Looking at the other bands, I can see why these choices would work. But if there is going to be friends like mine at this party (who really don't enjoy rock songs that they've never heard) then I would add:

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

Easily

Feeling Good

because I guess they are more, i don't know, easy to listen to for the first time? :erm:

Just a suggestion

Looking at the other bands, I can see why these choices would work. But if there is going to be friends like mine at this party (who really don't enjoy rock songs that they've never heard) then I would add:

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

Easily

Feeling Good

because I guess they are more, i don't know, easy to listen to for the first time? :erm:

Just a suggestion

Those are a lot better tbh. Uprising too.

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

Easily

Feeling Good

Just a suggestion

I did bear in mind the other bands when putting together my list. No-one's going to want to hear AC/DC and Guns and Roses followed by CTMEOY :p

Who is going to listen closely to the bassline at a party? The things that will be heard is the vocals, guitar and the chorus. I can't imagine anyone enjoying Darkshines at a party tbh.

Well it depends on the stereo system at the party but I'd say basslines are important. Maybe Darkshines isn't the best choice but I stand by Hyper Music :phu:

So, let's see your list.

Archived