Best Muse songs to fill an hour at a party

jackparker

I'm going to assume that this party is really chill, and not like a dance party or anything. I'm assuming it's going to be a lot of sitting around.

Time Is Running Out

Sing for Absolution

Falling Away With You

Hysteria

Starlight

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of the Problematique

Knights of Cydonia

Neutron Star Collision

New Born

Bliss

Plug In Baby

Darkshines

Feeling Good

Uprising

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

Unnatural Selection

MK Ultra

Glorious

The Groove

That's more than an hour, so add/remove whatever.

I'm going to assume that this party is really chill, and not like a dance party or anything. I'm assuming it's going to be a lot of sitting around.

Time Is Running Out

Sing for Absolution

Falling Away With You

Hysteria

Starlight

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of the Problematique

Knights of Cydonia

Neutron Star Collision

New Born

Bliss

Plug In Baby

Darkshines

Feeling Good

Uprising

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

Unnatural Selection

MK Ultra

Glorious

The Groove

Neutron Star Collision? :eek:

Party music? That's a tricky one. Lots of variables: venue; guests; vibe. What would work for a house party with a bunch of like-minded friends nattering on the sofa is not likely to work for a larger bouncier gathering in a more public place...

What's the music got to do? Is it background music, or stuff to dance/mosh to? Do you want upbeat stuff or chilling out stuff? Decisions, decisions...

*goes away to have a think*

Yet you'd strangle someone for playing it at a party. Hmm.

I love Micro Cuts too...

It's not the song that's the problem, it's the fact that someone actually thinks that people wants to hear songs like that at a party, or they just don't care. People wants to have a good time, and depressing music is not a good choice.

But, considering what the other people are going to play, you should take songs with as little falsetto as possible, and no whiney guitar. But still not the poppiest songs, since the people like rock.

Easily

Uprising

MoTP

Unnatural Selection

The Groove(a lot of people will probably lose their patience at the intro though :p)

Exo-Politics usually goes quite well with non musers actually

Party music? That's a tricky one. Lots of variables: venue; guests; vibe. What would work for a house party with a bunch of like-minded friends nattering on the sofa is not likely to work for a larger bouncier gathering in a more public place...

What's the music got to do? Is it background music, or stuff to dance/mosh to? Do you want upbeat stuff or chilling out stuff? Decisions, decisions...

I'd say based on the choice of other bands, it's not going to be that chilled out.

Time Is Running Out

Sing for Absolution

Falling Away With You

Hysteria

Starlight

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of the Problematique

Knights of Cydonia

Neutron Star Collision

New Born

Bliss

Plug In Baby

Darkshines

Feeling Good

Uprising

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

Unnatural Selection

MK Ultra

Glorious

The Groove

seeing as it's my party, i would take away:

NSC

Darkshines

and i would add Exo Politics, and when we are in a slow part, i would play Exogenesis 1,2,3 and Blackout

kind of background music in a hall like room (think edinburgh corn exchange :p ) and there will be like a stage with the music, tables scattered around the hall with food n drink and a "grooving, dancing etc," setion

Archived