MK Ultra

The Small Print

Fillip

The Groove

Crying Shame

Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

Knights of Cydonia (Radio Edit)

Frankly, Muse aren't a party band. I wouldn't dream of playing them at a party. You want Radio 1 Friday Night Floor Fillers, on now! :Dhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqcb/episodes/2010

Well, if someone would put on Darkshines at a party when I was there, I would probably strangle that person. :happy:

My friend (who only likes probably 10 songs) named that as one of her faves and when I was making a "party" mix told me to put it on. My reaction: :LOL: "oh, you're serious?" :stunned: "yaaaaNO, not putting it on there" :chuckle:

But, considering what the other people are going to play, you should take songs with as little falsetto as possible, and no whiney guitar. But still not the poppiest songs, since the people like rock.

Easily

Uprising

MoTP

Unnatural Selection

The Groove(a lot of people will probably lose their patience at the intro though :p)

Exo-Politics usually goes quite well with non musers actually

My brother really likes Exo-Politics, and he's a top 40 kind of guy (:chuckle:) but he also enjoys

Endlessly

ToaDA

:wtf: random ass songs

You Fucking Motherfucker

:awesome: that would be fun.... on loop for an hour

seeing as it's my party, i would take away:

NSC

Darkshines

and i would add Exo Politics, and when we are in a slow part, i would play Exogenesis 1,2,3 and Blackout

WHAT KIND OF PARTY IS THIS?

speaking of which, I was at a party where they played SMBH and it didn't really work... then again it was kinda completely random in context. (all rap/rnb... then Muse? What?)

All the parties I've been to don't really have quiet moments unless you step outside or something. :p

i reckon:

Map of the problematique

Uprising

Undisclosed

Assasin

Plug in Baby

Bliss

MK Ultra

Starlight

Sober (it's a party... a song about alcohol seems fitting :LOL:)

Crying Shame

Dead Star (not sure about this one)

Glorious

Cave

Pretty much fastish songs that make people's heads nod... or the more mainstream within-the-comfort-zone ones.

Nishe

Forced In

Execution Commentary

Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)

Feeling Good

Guiding Light

Prague

You Fucking Motherfucker

Add in Hyper Chondriac Music and you have yourself a set! Seriously though, this party sounds kind of fail. Why not just set up an itunes playlist and let others choose through the night? If you're completely sold on it though, I would keep it along these lines...

Supermassive Black Hole

Uprising

I Belong to You

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

Undisclosed Desires

Easily

Time is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Endlessly

Feeling Good

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

House of the Rising Sun

Hysteria

Knights of Cydonia

People will recognize the popular singles, others will appreciate the covers to break up a non-fan's reaction to Bellamy's falsetto whine fest, and the poppy and synthy tracks will go down well for it being, you know, a party. You're welcome!

(and I still think this party is a bad idea)

Archived