Presents for Muse?

DaMyooze

I was just wondering how exactly does one go about getting gifts to Muse, without actually seeing them?

I went to the Honda Center last Thursday, and I brought along two gifts - a framed portrait drawing of them, and a T-shirt for Matt with a design that I photoshopped and ironed on. I wrote a personal note on the back of the portrait. At the security check, they told me I would not be able to give it to them personally, but one of the security guards said that she could take it and definitely get it to them. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about, and said that they get gifts to them like that all the time and it is not uncommon. So I had no other option than to give it to her.

Do you think that it actually got to them? I have no way of knowing... I was hoping they'd post a twitter or something about it, but nothing yet. I just wish I had some way of knowing that it got to them okay. I'm afraid of the possibility that someone might have just tossed it aside and they left it behind or something.

picture1uem.png

I was just wondering how exactly does one go about getting gifts to Muse, without actually seeing them?

I went to the Honda Center last Thursday, and I brought along two gifts - a framed portrait drawing of them, and a T-shirt for Matt with a design that I photoshopped and ironed on. I wrote a personal note on the back of the portrait. At the security check, they told me I would not be able to give it to them personally, but one of the security guards said that she could take it and definitely get it to them. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about, and said that they get gifts to them like that all the time and it is not uncommon. So I had no other option than to give it to her.

Do you think that it actually got to them? I have no way of knowing... I was hoping they'd post a twitter or something about it, but nothing yet. I just wish I had some way of knowing that it got to them okay. I'm afraid of the possibility that someone might have just tossed it aside and they left it behind or something.

picture1uem.png

Wow the picture is awesome!! I don't think she put something like this into the bin. You could wait until Chris is tweeting next time and ask him then? :)

Wow the picture is awesome!! I don't think she put something like this into the bin. You could wait until Chris is tweeting next time and ask him then? :)

Aw thank you :happy: It took me quite a while to draw. How do you ask... just post a reply on twitter? and he'll actually respond?

picture1uem.png

Wouw awesome picture,years ago I made A drawing Of Matt and I send it too an adress that was on a muse cd or in a magazine,don,t remember anymore,send lots of gifts,but never got any response back,when Muse played at Pinkpop I went to the festival with a big bouqet of roses but they did not allow me to go backstage,some guy from security said he would give it to him,but I dunno if he did.Looking back at it I think How stupid can you be:$,but at that time it seemed like a good idea.I hope it turns out allright for you and that she gave your gifts to them,they are really beautiful.No hard feelings,but no gifts from me anymore,I ve learned my lesson.:yesey:

Wouw awesome picture,years ago I made A drawing Of Matt and I send it too an adress that was on a muse cd or in a magazine,don,t remember anymore,send lots of gifts,but never got any response back,when Muse played at Pinkpop I went to the festival with a big bunch of roses but they did not allow me to go backstage,some guy from security said he would give it to him,but I dunno if he did.Looking back at it I think How stupid can you be:$,but at that time it seemed like a good idea.I hope it turns out allright for you and that she gave your gifts to them,they are really beautiful.No hard feelings,but no gifts from me anymore,I ve learned my lesson.:yesey:

Yeah, I'm always cautious about addresses. There are so many fake addresses out there, it's just hard to know which people you can trust. And yeah, in my case, there was nothing else I could do. I actually later saw Tom Kirk walking right by me... that would have been a perfect chance...! But alas, I didn't know I would see him. Sigh. I just wish I knew! Thank you for the good wishes, but I know exactly what you mean. I can't help but worry though.

Yeah, I'm always cautious about addresses. There are so many fake addresses out there, it's just hard to know which people you can trust. And yeah, in my case, there was nothing else I could do. I actually later saw Tom Kirk walking right by me... that would have been a perfect chance...! But alas, I didn't know I would see him. Sigh. I just wish I knew! Thank you for the good wishes, but I know exactly what you mean. I can't help but worry though.

What you can do is send a private message to Tom Kirk,he can ask the boys if they got your gifts,it,s a suggestion....good luck:)

What you can do is send a private message to Tom Kirk,he can ask the boys if they got your gifts,it,s a suggestion....good luck:)

Kirkbot, you mean? I checked out that account and it doesn't look like he ever writes anything personal or responds to anyone...

They are awesome :happy: Hope they got to them, and you best bet is probably to wait until Chris is tweeting again, I'm sure he'd tell you.

(Maybe we should get Matt a pedal? For MM ;) )

Thank you :happy: But how, exactly? I'm not that great with twitter, but from what I've seen, Chris doesn't really reply to the replies on the twitpics...? Is there a PM option for their twitter?

I really hope they got your gifts! They look really cool :happy:

I'm having the same issue. I'm going to the show on 10/24 and I have a really cool scrapbook that some other friends and I made for the guys, but I'm SO afraid to give it to security because I'm afraid they'll just throw it away or something :erm:

I'm planning on putting a little note in there asking for a tweet or a twitpic just so that we can know they got it, but that would mean I wouldn't know till afterwards if they got it (or I might NEVER know, as they could get it but just decide not to tweet about it).

But I feel like there aren't a whole lot of other options :unsure: Does anyone out there know anyone who works security at a venue or something? Do they really give gifts to the bands like they say they will, or do they throw them away? :unsure:

I'm having the same issue. I'm going to the show on 10/24 and I have a really cool scrapbook that some other friends and I made for the guys, but I'm SO afraid to give it to security because I'm afraid they'll just throw it away or something :erm:

I'm planning on putting a little note in there asking for a tweet or a twitpic just so that we can know they got it, but that would mean I wouldn't know till afterwards if they got it (or I might NEVER know, as they could get it but just decide not to tweet about it).

But I feel like there aren't a whole lot of other options :unsure: Does anyone out there know anyone who works security at a venue or something? Do they really give gifts to the bands like they say they will, or do they throw them away? :unsure:

Thanks. :) And yeah, I really have no idea what to do. I should have kept them and then yelled Tom's name when I saw him. I was thinking about writing a note asking for a twitpic, but I had no time. And yeah, that's another concern of mine. Ahhhh, I hope they didn't. :( Good luck with your scrapbook, I hope you aren't as unlucky as me.

I guess it's worth a try, but for what concerns me I've never given anything to security because I don't even think that all of them are able to see the band :erm: I had some gifts I wanted to give a few years back, and I've always waited to actually meeting the band to give them the presents.

I wouldn't even recommend you to give anything to the roadies, because a friend of mine once had brought cookies for Muse, and she gave them to some kind of stage manager before the show (not very practical during a concert..!), and later that night we met Matt and Dom, and the roadies had eaten all the biscuits :LOL: Muse didn't even see them :p But I guess that if you give your gifts to Tom Kirk, there shouldn't be any problem :happy:

Archived