I love Muse but am I the only one who thinks the band's videos have more potential?

wildwilly

I am a huge fan of MUSE. First heard the band open for U2 with Uprising and now am true super fan. Matt is an incredible rock and roll talent, Chris and Dom are awesome too.

However, the band's video's do not always live up to their full potential. Take the music video Uprising. Don't take me wrong here...it is cool to watch. But the whole teddy bear with fangs thing just does not do it for me. Uprising is a song about political upheaval and could have easily incorporated a motif from a movie like Brad Pitt's Inglorious Bastards...or the great war movie Patton. This type of imagery would have really done the song more justice.

Okay...now tell me I am an idiot.

Personally I loved the Uprising video, very original. I would feel if they went crazy political it would be a cliche. HOWEVER I was insanely disappointed when I saw the video for Resistance. When I first watched it I was like "Oh, good one Muse! you kidders you!" I thought it was a joke... but it wasn't... and its still a shit music video... *is bitter* Soo much potential there for a good video! I must admit I HATE twilight with a burning passion but I like the NSC video better then the Resistance one.

Rant complete.:LOL:

I don't think that they care as much about the videos(I'm not saying that they don't give a shit about them but I think that they tend to focus on other stuff)...like Lady Gaga for example who's videos last for 10 minutes and the song lasts for 4 minutes :facepalm:

I hink it's great that Lady Gaga is bringing back the music video. Not that she is the only one making interesting ones, but she is creating more interest with them. Music videos are underrated in my opinion and can be a very powerful tool.

I hink it's great that Lady Gaga is bringing back the music video. Not that she is the only one making interesting ones, but she is creating more interest with them. Music videos are underrated in my opinion and can be a very powerful tool.

Definetly,but what I'm trying to say is that I don't think that they pay that much attention to their videos :) (me not being a fan of Gaga has nothing to do with it)

Interesting first post. I see where you're heading with Uprising but if you analyse the video thoroughly you can see the use of lighting and effects help to establish a running theme.

As someone who creates concepts or stories as you will, that correspond to the music, it is most hard to convey exactly what other viewers will interpret from the song.

Archived