Possible Muse "Classic album" Tour in future?

neenz.

Ok, first of all, I don't post very often so apologies if a similar thread has been posted before and also, I wasn't too sure how to word the title so it's best if you just read on to understand what I'm getting at....

So basically there have been some bands who've maybe re-released an album on it's 10/15/20 year anniversary or whatever and have then gone on tour, playing the classic album in its entirety (The Pixies with 'Doolittle' and now possibly Weezer with the Blue album and 'Pinkerton'). This has been a real treat for older fans who prefer the earlier albums etc..

So does anyone think Muse might do this in the future? What would WMG think about the idea? Who would go? Which album would you like to see performed live in its entirety?

This might be an epic fail of a thread and fall flat on its ass but feel free to discuss if you want (but beeeee niiiiiice) :happy:

Ok, first of all, I don't post very often so apologies if a similar thread has been posted before and also, I wasn't too sure how to word the title so it's best if you just read on to understand what I'm getting at....

So basically there have been some bands who've maybe re-released an album on it's 10/15/20 year anniversary or whatever and have then gone on tour, playing the classic album in its entirety (The Pixies with 'Doolittle' and now possibly Weezer with the Blue album and 'Pinkerton'). This has been a real treat for older fans who prefer the earlier albums etc..

So does anyone think Muse might do this in the future? What would WMG think about the idea? Who would go? Which album would you like to see performed live in its entirety?

This might be an epic fail of a thread and fall flat on its ass but feel free to discuss if you want (but beeeee niiiiiice) :happy:

Highly doubt this would happen, as they probably wouldn't think there is a demand for it. I'd go see just about any album in full as each one has some rarities in it.

Also IBTL :p

It would be cool to see them playing an album in full during a tour and then throwing in some hits after like a OOS 10TH Anniversary Tour.

Setlist would be something like this:

New Born

Bliss

Space Dementia

Hyper Music

Plug In Baby

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

Screenager

Darkshines

Feeling Good

Megalomania

Uprising

Muscle Museum

Supermassive Black Hole

Hysteria

Map Of The Problematique

MK Ultra

Time Is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

Showbiz

Stockholm Syndrome

Knights Of Cydonia

It'd be really cool to do. I'd love a tour

They could also do something like My Morning Jacket too. Not a tour but MMJ is playing 5 dates at this place in New York, each day playing a different album.

We wouldn't all get to see it because it'd probably be in the UK but maybe they could release a pro-shot or something

5 nights in a row playing each album in full at them, for the encores play B-sides and maybe a regular from another album. Or maybe 4 nights and for the encores they could shuffle in Resistance songs and b-sides so to make a full setlist. Something like that.

I'd rather a tour though, so I could see it :p

It'd be really cool to do. I'd love a tour

They could also do something like My Morning Jacket too. Not a tour but MMJ is playing 5 dates at this place in New York, each day playing a different album.

We wouldn't all get to see it because it'd probably be in the UK but maybe they could release a pro-shot or something

5 nights in a row playing each album in full at them, for the encores play B-sides and maybe a regular from another album. Or maybe 4 nights and for the encores they could shuffle in Resistance songs and b-sides so to make a full setlist. Something like that.

I'd rather a tour though, so I could see it :p

I would go every night...:D

• 7 months later...

Queens of the Stone Age are doing this with their first album.

OoS is sort of getting it's revisit in August (albeit for 2 gigs :'() anyway. I'm not fussed about Showbiz- their music then was worse (arguably), but it was their stage antics and energy which have been lost to an extent that made people covet that era.

Absolution and Black Holes (maybe combined) would be nice, as more and more of the songs were played for 1 tour and just dissipated and disappeared, despite being incredible (or at least good) songs. Debase Masons Grog, City of Delusion, Hoodoo, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist and The Small Print make a point. Endlessly and Exo Politics are good, and it would be nice to see them too. And that's not even getting on to the B-sides, Glorious, Easily, Fury and The Groove, all of which are incredible songs, but the number of times they have been played live can be counted on your fingers.

They should do a Radiohead and have a pool of a good 50 songs, rotated fairly with slots mixed up, with at least 1 B-side an a few rarities played a night.

Sorry, I've started talking about Radiohead again :facepalm:

Archived