Songs with strings

Dee3Dee

So I was sitting around the other day thinking about which songs have orchestral strings in them. These are the only ones I got:

City of Delusion

Blackout

Exogenesis (duh)

Butterflies and Hurricanes

I know I've forgotten at least 1-2 songs! I've heard people say that there are strings in MK Ultra, but I wasn't sure about that one.

Can anyone help me fill in the rest?

Citizen Erased may or may not (strings were recorded).

Feeling Good supposedly has some improvised cello.

Take a Bow.

Hoodoo.

Undisclosed Desires.

United States of Eurasia

MK Ultra

I Belong To You (Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Tá Voix)

You're not too good at this :p

Citizen Erased may or may not (strings were recorded).

Feeling Good supposedly has some improvised cello.

Take a Bow.

Hoodoo.

Undisclosed Desires.

United States of Eurasia

MK Ultra

I Belong To You (Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Tá Voix)

You're not too good at this :p

Goddamnit :LOL:

Oooh, Strings Citizen Erased is nice. I can see why they didn't keep the strings though; it wouldn't have fitted so well at that point in the album.

Agreed, in fact I think the strings would have been a bit of overkill for a song like Citizen Erased.

I do think that you can faintly hear the strings in the background of original CE though... In the last part. It's really pushed very much into the background and only noticeable on really good headphones. I don't think they've totally discarded them.

I like the version with added strings, however, I think that original CE is already multi-layered enough... And agree, it would have been kind of an overkill.

I do think that you can faintly hear the strings in the background of original CE though... In the last part. It's really pushed very much into the background and only noticeable on really good headphones. I don't think they've totally discarded them.

I like the version with added strings, however, I think that original CE is already multi-layered enough... And agree, it would have been kind of an overkill.

That's synths, sorry.

And about the strings. They used synths instead of strings, so that's why it sounds like too much when you add strings without removing the synths.

Oooh, Strings Citizen Erased is nice. I can see why they didn't keep the strings though; it wouldn't have fitted so well at that point in the album.

My gut feeling is if they had pushed the strings "in between" the various guitar parts and gone for a "smoother" Blackout-like tone it might have worked but I could be horrifically misguided.

Archived