1984 is brilliant. I read it years ago, fantastic book. The only thing that bugs me now is that all the Musers started reading it and claiming it was their favorite book after The Resistance came out :erm:

(Not that I'm accusing you of that, of course :))

Chris17.jpg

It was the same with A Clockwork Orange. I couldn't get past the 3rd page because I didn't understand what he was saying :erm:

That sucks :chuckle: I know what you mean. You're really trying to understand what's going on but u simply don't. I've got sth similar with the Second part of 'Faust' from Goehte. It's worse . really. I'm saying this as someone who will study German literature. So trust me. You better should. NEVER read the 2nd part (as if u ever thought of xDD). The first part is genius so read that instead :LOL:

(Oh and Goethe was mentally ill, drunk, had hundreds of women when he wrote the 2nd.... so guess it can be lead back to that :LOL:)

Haven't read them :$

At the moment I'm reading 1984 :facepalm::LOL: and the next book will be The Legend of Sigurd & Gudrun by Tolkien :chuckle:

1984 is great :awesome:

Sigurd & Gudrun :happy: Reminds me of one of the next books I'm gonna read : The Song of the Nibelungs. I want to read the really really really original in middle high german version :awesome:

Okay I'm definately talking about things no one's interested in so I'm going to sleep now :chuckle:

Sleep well Kalyia& Melanie :kiss:

EDIT: forgot the pic :chuckle:

5rcqxplt.jpg

Edited by Coyblythe

That sucks :chuckle: I know what you mean. You're really trying to understand what's going on but u simply don't. I've got sth similar with the Second part of 'Faust' from Goehte. It's worse . really. I'm saying this as someone who will study German literature. So trust me. You better should. NEVER read the 2nd part (as if u ever thought of xDD). The first is genius :LOL:

(Oh and Goethe was mentally ill, drunk, had hundreds of women.... so guess it can be lead back to that :LOL:)

Sigurd & Gudrun :happy: Reminds me of one of the next books I'm gonna read : The Song of the Nibelungs. I want to read the really really really original in middle high german :awesome:

Okay I'm definately talking about things no one's interested in so I'm going to sleep now :chuckle:

Sleep well Kalya& Melanie :kiss:

The thing about A Clockwork Orange was that it was using futuristic slang and didn't provide a glossary or something so I couldn't understand what they were saying literally :LOL:

Night Bianca :kiss:

Chris7-4.png

LotR talk. :awesome:

Merry's cute too <3 And Frodo too these hobbits are all so sweet as long as you ignore their wooly feets :chuckle:

Naaah,Frodo was too girly. :p

Aragorn? C'mon, Eomer is the sexy beast in those movies :D :D :D :D

What,Eomer?! Muahahaha. :LOL:

He looked like a barby's ken with hangover. :p

'Shame on you for thinking you're all alone, if you want I'll make you wish you were' from Dead Star. It refuses to fit in my sig no matter how I put it :LOL:. I guess I'll have to keep it in secret :ninja:

Why can't you put it instead of that Nickelback thingy? :erm:

That sucks :chuckle: I know what you mean. You're really trying to understand what's going on but u simply don't. I've got sth similar with the Second part of 'Faust' from Goehte. It's worse . really. I'm saying this as someone who will study German literature. So trust me. You better should. NEVER read the 2nd part (as if u ever thought of xDD). The first part is genius so read that instead :LOL:

(Oh and Goethe was mentally ill, drunk, had hundreds of women.... so guess it can be lead back to that :LOL:)

Sigurd & Gudrun :happy: Reminds me of one of the next books I'm gonna read : The Song of the Nibelungs. I want to read the really really really original in middle high german :awesome:

Sleep well Kalya& Melanie :kiss:

As a German student I'm very interested...but we can continue this conversation on another day :D (I hate Faus 2 as well but love Urfaust :D)

I just had an exam of middle high german..it was...let's say interesting :LOL: but I passed :D

tumblr_l2m8owbK9y1qzjf21.jpg

Holy shit, just watched Babel. :eek: Who knew Pitt was such a good actor?

(Oh and Goethe was mentally ill, drunk, had hundreds of women when he wrote the 2nd.... so guess it can be lead back to that :LOL:)

*gulps*

We'll have to read Faust in school this year. :eek: And now I'm really scared. Is it really that bad?

Holy shit, just watched Babel. :eek: Who knew Pitt was such a good actor?

*gulps*

We'll have to read Faust in school this year. :eek: And now I'm really scared. Is it really that bad?

which part will you be reading? It really depends on that...:)

I'm sorry, I'm a massive Tolkien fan :D I think I've read LOTR about 100 times :LOL:

But I would still say that Eomer is the best looking guy in the movie :D

3893952870_ce28a7165d.jpg

:LOL: :LOL:

lotr on the wolstenbeast thread :awesome:

eomer :eyebrows:

i cried though when haldir died :$ i love him even though his character isn't very important.

Why can't you put it instead of that Nickelback thingy? :erm:

Not sure. I've had that little piece since I joined the boards, and people thought it was funny at first. But ya, it's getting stale, Might do that.

Don't want to overload my sig with keeps though. I hate it when people do that.

Chris9-4.png

eomer

:D:D:D:D

Haldirs death is sad but I didn't cry..I only cry at the end of the movie when Frodo leaves middle earth :(:$

This thread has somehow morphed into a literature thread :LOL:

1_649348399l.jpg

What,Eomer?! Muahahaha.

He looked like a barby's ken with hangover.

:eek: he totally sexy :D

:LOL: :LOL:

lotr on the wolstenbeast thread :awesome:

Don't forget Goethe. :p

eomer :eyebrows:

I feel that if I said that Eomer sucks and Aragorn is better we'd get into another argument. :chuckle:

which part will you be reading? It really depends on that...:)

Probably all of them. :indiff:

Don't forget Goethe. :p

my experience with goethe is limited to schubert lieder...so i don't have much to add to that conversation sadly.

I feel that if I said that Eomer sucks and Aragorn is better we'd get into another argument. :chuckle:

no we wouldn't because

a.) i'd be curious to know why you think eomer sucks. :LOL:

b.) i don't actually dislike any of those "people" :p

and

c.) we're not on my boat :phu:

i miss the days when lotr/muse lulz were "relevant" seems the lulz these days only get laughs if they are about accepted topics. eh

Chris-chris-wolstenholme-8494224-1103-971-1.jpg

I've never heard anything about True Blood :$ but it seems to be very popular...

Well,if you're into vampires you might like it. I think. So far I've watched only 6 episodes but hell yeah,there are A LOT of sex scenes. :eyebrows:

no we wouldn't because

a.) i'd be curious to know why you think eomer sucks. :LOL:

b.) i don't actually dislike any of those "people" :p

and

c.) we're not on my boat :phu:

Pff,that's easy. He was an elf,talked weird shit, had pointy ears and blond,smooth hair. And got himself killed in the first film. :rolleyes:

i miss the days when lotr/muse lulz were "relevant" seems the lulz these days only get laughs if they are about accepted topics. eh

Chris-chris-wolstenholme-8494224-1103-971-1.jpg

:chuckle: