Muse Amp Settings

sonofsparda

i have a line 6 spider iv , so what i wanna know is does anyone know they actual settings they use as a band i have good distortion but it just still isnt what i want im learning hysteria now and that is a heavy distortion song so all help would be appreciated :)

No such thing, each song uses different guitars, different effects and different amps and different combinations of those, along with different settings, mics, microphone positions, compression, EQ etc.

Just find what you think works. Matt used a £2k+ amplifier for Hysteria, don't expect miracles from your Spider :)

No such thing, each song uses different guitars, different effects and different amps and different combinations of those, along with different settings, mics, microphone positions, compression, EQ etc.

Just find what you think works. Matt used a £2k+ amplifier for Hysteria, don't expect miracles from your Spider :)

Haze, am hijacking this thread to say hi for the first time in umpteen years. I've just been listening to some of your latest music. Sounding excellent mate.

Just fiddle around with the settings on the Insane channel(You don't want all the knobs at 10 lol), that seemed to work for most of the heavier Muse songs when I had a spider(III). You should be able to get it so it doesn't just sound like a fuzzy mess and get some note definition. At least from my experience of playing with one, the only channels worth your time are the Clean and Insane ones for Muse stuff. But I mean if you can find some use for the others that doesn't sound like complete crap, go for it.

Don't have it anymore, so can't really go any more in-depth than that. Eh, actually come to think of it I don't think the spider IV is as simple as the III, so my advice might be completely useless.

Edit: For hysteria try some slight delay/reverb.(I know I used one of the settings on that knob anyway.)

• 7 months later...
Both he and Chris have switched to Liquid Foot Pros as their MIDI controllers, and each of their techs have another in the backstage rack. The DOD EQ is now an MXR 6-band EQ, and he's done away with most of his Line 6 effects for a TC G-Major, save for the Echo Pro.

Those are their amp settings?

Well...yes, they are :LOL:

Guest bshuker
i have a line 6 spider iv , so what i wanna know is does anyone know they actual settings they use as a band i have good distortion but it just still isnt what i want im learning hysteria now and that is a heavy distortion song so all help would be appreciated :)

uhh high gain green amp is diezel, thats gonna be close

gain halfway or something, mids high, bass half way, treble to taste

this is about as close as anybody can tell you, go and play with the dials and use your ears

it will never sound like the recording, and it will never sound like the real deal, just find somethign close that you like bro

it will never sound like the recording, and it will never sound like the real deal, just find somethign close that you like bro

YES.

That's something that very few people pay attention to.

You should see those EVH tone chasers...with their spectrum analyzers and stuff...on a recorded tone...a recorded tone that was mixed...

i-lol-d.jpg

Lol, some people are such tone twats. On another board a lady once claimed she could tell if the bassist was using an ampeg rig from outside the venue. Seriously. It didn't matter what venue, what bass, what PA, who's playing the fucking thing, as long as she can hear some rumble outside the venue, she'll tell you if the bassist has an Ampeg or not.

Yeah some people can be ridiculous with that stuff. I know some amps have unique sounds, but that's a bit over the top

As I mentioned, these guys on another board are using spectrum analyzers and stuff on a recorded tone. What's the point? They're chasing a ghost. Apparently it didn't sound like that in the studio either, and was heavily mixed. Then there's the mics, mic placement...I don't know what else...

There's no point in tone chasing to be honest, as it's probably a completely different sound standing in front of the amp. The player also matters.

/tone is in the whammy

To replicate a tone you'd have to be in the same room at the same temperature and humidity, have the same guitar amp etc. then record it with the same mic onto the same tape with the tape machine calibrated exactly the same

Then you have to get the same engineer to un-do the X-years worth of hearing damage and get him to mix the thing.

Archived