New Manson MBK3 pickups

musecasters

Adrian said that it would be no problem to have a 7-string version in my custom *Thumbs Up*

Nice,

I'm still not entirely sure why I went with the MBK3 for the DL-1. I think the MBK2 was much more versatile.

Nice to have some variety I guess. I've got four MBK2 equipped guitars now.

Nice,

I'm still not entirely sure why I went with the MBK3 for the DL-1. I think the MBK2 was much more versatile.

still waiting for that group shot!

Nice,

:o

I'd love to see em too!

Shoot off between the mbk2s and mbk3s?

Adrian said that it would be no problem to have a 7-string version in my custom *Thumbs Up*

:awesome: I can't wait for you to get it so we can hear how the MBK-3 sounds with drop A and dropped tunings! Citizen Erased intro will sound beastly!

still waiting for that group shot!

+1 we're waiting James... :ninja:

Nice,

You said that you wanted to go for a really aggressive sound on the DL-1 if I recall...But yeah, good to have some variety in my opinion....

:awesome: I can't wait for you to get it so we can hear how the MBK-3 sounds with drop A and dropped tunings! Citizen Erased intro will sound beastly!

Damn right! :awesome:

Finally got my pickups I ordered from Mansons. Problem is I'm out on a business trip in Miami all week next week, and my guitar techie is out til Aug 1. Guess pup swapping is gonna have to take a back seat for a while :rolleyes:

I decided to swap the bridge of the ME quatro only. The 53/10 neck sounds really awesome and I'm happy with it. I just want something a lil hotter at the bridge. Anyways, I'm hoping I'm making the right choice here! CU24 might get sold sometime this year, so I'm refraining from making any mods to it. :mellow:

L1010759.jpg

L1010760.jpg

Nice. Are you hooking up a coil split or anything? I'm interested in how they sound split. The MBK-2 sounds great split, unlike most humbuckers.

yes, I plan on having the option to coil tap it.

I will have 6 tone combinations when I'm done :D :

Neck HB

Bridge HB

Neck and Bridge HB

Neck Single Coil

Bridge Single Coil

Neck and Bridge Single Coil

Bridge single coils have always been a bit too trebly for my tastes, but we'll see how the MKB3's act. Maybe I'll even do a demo/review.

Hoping to get some muse-esque tones! ;)

When are you planning on getting the installation done? I really want to know if the MBK3s sound good coil split so I can consider whether or not to incorporate it into my custom! :)

I plan on getting it done first or second week of August, I'm actually quite excited about i myself. I will keep you posted how it sounds split, but I am not expecting to be blown away to be honest. In my experience, HB's that are split to single coils sounds a bit too trebly for my ears, but let's see how it sounds before jumping to any conclusions.

And share pics on your custom I'm a huge PRS lover :)

:LOL: it's his custom Manson, just so you know--he's getting it all planned out.

On another note, have you had any experience with the PRS Studio?

LMAO oh :stunned: I thought he meant his Custom as in Custom 22/24 lmao :LOL:

I haven't had any first had experience with the PRS studio's but I heard their neck pickup tones from the NF pickups are to die for. I want to acquire one, but we'll see what the future holds :)

LMAO oh :stunned: I thought he meant his Custom as in Custom 22/24 lmao :LOL:

I haven't had any first had experience with the PRS studio's but I heard their neck pickup tones from the NF pickups are to die for. I want to acquire one, but we'll see what the future holds :)

Haha nope :LOL:

Yeah, I've heard only great things about it. I'm into more...offbeat...guitars, so I'm after one that can be a sort of "do-it-all" for church and stuff so that I can stick to having things like the MB-1 and Bobby

Haha nope :LOL:

Yeah, I've heard only great things about it. I'm into more...offbeat...guitars, so I'm after one that can be a sort of "do-it-all" for church and stuff so that I can stick to having things like the MB-1 and Bobby

Custom 22/24 are a multi tool for guitars :) I encourage you to try one out if you can. :)

You can go from single coil chimes to heavy humbucking tones. Can definitely hit those vintage PAF tones easily

Custom 22/24 are a multi tool for guitars :) I encourage you to try one out if you can. :)

You can go from single coil chimes to heavy humbucking tones. Can definitely hit those vintage PAF tones easily

Yeah, I briefly had a Custom 24 from the late 80s...great guitar :)

I like the idea of the Narrowfield's that the Studio has though. Might try to get my hands on a 513 as well, should've tried one when I had the chance at Manson's :facepalm:

Yeah, I briefly had a Custom 24 from the late 80s...great guitar :)

I like the idea of the Narrowfield's that the Studio has though. Might try to get my hands on a 513 as well, should've tried one when I had the chance at Manson's :facepalm:

Actually...., just get the quatro. I friggin LOVE it <33

I plan on getting it done first or second week of August, I'm actually quite excited about i myself. I will keep you posted how it sounds split, but I am not expecting to be blown away to be honest. In my experience, HB's that are split to single coils sounds a bit too trebly for my ears, but let's see how it sounds before jumping to any conclusions.

And share pics on your custom I'm a huge PRS lover :)

I look forward to hearing about it then! I'll have the MBK2 split on the MB-1, so I may as well have the option on the custom MBK3 too. I just want to know how it sounds in advance.

And yeah, it's going to be a ridiculously expensive Manson custom! :LOL:

Archived