New Manson MBK3 pickups

musecasters

I feel sure he'll have his tech do it! :LOL:

hahaha yessir, I'm more of a player than a techie :)

If worst comes to worst, I'll swap them back and sell the MKB3's on ebay and get the MKB2's. I hope it doesn't resort to that tho lol. I'll be wasting a lot of money. :$

Obviously there are pickups that sound great clean and dirty (I have single coil pickups on my strat that sound AWESOME clean and GREAT with some dirt. Also the pickups on my PRS's sound great clean or dirty.) so I may be over generalizing here, but pickups that sound good clean, don't sound as good as pickups that sound bad clean. That sentence sounds kinda confusing, let me rephrase in a VERY BROAD general statement.

Hot pickups = sound awesome dirty, but don't sound great clean

Clean pickups = sounds awesome clean, but don't sound as good dirty as a hot pickup would

Also quick question - Would the MKB1 (P90) fit in a regular size humbucker slot?

You could always just fit the bridge pickup first, and find a balance between cleans in the neck pickup you already have and the MBK3 in the bridge, if you're not sure about the cleans on that? That's what my custom should be like anyway. Nice bluesy sound in the neck. Huge crunchy distortion at the bridge. Lovely stuff.

You could always just fit the bridge pickup first, and find a balance between cleans in the neck pickup you already have and the MBK3 in the bridge, if you're not sure about the cleans on that? That's what my custom should be like anyway. Nice bluesy sound in the neck. Huge crunchy distortion at the bridge. Lovely stuff.

This sounds like a wicked idea... Im curious about the mkb3 neck pup tho. Oh what to do, what to do...

Hot pickups = sound awesome dirty, but don't sound great clean

Clean pickups = sounds awesome clean, but don't sound as good dirty as a hot pickup would

Also quick question - Would the MKB1 (P90) fit in a regular size humbucker slot?

Wouldn't necessarily agree with this as I get awesome cleans from my MBK-2... seems to be a really versatile pup.

Wouldn't necessarily agree with this as I get awesome cleans from my MBK-2... seems to be a really versatile pup.

I did mention this was a very broad general statement. I even mentioned in the sentence I have pick ups that sound good clean or dirty.

Quote my whole post or at least the context I used it in next time :)

why are you rushing to defend your self? we aren't trying to argue with you... :rolleyes:

I wasnt, I was just clarifying -_-

He took a part of my post and disregarded my entire sentences prior to.

I even said there are pick ups that sound good clean and dirty and he says he disagrees with my broad statement cuz his mkb2 sound good clean and is versatile.

It's like he didn't even read my post and just read the stuff with = signs and assumed thats what i was saying.

I did mention this was a very broad general statement. I even mentioned in the sentence I have pick ups that sound good clean or dirty.

Quote my whole post or at least the context I used it in next time :)

Tad patronizing...

I wasnt, I was just clarifying -_-

He took a part of my post and disregarded my entire sentences prior to.

I even said there are pick ups that sound good clean and dirty and he says he disagrees with my broad statement cuz his mkb2 sound good clean and is versatile.

It's like he didn't even read my post and just read the stuff with = signs and assumed thats what i was saying.

I did read it, but I was just making a point. Hardly something to get worked up over :stunned:

And even if it was a "very broad" statment... I'm still allowed to disagree with it :p

Archived