New Manson MBK3 pickups

musecasters

interesting about the neck pickup. How do you find it sounds distorted? I've only used the bridge pickup.

I really like these pick ups, however i think they would serve better in a 3 way toggle rather than the 5 way rotary.

The bridge pick up is very hot, definitely modern hot category imo. The neck pup is full and juicey, very beautiful with some reverb <3

Holy shizzles these pickups are a beast when it's full on HB mode :eek: The bridge pickup distorted is insaneeeee <33333

And I can play some REALLY sweet sounding chit with the neck pup too!! xD

Wow I love these pick ups, however, I don't think its a good fit for the PRS's 5 way rotary. It doesn't sound very good split :stunned: It would kick so much ass on a traditional 3 way toggle. Only liking the full on neck or full on bridge positions to be quite honest.

In my personal opinion, I don't think Manson's had intended these to be split (albeit they can be), they sound very weak and trebly when the coil is tapped or split.

Aw man, might need to pop these out again to put in a more standard toggle switch guitar

Holy shizzles these pickups are a beast when it's full on HB mode :eek: The bridge pickup distorted is insaneeeee <33333

Wow I love these pick ups, however, I don't think its a good fit for the PRS's 5 way rotary. It doesn't sound very good split :stunned: It would kick so much ass on a traditional 3 way toggle. Only liking the full on neck or full on bridge positions to be quite honest.

In my personal opinion, I don't think Manson's had intended these to be split (albeit they can be), they sound very weak and trebly when the coil is tapped or split.

Aw man, might need to pop these out again to put in a more standard toggle switch guitar

There's no way of installing a standard toggle in your PRS? :p

I'm not sure really. I never really bothered with coil splits myself, but the MBK-2 does sound pretty nice when split, so...

But maybe it depends on the guitar too. I've only tried the MBK-2 split in one guitar.

I'm not sure really. I never really bothered with coil splits myself, but the MBK-2 does sound pretty nice when split, so...

But maybe it depends on the guitar too. I've only tried the MBK-2 split in one guitar.

+1 on the MBK2 split, I've got it in my Tele and it sounds great too.

It can be done, however it is some what of a significant mod and I think it may be more economical to just pop them back out and plugging them into a traditional 3 way toggle. :LOL:

I like these pickups a lot too. Oh what to do... :$

Hi Jimbo, is the cracked mirror E-shape yours (I thought so..)? Can I have any pictures of it? It's by far the nicest Manson i've ever seen and it's got really some aspects I'd like to put in my own custom Mansion! :)

edit: *woops, thought this was the Manson Guitars topic..*

Hi Jimbo, is the cracked mirror E-shape yours (I thought so..)? Can I have any pictures of it? It's by far the nicest Manson i've ever seen and it's got really some aspects I'd like to put in my own custom Mansion! :)

edit: *woops, thought this was the Manson Guitars topic..*

its simnos... i dont know where he is though

Ooooh interesting...So it's all done now then? Would you be able to make a recording of the bridge pickup split or tapped or whatever? I'm really looking forward to the distorted sound though. Everyone says it's insane! :LOL:

My neck pickup on the custom should offer some nice cleans but I was curious about the MBK3 being coil tapped or whatever. If everyone agrees though that the MBK2 is great tapped and the MBK3 isn't, then I won't have that done on the MBK3...

Ooooh interesting...So it's all done now then? Would you be able to make a recording of the bridge pickup split or tapped or whatever? I'm really looking forward to the distorted sound though. Everyone says it's insane! :LOL:

My neck pickup on the custom should offer some nice cleans but I was curious about the MBK3 being coil tapped or whatever. If everyone agrees though that the MBK2 is great tapped and the MBK3 isn't, then I won't have that done on the MBK3...

I'm actually popping them back out and putting them into my modern eagle quatro (traditional 3 way toggle with coil tap). Initially I didn't wanna tinker with the pick up swap on my quatro cuz it's such an expensive instrument, but the pickups rock so much I don't careeeeeee <333 Also, I'll be able to tap them on my quatro too, will just have more control over which coil/pickup I'll be using. Hoping they'll sound better on there.

The distorted sound is pretty wild. It doesn't matter if you're playing rhythm or lead, they both sounds great to me. But I was also very impressed with the cleans too (both neck and bridge positions sounded good to me). I was able to get some really sweet, juicy tones out of the neck pickup, and was able to get some nice trebley tones without it being too sharp or bright. I wish I could compare them to the MKB2's which I'm hearing raves about. Unfortunately, I've never used MKB2's so I wouldn't be able to compare the two, but I'm very, very impressed with the MKB3's.

As much as I love the pickups, the MKB3's didn't really excel in the 5 way rotary. The 5 way rotary has inbetween positions that sends signals to the pickups to emulate a "telecastery/stratocaster-esque" sound; and I think maybe the capacitors/resisters are designed for a traditional vintage pickup rather than a contemporary hot pick up. I'm sure a lot of other things may be attributing to why the in between position sounds weren't as nice as I had hoped.

In any case, my bottom line is: that I love these pickups, actually, I really, really love it. <33 They fuggin rock! so order a pair if you can :\mm/:

Only wished I swapped them into my quatro to begin with cuz it's costing me time and money!!

Yeah, do some clipsch please?

Perhaps after swapping them into my quatro. :)

Archived