Origin of Symmetry

The Bends

Amnesiac

Black Holes & Revelations

Hail to the Thief

The Resistance

Showbiz

Pablo Honey

However, and this is just opinion... If you take Airbag, Paranoid Android, Karma Police & Lucky off of OK C*, painfully average is all that remains.

*and yes, those songs do make up a significant percentage of the record, but how it can regularly top 'best album ever' lists with 4 great songs is totally beyond my comprehension...

Let Down and Climbing up the Walls are two of Radiohead's best songs and the other four are still good.

ok, i know this is a little off topic, but i suppose thi fits in this thread, although i doubt anyone would agree with me.

but, is it just me or does the verse of sing for absolution with all the effects on his voice make him sound like herbert from family guy? Ya know, the old, white haired pedophile with the slow dog, hunchback, and lisp. I mean, don't get me wrong, love the song, but it took me far longer to get use to it compared to the rest coz of that. Its just coz of the effect, THEY SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME!

anybody agree? no? :$:( wouldn't have thought so.

anyway, sorry for the interruption, now u may continue your boring lists of muse/radiohead albums.

OK Computer

The Bends

Amnesiac

Absolution

Kid A

Origin of Symmetry

In Rainbows

The Resistance

Hail to the Thief *

Showbiz

Pablo Honey

Strange; I think Radiohead are the better band, but I prefer Muse. And I'm starting to think that maybe BH&R is better than the Resistance - it has better songs, although the flow is better on the latter.

*HttT has great songs, but as an album, it really doesn't work.

OK Computer

The Bends

Amnesiac

Absolution

Kid A

Origin of Symmetry

In Rainbows

The Resistance

Hail to the Thief *

Showbiz

Pablo Honey

Strange; I think Radiohead are the better band, but I prefer Muse. And I'm starting to think that maybe BH&R is better than the Resistance - it has better songs, although the flow is better on the latter.

*HttT has great songs, but as an album, it really doesn't work.

Agreed on almost all points.

Although I feel that TR is still definitely better than BHAR, due to the flow and production being infinitely better.

And something about HttT simply does not work for me. At all.

I hate matts older voice. It sounds way too whiney on Showbiz and also to an extent on Origin. He's definately improved with age.

I don't hate it, but his new voice is definitely better.

Agreed. I like a lot of the singing on the resistance.

:noey: This makes me so sad. Although technically Matt's newer voice is better in the sense that it is generally stronger and has more of a range, his old voice simply sounds better. I don't find it whiny and weak at all.

:noey: This makes me so sad. Although technically Matt's newer voice is better in the sense that it is generally stronger and has more of a range, his old voice simply sounds better. I don't find it whiny and weak at all.

But whiny and weak is what it is ;) - Love his old voice though.

FG live >>>>>> UD live.

His Showbiz voice does sound kind of nasty (I simply cannot stand the studio Unintended), however his OOS-Absolution voice is quite excellent.

And yes.

Matt's voice in the OoS-Absolution era was definitely his peak, though I'd still prefer his Showbiz voice to his TR voice any day.

Matt's voice in the OoS-Absolution era was definitely his peak, though I'd still prefer his Showbiz voice to his TR voice any day.

Well I feel that's less to do with his voice than the fact that some of the songs require him to sing quite low but still quite powerfully (and long notes).

The result... is quite awful. The first line of Guiding Light ruins the entire song.

When he sings low and softly a la 1st minute of USOE, MKU, it sounds pretty good.

And when he really decides to use his voice, and sing high pure falsetto notes a la Overture, that is what it's supposed to be like.

OoS-Absolution era > BH&R-TR era > Showbiz era

:yesey:

I appear to be agreeing with you quite often...

I love how everyone talks like they're writing literature in this thread :LOL:

Okay.

RbS is boring wank. Lowlight of Absolution.

Undisclosed Desires and Resistance should not be part of the current setlists.

Muse have completely fucked up by writing NSC. To be honest, I think it belongs and deserves to be in Eclipse.

And vice versa. The synth accompanying his voice in the first line of GL made it even worse.

Ugh yes. I love synths but as with everything they have to be used properly.

A "rock" song-slash-powerballad with electropop features... no. Doesn't work.

Muse have completely fucked up by writing NSC. To be honest, I think it belongs and deserves to be in Eclipse.

1.) Yeah no. :wtf:

2.) UD needs to be taken off indefinitely. Resistance should stay for the rest of the tour than get the boot.

3.) Not really. Fits on Eclipse but one song should not determine a band's future.

1.) Yeah no. :wtf:

2.) UD needs to be taken off indefinitely. Resistance should stay for the rest of the tour than get the boot.

3.) Not really. Fits on Eclipse but one song should not determine a band's future.

I wasn't saying Muse completely ruined their future by doing NSC, I was just saying- They shouldn't have released NSC, because it is a crock of shit.

I love how everyone talks like they're writing literature in this thread :LOL:

Okay.

I actually thought this... until I learnt how to play it.

And now I cannot cease to be astonished with how subtle the harmonies are and how well the buildup works. The chord changes in the chorus especially.

Agreed. Unless they do something with UD - ditch the keytar, find some string players - and The Resistance - i.e. write a piano acoustic version - they should go. They sound like loud album playbacks.

Well, NSC is a classic case of lots of musical ideas crammed into too small a space. The piano harmonies are nice. The ending piano bit is excellent, the riff is kinda cool and the drums are catchy. But there's way too much going on in one song, it just sounds like an incoherent mess... and that's before we get to the lyrics, which I would rather not talk about.

Unless they do something with UD - ditch the keytar, find some string players - and The Resistance - i.e. write a piano acoustic version - they should go. They sound like loud album playbacks.

I think UD would work great if Matt played it on piano and Resistance could potentially work either on guitar or piano entirely.

He needs to start playing the Starlight riff on guitar again too (and the New Born piano intro of course).

Edited by Lih

I think UD would work great if Matt played it on piano and Resistance could potentially work either on guitar or piano entirely.

He needs to start playing the Starlight riff on guitar again too (and New Born of course).

Indeed. I've tried the string pizzicato bits on piano - it sounds really cool if you play it properly.

And there's no reason he can't do it. FFS I worked out how to do that part of the entire song in about 10 minutes, never mind what he can do.

I'm one of the few people who actually likes NSC :p

Don't get me wrong, I actually like NSC, but that doesn't mean I think it's any good musically :chuckle:

He needs to start playing the Starlight riff on guitar again too (and New Born of course).

He doesn't play the New Born riff on guitar? :eek: